You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

When You Try So Hard In Ranked But Fail--Ignore Rant

17 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Yet another night where I stayed at rank 2 almost 5 hours. Up 2 stars, back 2, up 1 back 1 and so on and so forth. I wish there were harsher penalties for goobers on the team but I know sadly it's hard to balance that. I just give it my all and hate to load into a match and see some idiot without a simple camo or who just goes off and ignores the team to suicide into the enemy. Why can't there be a 15 minute ban from ranked if your entire team reports you for bad play LOL. I know I know, it can't happen but at least penalize the afkr's!!! If you go afk for the first 2 minutes of a ranked match, you get sent to Co-Op for 4 games. 
Pic of my last game of the night. Got to get to bed and handle some work tomorrow, it's almost 2 a.m. here.

Itried.jpg

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
36 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Doesn't seem so "tinfoil hat" now does it?

Kinda does. There are plenty of people who aren't having the same experience. What motive is there to WG for rigging ranked against you, but not other players?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,083 posts

I dont worry about ranked anymore. This new version built by WG has the same flaws as the older version made worse by the new qualification layers between bronze, silver and gold. So they will need to scrap that and try again with another version. In the end that version must allow even the most potato with enough games to rank out.

I dont know how many ranked I played. But I did realized I no longer cared and quit for the time being. Ive got the ships for it all kinds of T10 and 9's but the basic system is [edited].

Edited by xHeavy

Members
0 posts
4 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Kinda does. There are plenty of people who aren't having the same experience. What motive is there to WG for rigging ranked against you, but not other players?

Umm, did you read OP's post? Do they not count as another player? Reading comprehension and stuff. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles

Take this opportunity to just grind out your Tier 9's.  Do you best to get best damage per battle, and hope for the result (ship XP to Tier 10 unlock) for the long game.

We all know that the Ranked modes are a headache from whenever-they-allowed-the-wallet-grind patch.  

Just accept the poop-show games, as they really are.  No expectations = No remorse.

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles

I'm happy with this new version. I may be in the minority but it's less stress for me.  I get to earn steel every week and it's dependent on getting a number of wins, not on achieving certain ranks.  I can eek out wins enough to where when I do, I can decide if I want to push forward to the next league...or not.  For those that want to reach the 'end', that's still there.  For those that want to get steel, it's there.  While the total rewards are less, the steel return is dependable enough for me to not stress out about moving up the ranks.  I do miss the signals and credit discount...

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
5 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I dont worry about ranked anymore. This new version built by WG has the same flaws as the older version made worse by the new qualification layers between bronze, silver and gold. So they will need to scrap that and try again with another version. In the end that version must allow even the most potato with enough games to rank out.

The qualifications are not the problem.  If anything all the ranks need to have the "you cant loose this rank" feature removed. 

However yes there is a flaw in the system of ranked that is the star system itself. More and more I think the entire thing needs to be taken to some ELO system based off of individual players performances also people need to be able to fail  out of leagues. Just like a Clan battle team can fall out of typhoon back into storm. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
52 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Umm, did you read OP's post? Do they not count as another player? Reading comprehension and stuff. 

Have you guys thought about that you may have reached as far as your skill can take you in ranked? 

Beta Testers
1,830 posts
8 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Why can't there be a 15 minute ban from ranked if your entire team reports you for bad play LOL.

has anyone ever received 6 reports in a ranked?

as an aside, and this is in general and not specific to you. Thunderers. I will ignore any person who exhorts how much damage they do in a thunderer and complains about losing. Its a great ship to save a star in, and equally so a terrible ship to support your team to a win in. So many times Ive seen thunderers 20km away from the action, casually farming HE damage at no risk to themselves, while watching their team mates die and all the caps be taken. If one is going to take that ship, one needs to be 8-10km from the front line, where they can hit the DDs spotted and share damage and bully a cap, otherwise they are just contributing to the loss, regardless of big damage numbers.

Members
0 posts
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

Have you guys thought about that you may have reached as far as your skill can take you in ranked? 

But, but, MM doesn't use skill as a factor when assigning teams, isn't that the talking point we're always told? That's not the reason according to WG.

I'm a 56 percent player in randoms and using Musashi with a 19 Yamamoto captain with survivability build. If that's not enough to carry a team, I don't know what is other than a broken FDR CV.

Edited by OuijaApologist

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
12 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

But, but, MM doesn't use skill as a factor when assigning teams, isn't that the talking point we're always told?

Yes I often point this out. 

12 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

I'm a 56 percent player in randoms and using Musashi with a 19 Yamamoto captain with survivability build. If that's not enough to carry a team, I don't know what is other than a broken FDR CV.

Backline snipers have a hard time carrying games, nice for farming damage but poor at trying to control the flow of the game. I  suggest to go to classes that can work up close and participate more in the work on objectives.    I mean you can see my stats.   If your claim of 56% is true then we aren't that far apart. and I ranked out by mostly sticking to gunboat DDs and achieved a 65% wr  and ranked out in 60 games from Bronze 7 to being done my gold qualifiers.    There were quite a number of occasions where we absolutely would have lost had I been in a big BB sniping  rather then controlling the caps and picking favorable times for a gun fight.  Gunboat DDs even with CVs present have more tools to bring to the job.  

IF you want to stick to BBs and you want the sniper  go Thunderer also  why are you picking Musashi over Yamato since you can bring T10s ?  You bringing a Musashi leaves the other side open for a Soyuz or a Georgia  which are both better BBs for close in action. 

Edited by eviltane

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
3 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

Umm, did you read my post that asked why there are plenty of people this isn't happening to and in no way stated or implied you are the only one yo-yoing? Reading comprehension and stuff.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,453 posts
14,532 battles
9 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

Yet another player with a similar experience. 

Why do you insist on playing the rigged mode then?

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

Yes I often point this out. 

Backline snipers have a hard time carrying games, nice for farming damage but poor at trying to control the flow of the game. I  suggest to go to classes that can work up close and participate more in the work on objectives.    I mean you can see my stats.   If your claim of 56% is true then we aren't that far apart. and I ranked out by mostly sticking to gunboat DDs and achieved a 65% wr  and ranked out in 60 games from Bronze 7 to being done my gold qualifiers.    There were quite a number of occasions where we absolutely would have lost had I been in a big BB sniping  rather then controlling the caps and picking favorable times for a gun fight.  Gunboat DDs even with CVs present have more tools to bring to the job.  

IF you want to stick to BBs and you want the sniper  go Thunderer also  why are you picking Musashi over Yamato since you can bring T10s ?  You bringing a Musashi leaves the other side open for a Soyuz or a Georgia  which are both better BBs for close in action. 

As a good DD player, choose DD in Ranked.  You are ensuring you have a good DD player on your team and your chances of success are much higher even if you are giving up that BB slot to a bad BB player.  

The tradeoff may be that you have a better chance of saving your star in a BB.

Edited by ThisIsClassic

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
11 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

Yet another player with a similar experience. 

Yeah, still does, because you're accusing WG of "rigging" your MM, and the OP is not.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
2 hours ago, OuijaApologist said:

I'm a 56 percent player in randoms and using Musashi with a 19 Yamamoto captain with survivability build. If that's not enough to carry a team, I don't know what is other than a broken FDR CV.

There's your problem right there. You think a Musashi or FDR are great carry ships, and have no idea what else might serve.

Whether or not you have the skill to carry is largely irrelevant if your ship isn't equally up to the task.