You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Snowflake tier 10 containers just a few camos

27 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles

Next year 2022 we will get one camo? WG.s policy is pretty much down the hill politics. 

• Cool 5

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,420 posts
28,417 battles

I honestly feel that as a long time player and essentially an investor, due to the amount of microtransactions, I feel like my time and investment isnt rewarded as much as it used to be.

Out of 45 tier 10 containers I think I got 100k free experience, 900 or 1,200 dubloons, 30 days of premium, and a good chunk of flags (500 free experince flags). Though I appreciate free stuff, some of it has lost its value to me. I dont buy premium time anymore because I constantly get it for free through all the different missions, containers, and even being a Verizon customer.  Tons of camos have little value to me anymore. I cant even use them all so I sell them if the bonuses arent super good.

I feel less rewarded as a long time players than if I was new again.

• Cool 4
  • Sad 1

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,653 battles
53 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Next year 2022 we will get one camo? WG.s policy is pretty much down the hill politics. 

I've opened 24 of my 34 tier 10 containers (and however many we earn along the way completing everything out there, so I'd say another 20) - I've gotten 60 days of prem time, 900 doubloons... and the rest have been camo & flags. Definitely reminded me how glad I am that I didn't directly buy any Santa crates!  I am glad that the new Winter Strands camo is nice to look at and has good traits, the Frosty Fir is just awfully garish. 

• Haha 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,423 battles
25 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Though I appreciate free stuff

...it isnt free.

It is compensation for grinding to tier 10.

Just FYI

Carry on.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
5 minutes ago, TheArc said:

..... how glad I am that I didn't directly buy any Santa crates!  .....

^^^ this, so much this ... I just don't need any more signals or camos than what I already added from the free crates.  But I always do appreciate the freebies.

• Cool 3

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,420 posts
28,417 battles
15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...it isnt free.

It is compensation for grinding to tier 10.

Just FYI

Carry on.

Well, it is free. I play the game either way. I dont have to invest any money into it. I just dont want to sound greedy either. WG doesnt have to bend over for me either. 

Either way, the tier 10 compensation just feels lacking at this point. I dont feel like my time invested is equally rewarded. I almost feel like maybe they should design a choice crate that would allow you to pick what's most valuable to between 2 different random rewards. I also would just generally prefer steel, coal, or especially research bureau points as a reward.

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
437 posts
16,134 battles

I am usually good for buying 20-40 in Santa crates each year. This year did not buy a single crate and don’t regret it a bit considering the rewards I have seen in the free crates. 

• Cool 3

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I've gotten 60 days of prem time, 900 doubloons..

Welll ..... you have a great luck. Very good luck! 

• Haha 1

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles
52 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

I am usually good for buying 20-40 in Santa crates each year. This year did not buy a single crate and don’t regret it a bit considering the rewards I have seen in the free crates. 

I remember 2018 I think which was a great Santa Claus  year. Next year was much worse and this is just right to bottom. I think I also bought some 40 crates that 2018 year. 

Power creep also eats great boats to oblivion. Cruisers with 15--16 km range is obsolete and needs pretty much islands and good luck  and good MM. Especially if MM constantly gives to player 2 tier higher opponents. 

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles

WG - I know when I see used car salesman and it is now you WG. 

[CNO]
Members
6,804 posts
20,467 battles
3 hours ago, Finnkax said:

Would you prefer T8 get the gift and T10 get the steel?  T8 is a better bargain.   Be careful what you wish for.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,781 posts
6,935 battles
3 hours ago, Finnkax said:

Why would we expect that?  2020 had the same rewards for Tier Xs as 2019 did.  2018 had steel, which was better.  I think WG thinks higher of the Santa's Gifts than the players do and isn't fully cognizant that they have put the rewards in a state where the Tier VIII and IX rewards are seen as substantially superior to the Tier X rewards by most players.

[GWG]
Members
7,780 posts
14,957 battles

Can we PLEASE go back to getting steel for T10s...   WG Loot boxes SUCK !!!! 

I'd rather get a known value for the effort to get to T10.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,572 posts
13,027 battles
48 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Tier VIII and IX rewards are seen as substantially superior to the Tier X rewards by most players.

What you are you basing this on ? Don't forget most of the people on the forums are good players and are collecting steel they have 15,000 or 20,000 or more in steel that they saved they regrind ship lines play clan battels . But the average player sitting there with 2900 in steel he wants containers another 1750 in steel isn't worth it to him he might want a chance at the ships . Tier 8 I have twice as many ships so I ended up with more steel than last year its a bargain giving steel for tier 8 snowflakes I think .

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
516 posts
27,446 battles

Got 63 free small gift so far (41 from T10), got 1 Ark Royal, rest are

2020_santa.png.a074c7423d02559cd7bbdf07db21f7c2.png

4 big got 7500 coal, 1000 doubloons, 30 Wyvern.

1 mega got 20 New Year Streamers.

Dockyard still got 1 big and 1 mega...

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,653 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Would you prefer T8 get the gift and T10 get the steel?  T8 is a better bargain.   Be careful what you wish for.

Trying to remember, 2 years ago we got a lot of steel for snowflakes, right? 

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Itis WG:s job to get my money I already have aquired ,but terms are not fair for me and usually I am very average person so a lot o ooof persons are now annoyed also! 

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles
40 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Trying to remember, 2 years ago we got a lot of steel for snowflakes, right? 

I even used fxp to get some tier 10 ships because of gifts. 

Beta Testers
1,056 posts
15,739 battles

The rewards were pretty meh for T10 compared to the anniversay super containers. I'd just rather have an option to not grind out stupid snowflakes. Gets boring fast.

Why cant they just give them to us, particularly those of us who have been here a long while?

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,083 battles

I got a few doubloons only. Rest are garbage. My brother got 2 of the short list ships. London and Viribus. He liked these ships so much that he didn't even shoot its ❄️

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,542 posts
18,551 battles

after grinding all the t10 for the Santa crates, i got Orklan

not complaining or anything, free is free

:Smile_playing:

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,594 battles
21 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

not complaining or anything, free is free

You have not paid anything? You get even free electricity? Nice!

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,542 posts
18,551 battles
23 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

You have not paid anything? You get even free electricity? Nice!

:Smile_sceptic: