Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JoshKeleskKoinaAU

Habitually systemic implementation issues brought to us by wargaming

6 comments in this topic

[__I__]
Members
35 posts
3,900 battles

The same slow tipping point in WoT gameplay that drove me away finally is slowly and steadily being used in ships.

Perhaps you notice how the promise of a new ranked design test will limit and aggregate the skill levels by league. This is untrue since they have left the star preservation for top score in place.

The star system was argued into existence by the sort of players that like to farm the stats meta, or iow simply sit in the back and use everyone as fodder to make sure their pr is at the maximum. I have even seen dd players in non cv ranked that will avoid all spotting and screening and simply allow their team to struggle unsupported while spamming safe torps for damage and only capping when there is no contest possible for the free points. or the more familiar BB sitting in the max range broadside with all guns farming for the loss hoping to simply preserve a star every game while patiently assuming with enough battles he will inevitably progress via this method.

In summation one of endless examples of the problem of poor design.

Now lets talk about snowflake changes. they input the ability to complete snowflakes with 300xp or a win... in theory to keep coop being the obvious method for knocking them off. Granted getting 300xp in say a random or ranked means you pretty much have to simply not be afk. the bar to make 300 is incredibly low even on a loss at tier 5 and up. Somehow they don't seem to be able to do the simple math of how long it takes to complete the goal via random vs the avg time spent in a coop match. sadly there are very limited game mode types.

An extension of the issue that ruined tanks for me is now forthcoming and is not much separate from any of their seemingly self destructive design implementations. The missions or combat missions campaigns etc. When tanks began to have many high end regular missions to win desirable premium time or more so the limited and premium tanks such as the IS tank premium lines early on. The missions often didn't have the restriction of must win to earn them.

If you don't need to win to complete a personal goal it can instantly be in opposition to winning. If you can simply sit back and farm for your goal and make it safer than say trying to win as a teammate at the same time  this is naturally self destructive to the game and community experience of the teams in and of themselves. 

Hence what began to happen say a phase of a mission was destroy X amount of german tds or so much damage, then everyone int he match had the same goal and would exclude all else to try and hunt the few people daring or foolish enough to take the ultimate target into battle at all. Positioning or defense of caps became secondary. We have had this conflict for some time in ships now and it is growing more and more.

No more so than the holiday season where we have stacked endlesss goals that are easier to achieve through singular and predatory self centric game play as if it weren't bad enough the very stats system that exists and scoring rewards already promotes the mentality.

So now lets say you want to get X amount of cits in a cruiser or torps in a dd. The missions are set to be too tedious for non career gamers to not finish easier in coop. 

Now why would you want to push people into coop? is it significantly lower server overhead? well yes obv it is so it saves them traffic and money to relay a few bots from one server than to send packets between 12 vs 12 players. The trade off is it poisons the very water we sail in because when you have people going in who are far too good for coop looking to complete things like torp hits or cits because it is significantly easier and more time efficient as well as cheaper for wargaming, is that not simply a middle finger to the community itself? Or is it merely gross incompetence? 

Which of those two inevitable truths would be the most tolerable as a user?

So lets be honest, fix cvs that have been broke since RTS, it really doesn't matter how. Where and when are the odd tiers coming back? that would seem to be an obvious way to balance them by limiting cv in mm function and limiting the mismatch of tiers or double cvs. at least when you do they could be one tier apart instead or have different functions. Maybe some actual intelligent game design going forward that doesn't pit the ends against the middle. Forget about the subs pipe dream. 

Instead of going in 5 directions at once like elementary school children at recess.. perhaps you could look at simple forward progress like adult hikers with a goal and endpoint. Or more appropriately fix the helm and stop sailing us in fruitless circles to nowhere.

Time for the community to get woke to the realities of the game and call a spade a spade instead of constantly opening their wallets and asking for another spoonful of koolaid.

• Boring 4

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles

I don't even do missions anymore and ignored playing for the special 200 % that just passed.  Just did snow flakes an all my required tiers 399 ships in port it took me a while to do . WG got cheaper with the steel it use to be 100 steel now its a mere 75 steel they got cheap with the gift box's and etc.. That's just moony I save  from spending on this game ......................

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
59 minutes ago, JoshKeleskKoinaAU said:

get woke

These two words completely poisoned your post for me, Josh.  There's nothing more toxic in today's society than woke idiots (which I'm not accusing you of at this time), and using these two incredibly words is incredibly toxic IMO.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[__I__]
Members
35 posts
3,900 battles
On 1/5/2021 at 10:58 AM, Crucis said:

These two words completely poisoned your post for me, Josh.  There's nothing more toxic in today's society than woke idiots (which I'm not accusing you of at this time), and using these two incredibly words is incredibly toxic IMO.

So i make a ton of points, and the only contribution you have is to pick to pointless ones and criticize them in a social political manner... don't you see the irony in claiming to be above such fluff words while calling them out and brining nothing to a conversation except to call them out? hello generic internet interaction, thus you are simply a part of the problem and not the solution just like those two words... owned sir.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
45 minutes ago, JoshKeleskKoinaAU said:

So i make a ton of points, and the only contribution you have is to pick to pointless ones and criticize them in a social political manner... don't you see the irony in claiming to be above such fluff words while calling them out and brining nothing to a conversation except to call them out? hello generic internet interaction, thus you are simply a part of the problem and not the solution just like those two words... owned sir.

No, NOT "social political" manner.  It's an "utterly toxic" manner.

Thou hast been ownethed, sir.

[__I__]
Members
35 posts
3,900 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, NOT "social political" manner.  It's an "utterly toxic" manner.

Thou hast been ownethed, sir.

The last response you are getting and i use the term sir loosely. i point out how you have an issue with a non topic of a post, your response to me pointing that fact out and calling that behaviour purely toxic is to.... reply with more of the same and go off topic completely? pure class.. how do i blacklist someone on the forums again? 

You can't own anything if you have no credibility.

Sign in to follow this