You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MacArthursPipe

American Battleship suggestion for the Drydock event

7 comments in this topic

[USSAF]
Members
21 posts
2,731 battles

If WG sees its way clear to give us an opportunity to build an American battleship, I would like to see the sister of the Arizona, USS Pennsylvania BB-38, get the nod and finally make her way into the game. If this happens, I think she should be in her post Pearl Harbor configuration as a Tier VIII monster with tons of AA and the same 14 inch primaries as her sister ship. I know her speed would be detrimental, but I also believe she would be a worthy contender at that tier.

Thoughts? 

Edited by MacArthursPipe
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[USAF]
Members
26 posts
1,627 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthursPipe said:

If this happens, I think she should be in her post Pearl Harbor configuration as a Tier VIII monster with tons of AA and the same 14 inch primaries as her sister ship.

I am pretty sure that you are asking for the USS Pennsylvania as a Tier 8 battleship. What if USS Pennsylvania will fight against Montana or Yamato or other Tier 10 or 9 ships?

Edited by alligay

[USN]
Members
1,759 posts
22,054 battles
4 hours ago, MacArthursPipe said:

, I think she should be in her post Pearl Harbor configuration as a Tier VIII monster with tons of AA and the same 14 inch primaries as her sister ship

Her sister is a good T6. The newer California is a T6 with T8 AA and T7 MM. Why would anyone play a much worse Kansas at T8?

[5IN]
Members
153 posts
29,208 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Her sister is a good T6. The newer California is a T6 with T8 AA and T7 MM. Why would anyone play a much worse Kansas at T8?

I agree with the previous comments, a worse Kansas would not be very fun, but a US battleship dockyard event would be great. Maybe consider the USS Washington BB56. Put her at T9 and add better secondaries and/or a reload booster for balance. This would offer a unique play style, and with Massachusetts and Georgia going away the Washington could fill that role. It would be the first "real" ship to get the dockyard treatment, think of all the money to be made. 

I'd also love to see a destroyer dockyard event, maybe one of the upcoming T10 DD's that have been announced? A smaller boat would give an opportunity for more detail, that would be awesome.

Edited by TAM_OH
  • Cool 1

[WHEE]
Members
176 posts
4,284 battles

I think we’re losing sight of one element here: In all four dockyards, the ship you construct is a paper ship that was designed but never built. 

That would make it a significant change for them to have you construct Penny. I hope they put Pennsylvania’s refit in game, but I doubt the dockyard would be the place. If they do choose to do an American BB, it would probably be along the lines of what they did with Florida - a planned design that offers an unusual style of play. 

That being said, my moneys on the next ship being an Italian, French, or Soviet ship, purely for diversity in dockyard ships. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthursPipe said:

If WG sees its way clear to give us an opportunity to build an American battleship, I would like to see the sister of the Arizona, USS Pennsylvania BB-38, get the nod and finally make her way into the game. If this happens, I think she should be in her post Pearl Harbor configuration as a Tier VIII monster with tons of AA and the same 14 inch primaries as her sister ship. I know her speed would be detrimental, but I also believe she would be a worthy contender at that tier.

Thoughts? 

1. Tier 7, not tier 8 - it wouldn't be competitive, period
  2. It belong sin the tech tree, with a REAL American BB split, not the garbage they gave us
  3. I say this, as one who plays CV's - given that tier 6 and 8 carriers have have aircraft ranging from 1940-1944 roughly, and they all have the same MM pool, every ship from tier 5-7 should be in their mid-late war AA outfitting's, other than premium examples like Arizona, Kamikaze, and Oklahoma that are historical to a date (in the cases of Arizona and Oklahoma 12-7-1941 or there abouts).

And keep in mind - I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - I NEED this ship, especially because I love playing Arizona and trolling some of the tier 8's with how the ships armour works. Also the Brooklyn Class Philadelphia to complete the collection of 'ships named for where me and my family are from' (having so far Belfast and Alsace [mostly covers the German part of the family from the region], still haven't gotten a clear answer where in Italy the other part of the family is from). But I would rather see it never added, than shoved in as a premium, let alone shoehorned in to tier 8. It, and basically all the other class name sisters that make up the 5-8 line of a second USN BB branch, should be added as such, and instead of going in to the what the hell branch, unless they fix it, go in to a branch at 9 and 10 of the actual concept of the 'maximum' battleships that the new twig is based off of at the end that even if we dial back on the firepower - has more armour than Yamato to play with and is basically the immovable object to Yamato's unstoppable force. 

• Boring 1

[UNBRI]
Members
36 posts
6,338 battles

Drydock ships are all but confirmed to be paper ships only, because they're being built for the first time in the game.