You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
371 posts
9,493 battles

This is just my opinion and suggestions for the current Ranked Battles,

First and foremost, we need a system that limit's the " new kid on the block " meaning a player that has never played a Tier VIII as of yet in the game and maybe only has Tier VI ships from buying a Premium Tier VIII ship and then trying to play Ranked Battles with other players that may have or have not ever played in Ranked.

Second, just because a player is at Rank 15 and has 200 battles under his or her belt does not make them a complement to a team in Ranked Battles.

Third, Make a player earn the right and grind to play in Tier VIII or even Tier 9 Ranked Battles. That goes for Clan Battles as well, too many potatoe players.

It get's really discouraging to play Ranked when you win one battle and lose the next 5 because of players.

Thanks

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts
28 minutes ago, Sere_Pj said:

First and foremost, we need a system that limit's the " new kid on the block " meaning a player that has never played a Tier VIII as of yet in the game and maybe only has Tier VI ships from buying a Premium Tier VIII ship and then trying to play Ranked Battles with other players that may have or have not ever played in Ranked.

Second, just because a player is at Rank 15 and has 200 battles under his or her belt does not make them a complement to a team in Ranked Battles.

Third, Make a player earn the right and grind to play in Tier VIII or even Tier 9 Ranked Battles. That goes for Clan Battles as well, too many potatoe players.

It get's really discouraging to play Ranked when you win one battle and lose the next 5 because of players.

Thanks

Granted you win some and you loose some and dry stretches occur.. But a suggestion made because you don't like to loose is never a good suggestion.

Also I have seen players who are the so called new kids on the block that have done better and out performed those who would fall under your "non-new player" criteria.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
371 posts
9,493 battles

@scoots76 Don't get me wrong , there are some good players at the lower Tiers, but i have been here since 2015 Beta and when Ranked started there have been no restrictions on players like there is in Clan Battles. WG just wants the money from these players that purchase a Tier VIII to play. They don't care about the outcome.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles

@Sere_Pj
How does one learn to play ranked, without playing ranked? You remind me of the first job interview, “what experience do you have?” 

You may not want to read this next part. I know you had good intentions posting this, but there are a lot of players playing ranked and progressing the ranks getting matched with the same teams / players you have. The only constant in your experience is you. and that is the type of self reflection that may yield the change that helps you progress in ranked. 

Edited by skillztowin

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts

I understand, but it would be impossible for reasonably justifying a requirement that you must be "X" good in order to access a game function. While basing it only on stats, number of games played and what level ship you grinded up into may sound good, what makes a player good is very subjective and often biased

For example in ranked I have seen players who have higher tier ships act like they own the whole ocean.. They will ram into you, cut you off and so forth. While nice they can aim a gun and can hit a target, pushing people out of there way isn't a good way for playing either. Then there are those battles where dodging torpedoes from players who have enough battles and the ship was a regular thing. They met your suggested ship tier requirement and battles, but they didn't give a rats behind who else was playing... They don't have to watch where they aim, everyone else should go around.

Then there are those tier and number of battle qualified players who hide behind islands, don't support team mates or act like this is a titanfall game of attrition...

Yes we do have loosing streaks sometimes and I have had many a nights where I also was in similar situations. I have also had winning streaks as well. Unfortunately in a random game where you take random people and put them together in a match, you going to (and will most certainly always have) have loosing/winning streaks.

Best suggestion that can be made is trying not to take it so seriously and just have fun.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
371 posts
9,493 battles

My last post on this subject about Ranked, It is a crap shoot. No skill level or battles grinded in ships, just let the player base all the damn ships they want weather or not they know how to play them. While the rest of us suffer the outcome.

• Haha 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,553 battles

IF you have a certain number of battles played, that would help... say ranked is closed to players under 1000 battles...not too high of a bar, but high enough that at least the player has some experience with the game and can't just buy their way in.  

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
4 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

" new kid on the block "

Charge an entry fee, perhaps $ 5.00 per battle. That will thin out the riff raff.

Which are you?

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts

Not stupid enough to pay $5.00 for playing ranked battles because people don't like loosing streaks... Which is basically what this boils down as

Side thoughts - They could tweak the number of battles one needs to play before being allowed to play in ranked, but that doesn't mean the player him/herself would perform better. One would almost have to tweak the way the ranked battles are conducted as a whole, which is what I think WG is trying to do. They could shorten the qualifying rounds and adjust the qualifications accordingly... This way if you make it to the higher league you will be matched with players who made it that far and those who have more drive to keep going.

Unfortunately this may not necessarily resolve the issue either, other factors such as time of year, number of players on the server, time of day will always be a factor. IMHO while I can understand and empathize with those players who are not pleased with having loosing streaks, they need to take a breath and deal with it. You can't win every game and you will always run into dry periods, just like playing the lottery or any other RTS game..

Also be careful what you wish for suggestion wise... suggestions for tweaking the ranked battles in some way so you will win (or increase the chances) is not a very honorable or realistic.