You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Your Ranked Progress So Far

52 comments in this topic

[MISRY]
Members
1,052 posts
7,672 battles

I just qualified for Gold league. 

78 battles so far. 60% WR. 

Most played ships: Plymouth (22) & Thunderer (16) 

I am liking this iteration more and more, but not loving the rather minimal rewards for the time spent. 

• Boring 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,504 posts
26,109 battles

Stopped playing completely.........  It's just luck of the draw winning; and, tired of stomps. 

Have fun......there simply isn't any real value for the time needed to get paired with a winning team........sucks, being stomped 5 or 6 games in a row.

PS.  Forgot that Carriers make DD play in my Kagero NVA..........spend several matches hiding with cruisers because my 5.4 detect meant nothing......  No carriers and I'd at least try again.  Carriers = NO PLAY.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
30 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I am liking this iteration more and more, but not loving the rather minimal rewards for the time spent. 

Got you just beat. 

Qualified for gold in 60 battles with 65% WR .  I think I could have done it in 50 with 70% WR but the first 2 days I played absolutely awfully. 

I stuck exclusively to DDs with the exception of 1 time i ran the Massachusets. 

T8 was: 

Mostly just Akizuki (15)

T10 was:

Grozovoi  ( 30)  gunboat build no CE.  with a 76%WR 

Halland (7)  torp build. 

I did just unlock the Smaland so for gold I plan on running mostly the Grozovoi Gunboat and Smaland Gunboat  builds.  Especially with these small teams gunboat builds with heals seem to excel because they allow for solid and reliable damage,  while the heals allow you to commit to risky situations over objectives and knife fights with DDs. 

To be frank besides the sprints this is the first time I enjoyed ranked and played it more then 10 games. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
513 posts
27,395 battles

I'm setting for 1600 steel + 1600 dubs in next 4 weeks.   Don't think I will get to gold rank 1.  Took me 82 games in 24 ships for snowflakes....

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

Debating about going for gold or not, been busy, besides the only 100% WR in silver :Smile-_tongue:
image.png.c69e70606cb370556e47e3fcc77aad01.png

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,549 battles
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Are you going to like doing that week after week?

• Cool 2

Members
52 posts
20,234 battles
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Agree it's a  fine game but for the time spent going up and down is Tumultuous

Edited by Richard_Hansen1

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
42 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Are you going to like doing that week after week?

I am sorta looking at this as a possibility. Depending on how gold goes might drop back to Silver.  Its a real nice way to do PVP without impacting random stats.  In the end though I had more time for play with the Holidays going on. So will see how things shake out. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

I am sorta looking at this as a possibility. Depending on how gold goes might drop back to Silver.  Its a real nice way to do PVP without impacting random stats.  In the end though I had more time for play with the Holidays going on. So will see how things shake out. 

Once in Gold you can't fall back to Silver until season's end. It is Gold for you 4 more weeks.

Edited by ArIskandir

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
10 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Once in Gold you can't fall back to Silver until season's end. It is Gold for you 4 more weeks.

Oh wow I Didn’t know that.  Not that I particularly care but it seems rather dumb that you can’t fall back in leagues . 

Members
1,781 posts
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Oh wow I Didn’t know that.  Not that I particularly care but it seems rather dumb that you can’t fall back in leagues . 

Yep, since the whole idea of a ranked system is usually for the rank to somewhat reflect player ability. To this end players would need to be able to progress up AND down the leagues.

I think a lot of people underestimate how much fun they would have if they were for example in silver and paired with mostly players of similar skill level: lots more close games, less blowouts... But WG decided that players can just grind their way to the top, because otherwise people would get mad? I don't get it.

[SRBL]
Members
579 posts
16,179 battles
5 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Just qualified for Gold. 61 battles 65% WR. 42 in Stali 69% WR, 17 in Cossack 61% WR and 1 loss in Georgia. Top damage game was 165K. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,569 battles
4 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Yep, since the whole idea of a ranked system is usually for the rank to somewhat reflect player ability. To this end players would need to be able to progress up AND down the leagues.

I think a lot of people underestimate how much fun they would have if they were for example in silver and paired with mostly players of similar skill level: lots more close games, less blowouts... But WG decided that players can just grind their way to the top, because otherwise people would get mad? I don't get it.

Yeah it really does defeat the purpose of creating ranked leagues like other gaming companies do then letting players secure their ranks through participation trophies. 

i have been thinking about this more and more but in order for ranked to be taken seriously they need to stop the star system entirely and go to an ELO type system. Where wins are discounted and contribution is measured properly . But then WG has spent so many years now purposefully not thinking about how to better track players effectiveness in battle. 

Edited by eviltane

[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles
46 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Yeah it really does defeat the purpose of creating ranked leagues like other gaming companies do then letting players secure their ranks through participation trophies. 

As they are, Leagues are something you subscribe to, not really the concept of league one commonly thinks. Within each League you will find players of any skill level since subscription to one is voluntary, and the only real difference is the level of time commitment required in exchange for increasingly diminutive reward rates. The higher you go, the worse the income/time relation gets.

You know that PvP mode with no stats you talked about in your other thread? I'm using this Ranked system exactly like that, as a competitive system is a joke, for me is more like a social or sports club you subscribe to hang out and do some training.

Having said that, I kinda like it. 

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,305 battles

It took me 90 games at 61% to qualify for gold and used 29 ships (got rid of a lot of snowflakes!). 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,890 posts
24,769 battles

More interested in dockyard and 2 campaigns...

Played a few matches last week got from bronz 10 to 7.

This week played 1 got from bronz 7 to 6....

Maybe when the campaigns are done I'll do more ranked....

Enjoying the games I've played....

Only lost 1....

[FFG33]
Members
38 posts
8,246 battles

Kutsov / Somers with a little Vanezia mixed in. I feel like DDs have the biggest impact, so I choose to go with them. 

[TARP]
Members
145 posts

Bronze rank one, unlocked four tier9 ships, and the last 200k freexp to get alaska, playing two sprints. Granted gave me an excuse to use a bunch of economic signals and camos i’ve been saving while playing, because i do mostly coop anymore and don’t use them there.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,090 posts

I do a bit of ranked here and there, however the joy has gone out of it. Too many games up and down. The last one turned into a really difficult pile of salt from backseat driving one DD from whole team. If they want things done just so (Capture a way over there alone against a carrier ya right...) they can get their own DD's

[DAS]
Members
1,046 posts
11,066 battles

I got to silver, rank 3 with 1 star but then lost my last 15 or so games.

I stopped playing after that.

[-FUN-]
Members
1 post
4,948 battles

I got up Silver really fast this week, but have spent the last two days pulling my hair out in qualification.  Four stars, then back to none, then back to four.  It's just not fun at all.  Why are ranked battles not just putting us in teams against people with similar stats?