Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Yo Yo please stop.....Ranked Pain!!!!

13 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,092 battles

Entire weekend, crawl to 4 and back down to none....

I thought this ranked format was supposed to separate the wheat from the chaff.

TBH I think I blighted myself when up two kills and two caps I told the team I only needed one more win to qualify for gold.

Nothing like trying to win too hard and throwing the game...sigh.

shot-21.01.03_12.42.04-0423.jpg

shot-21.01.03_12.42.09-0245.jpg

shot-21.01.03_12.42.25-0440.jpg

• Boring 3

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles

Well, it totally depends on whether you are the wheat or the chaff which way you are getting separated. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,092 battles
8 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Well, it totally depends on whether you are the wheat or the chaff which way you are getting separated. 

Right now I feel like I'm stuck somewhere in the machine being continuously crushed between the rollers.

This is the fifth time I've gotten/been carried to the fourth star in the last four days. I'm thinking I should just give it a rest and just start back in silver next run. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,710 posts
7,564 battles
2 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Entire weekend, crawl to 4 and back down to none....

I hope you don't mind but I snuck a peek.  You should stay away from your everything but your DDs they are the only ones doing you favors. Maybe not your Harugumo though. 

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles

Good luck in silver. I couldn't generate enough interest to move past bronze. 

Lets go - post your best ranked memes - General Discussions - World of  Warships Official Asia Forums

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

There are people with over 300 battles in ranked, one over 400 (of those with public stats anyway).

Ranked still allows for brute-forcing the odds to progress.  Perhaps a cap on battles / attempts should be looked into.  Not sure how one account can have over 400  battles in 13 days for ranked.  That's 31 battles a day.... about 100hrs worth of ranked in less than 2 weeks.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,092 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

I hope you don't mind but I snuck a peek.  You should stay away from your everything but your DDs they are the only ones doing you favors. Maybe not your Harugumo though. 

I don't know, got bunked back down playing dds because of the amount of cvs.

Hoping Russian bias can see me through, not bad so far.

shot-21.01.03_16.53.12-0424.jpg

shot-21.01.03_16.53.22-0036.jpg

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,092 battles
1 hour ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Good luck in silver. I couldn't generate enough interest to move past bronze. 

Finally, qualified for gold. Hopefully will be more fun than silver.

shot-21.01.03_17.15.16-0271.jpg

shot-21.01.03_17.15.11-0376.jpg

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,548 posts
11,199 battles

Personally I think the issue lies with the 'save a star' . Usually one can tell from the first few minutes if the team will lose or not... and when that happens each person just tries to stop winning the match and just focuses on doing as much damage as possible to be the one person that doesn't lose a star. 

If the team loses, everyone should lose a star. That's how it should be. 

I bet you that if they made that the highest scoring person on the WINNING side won 2 stars, the teams would clusterF! as each person just tries to spam damage. 

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
15,367 battles

I honestly think this was a major falling down on WG part when retooling ranked.  I've always felt random battle wins was a poor way to solely run ranked.  It creates much salt, much anxiety and is not fully representative of skill in the game.  Myself for example managed to get into Silver quals quite quickly this week, and then won my first qualifying match.   After that, I lost something like 8 battles in a row, often the top 2 in my team each time before running off 4 wins in a row that weren't really even close.   While I will fully be responsible for when I tank a match by making a mistake (happens to all of us) I'm not convinced my skill is so bad that I should lose eight in a row and continue to be punished for that. Nor do I think I was solely responsible for 4 easy wins in a row.

I firmly believe battle XP plus win/loss should factor in stars.  Make it two stars for a win and solid performance, one for middle performance on a win and zero for being at the bottom of your team.

Furthermore, the losing team's top 2 should earn one of two stars available while the bottom stay even or lose one.    I think this would stop punishing people from getting the yolo stars, the afks, the 'its just a game' griefers that plague ranked and somehow manage to just spam the battle button and move up by failing on teams that win for them.   We all know it happens and it's rampant.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
3 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Personally I think the issue lies with the 'save a star' . Usually one can tell from the first few minutes if the team will lose or not... and when that happens each person just tries to stop winning the match and just focuses on doing as much damage as possible to be the one person that doesn't lose a star. 

If the team loses, everyone should lose a star. That's how it should be. 

That's how it used to be, and then enough people complained about it not being fair that their team dragged them down, so it was changed.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles
3 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Finally, qualified for gold. Hopefully will be more fun than silver.

Congratulations! Hope you get to rank 1 in gold. 

Dedication Means not until the job is complete. - Dedication | Make a Meme

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this