Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Finally enough RB Points

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

105
[WOLF9]
Members
519 posts

Finally got enough RB Points to get my target, the Ohio, and now I'm getting cold feet.  Talk me off the ledge before I pull the trigger.  When I started this RB journey I was a BB main, but I've gone DD & the Paolo doesn't thrill me.  Help!

Ugh, First World Problems!

Edited by S7CentNickel
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,695
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,534 posts
18,473 battles
1 minute ago, S7CentNickel said:

Help!

SLAVA

 

 

 

DO ITTTTTTTTTTT :Smile_trollface:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[PISD]
Members
92 posts
2,928 battles

There is enough good things about the Ohio that it won’t be “bad” after the captain rework even though it’s secondaries won’t be as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,592 battles

The Paolo does everyone dirty. I guarantee it*.

image.thumb.png.39a29154eb149656c3a9f62e41599860.png

*Message not guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
995
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,553 battles

I love my Paolo (the white cloud of DEATH)

.... but Ohio is good too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,357 posts
19,353 battles

That is a doozy.  The "safe" option between your two options (Ohio and Emilio) would be Ohio.  She seems to be more versatile vs Emilio.  Granted, I'm a Co-Op main and only have one match in Emilio, so take my suggestion however you wish, but I would say Ohio.:Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,279
[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles

What do you enjoy playing more, BBs or DDs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,592 battles

I would also like to reinforce that the amount of adrenaline you can experience is significantly higher in Paolo Emilio than any other ship, if you are an adrenaline junkie. No one gets stressed playing Ohio.

Paolo Emilio, though, stress level 120%.

If this picture gives you anxiety, you should probably not get Paolo Emilio.

image.thumb.png.8007257e167c0f01817a0a8f82b6e51c.png

And yes, all three of them died.

image.thumb.png.f1fa8afdccda9adfaef4fb4b849d6353.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,890 posts
24,769 battles
1 hour ago, S7CentNickel said:

Finally got enough RB Points to get my target, the Ohio, and now I'm getting cold feet.  Talk me off the ledge before I pull the trigger.  When I started this RB journey I was a BB main, but I've gone DD & the Paolo doesn't thrill me.  Help!

Ugh, First World Problems!

I'm a dd main.

Under 10 battles with Ohio.

Dusted her off for Clan Brawls...

Oh my what fun.

Secondaries,  18" pain killers, AA and a pure cap bully in that situation...

Pull that trigger you won't regret it...

BTW I have all T10 but Bourgogne & Shika...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,538
[PVE]
Members
14,736 posts
31,368 battles
9 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Finally got enough RB Points to get my target, the Ohio, and now I'm getting cold feet.  Talk me off the ledge before I pull the trigger.  When I started this RB journey I was a BB main, but I've gone DD & the Paolo doesn't thrill me.  Help!

Ugh, First World Problems!

200.gif

Like ALL secondary BB's it will take it in the cherries in the Capt Skill Rebork but I think it will still be good (as can be). Right now it has become my favorite ship in the game. It is a beast. Makes me weep thinking of how WG will ruin it and so many other ships (and not just secondary BB's) in the coming nightmare they are unleashing on us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,140
[USCC]
Members
3,600 posts
16,733 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Like ALL secondary BB's it will take it in the cherries in the Capt Skill Rebork but I think it will still be good (as can be). Right now it has become my favorite ship in the game. It is a beast. Makes me weep thinking of how WG will ruin it and so many other ships (and not just secondary BB's) in the coming nightmare they are unleashing on us. 

I was watching Notser stream the other day and he was talking about the changes to come, I can't recall exactly what's different about the changes to American vs German BB's, however he did say the American BB's will still have pretty decent secondaries in comparison the German BB's, for some reason they lose out a lot more due to these changes. I think Ohio is not only a great choice now, but will still be top notch even after the changes as her main guns are really the heart of that ship, IMO anyways. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
584
[WOLFG]
Members
800 posts
15,790 battles

I think the Ohio is a great choice. One thing I noticed about mine is the secondaries start lots of fires. Have used my Ohio to do set fire missions before, lol. And that was with using AP on the main guns too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,693
[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
11 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

When I started this RB journey I was a BB main, but I've gone DD & the Paolo doesn't thrill me.  Help!

Ugh, First World Problems!

I ground and ground to have enough FXP to run through the IJN DD line multiple times and get Paolo. (I considered Ohio, but Thunderer does enough of what Ohio does to make me happy and Georgia does the rest.)

Then they announced the removal of Smaland. Guess where the FXP went. :Smile_trollface:

Sometimes life takes the third option. Also, you might want to sit on your research points and wait to see exactly what happens to Ohio before you make up your mind. I know that means not experiencing her in all her full, current glory, but you want to buy for the future; not for a present which will soon be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[WOLF9]
Members
519 posts

I took the plunge & got the OHIO.  I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship, at least I hope so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,693
[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
7 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

I took the plunge & got the OHIO.  I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship, at least I hope so!

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[FOXY]
Members
3,362 posts
8,171 battles
4 hours ago, SpudZero said:

I was watching Notser stream the other day and he was talking about the changes to come, I can't recall exactly what's different about the changes to American vs German BB's, however he did say the American BB's will still have pretty decent secondaries in comparison the German BB's, for some reason they lose out a lot more due to these changes. I think Ohio is not only a great choice now, but will still be top notch even after the changes as her main guns are really the heart of that ship, IMO anyways. lol

I think that has to do with what skills are used? German BBs gain more from more shots hitting the vessel which is why i always run manual secondaries, where as on my american ones i never run Manual Secondaries, i want them to hit the super structure of vessels for fires and penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,839
[WOLFC]
Members
3,385 posts
12,111 battles
21 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I think that has to do with what skills are used? German BBs gain more from more shots hitting the vessel which is why i always run manual secondaries, where as on my american ones i never run Manual Secondaries, i want them to hit the super structure of vessels for fires and penetration.

MA, GA, and OH use an improved secondary dispersion formula, which is also found on the tech-tree German CVs and is second only to GZ. German BBs are stuck with the standard dispersion formula, and the strength of their secondaries is the amount of penetration and volume of fire. The loss of the accuracy bonus from MFCSA thus affects the German ships more severely.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×