Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Fiji Spanking an Emerald

13 comments in this topic

Members
6,336 posts

Nothing unusual about this at all.  Fiji has more guns, better shells, and Emerald's made of citadels.  

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,742 posts
30,198 battles

Yeah bad habit I have,  one of many reasons I'd never make a good streamer.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles

Emerald is a death trap.  Lord help you in Randoms in that thing because the moment anyone spots you, everyone stops what they're doing to try and get off salvos against you.  Everybody is hoping for the realistic chance on landing multi-citadel AP salvos against her.  Battleships are hoping for 1-shots.

203mm AP Overmatches the 13mm armor her hull is coated with, so such shells can expect AP Pens at the very least.

I remember long ago in Random Battles my Fiji was nearly dead.  My Repair Party ran out of charges, and an enemy player in his Emerald with tons of HP was after me.  I figured I was done.  Emerald has Repair Party and I had no more.  It also had way more HP remaining.  But when I started firing Fiji's shells, I was getting nonstop Pens and Citadels, and the Emerald was quickly sunk.  I was very surprised by that.  I knew Emerald sucked, but not to such a degree of massive suckage.  I was happy I survived that encounter and won, but I felt bad for the guy... But daddy needs credits and XPs, you know?

Emerald is so bad that I used to run around in DD Gunboats AP Citadeling them with ease.  Gremyaschy, Sims, whatever.  When the RNCL Line was still pretty new, we had this thread celebrating, laughing, crying about how bad Emerald is.

More and more.  Prior tier Danae was just as bad.

If you wanted to be a real a**hole to RNCLs in Random Battles those tiers, you play a DD in stealth, run up to them undetected, and then unload AP at short range.  Nothing they can do about it in time.  I still recall when the Clemson players found out how squishy RNCLs were, they were running around blasting them out of the water.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF7]
Members
1,064 posts
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Emerald is a death trap.  Lord help you in Randoms in that thing because the moment anyone spots you, everyone stops what they're doing to try and get off salvos against you.  Everybody is hoping for the realistic chance on landing multi-citadel AP salvos against her.  Battleships are hoping for 1-shots.

203mm AP Overmatches the 13mm armor her hull is coated with, so such shells can expect AP Pens at the very least.

I remember long ago in Random Battles my Fiji was nearly dead.  My Repair Party ran out of charges, and an enemy player in his Emerald with tons of HP was after me.  I figured I was done.  Emerald has Repair Party and I had no more.  It also had way more HP remaining.  But when I started firing Fiji's shells, I was getting nonstop Pens and Citadels, and the Emerald was quickly sunk.  I was very surprised by that.  I knew Emerald sucked, but not to such a degree of massive suckage.  I was happy I survived that encounter and won, but I felt bad for the guy... But daddy needs credits and XPs, you know?

This is a good video showing how to use Emerald effectively:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles
3 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

This is a good video showing how to use Emerald effectively:

It doesn't matter.  I look at Emerald as a non-threat and nothing but a bag of XPs waiting for the first person to pick up off the ground.

I have zero respect for the ship.

Omaha this same tier is really freaking terrible, too.  Probably worse than Emerald because Emerald at least has agility, smoke, and repair party, things Omaha doesn't have.  Then again both these Cruisers actually have better Citadel protection than the Russian Cruisers this tier.  You can Citadel those RU ones with 203mm SAP, which you can't do against Emerald and Omaha because their Belt Armor is too thick LOL

[WOLF7]
Members
1,064 posts
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It doesn't matter.  I look at Emerald as a non-threat and nothing but a bag of XPs waiting for the first person to pick up off the ground.

I have zero respect for the ship.

Omaha this same tier is really freaking terrible, too.  Probably worse than Emerald because Emerald at least has agility, smoke, and repair party, things Omaha doesn't have.  Then again both these Cruisers actually have better Citadel protection than the Russian Cruisers this tier.  You can Citadel those RU ones with 203mm SAP, which you can't do against Emerald and Omaha because their Belt Armor is too thick LOL

I personally like Emerald. 16 total torpedoes (8 torps per side) are a great advantage in co-op for sinking bots. Treat her like a big destroyer.

I also think she is a good-looking ship and she's historical. HMS Emerald provided fire support during the Normandy landings.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles
1 hour ago, HamAndCheez said:

I personally like Emerald. 16 total torpedoes (8 torps per side) are a great advantage in co-op for sinking bots. Treat her like a big destroyer.

I also think she is a good-looking ship and she's historical. HMS Emerald provided fire support during the Normandy landings.

It's just Tier V for me holds a major distaste that there are A LOT of super-duper squishy Cruisers here.  It gets better in Tier VI and on, but this tier is literally a Cruiser Death Trap.

As a Cruiser Main I quite understand life as a Cruiser isn't easy and can abruptly end with any mistake.  But the Cruisers in Tier V is just a home for far too many easy to crush Cruisers.

Hawkins

Emerald

Omaha (includes the many sisters of this class in this tier, even Murmansk)

Konigsberg

Montecucc

Yahagi

Mikoyan (35mm armor belt), Kotovsky (35mm), and Kirov (50mm armor belt) <- All get Citadeled on the broadside by 203mm SAP

Emile Bertin (16mm armor belt + 16mm citadel torpedo bulkhead)

Whichever.  Even the sturdiest among them, Furry Taco, Genova, and Hawkins aren't much better.

Edit:  I think that's all the Tier V Cruisers available... They all suck.

[WOLF7]
Members
1,064 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's just Tier V for me holds a major distaste that there are A LOT of super-duper squishy Cruisers here.  It gets better in Tier VI and on, but this tier is literally a Cruiser Death Trap.

As a Cruiser Main I quite understand life as a Cruiser isn't easy and can abruptly end with any mistake.  But the Cruisers in Tier V is just a home for far too many easy to crush Cruisers.

Hawkins

Emerald

Omaha (includes the many sisters of this class in this tier, even Murmansk)

Konigsberg

Montecucc

Yahagi

Mikoyan (35mm armor belt), Kotovsky (35mm), and Kirov (50mm armor belt) <- All get Citadeled on the broadside by 203mm SAP

Emile Bertin (16mm armor belt + 16mm citadel torpedo bulkhead)

Whichever.  Even the sturdiest among them, Furry Taco, Genova, and Hawkins aren't much better.

Edit:  I think that's all the Tier V Cruisers available... They all suck.

You forgot one of my personal favorites, Exeter (a true "gudbote"). Also, Krasny Krym, Murmansk, Marblehead, and Genova. Fun fact, Krasny Krym has a waterline belt on her bow that can bounce 14" BB AP rounds.

Sign in to follow this