You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CankedTank

Premium Cruiser: Bayard or De Grasse?

5 comments in this topic

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
146 posts
7,075 battles

Hello everyone,

I am currently working my way up the French cruiser tree, and am currently at tier 8.  I enjoyed the Algerie and am enjoying the Charles Martel.  I'm liking the high speed, MBRB, and the usable torps.  I kind of want a French premium cruiser, especially since I've go the temporary coupons at the moment.  I have lots of other premiums so money-making isn't a big concern for me.  So mostly I'm just wondering which premium cruiser people think is more fun ATM.  Bayard of De Grasse?

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,789 posts
26,689 battles

Bayard. 

De Grasse is decent too but Bayard is a more unique experince. You can use De Grasse in operations though.

One thing you do have to remember is that at Tier 7 your line transitions to heavy cruisers. Thus IFHE doesnt really translate well until Henri. However, it does work for your lower tier cruiser captians.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,196 posts

Keep in mind too that Henri got kicked not once but twice between the rudders. Hard. Henri is a shadow of what it used to be, sadly, due to modes outside random/coop. 

I think having experienced Henri, I would choose Bayard. 

[USN]
Members
1,562 posts
20,781 battles

Bayard will make more credits and is a better XP earner.

However, De Grasse has use in Operations (and she’s pretty good in all T6 ops) while Bayard can only be used in Cherry Blossom, which currently isn’t available.

However, in their Ranked Update video, Cherry Blossom was seen as the op of the week, possibly hinting at its return. Still though, DO NOT BUY a T8 Allied Cruiser (US, UK, Soviet, FR, Commonwealth, EU, Pan-Asian?) on the POSSIBILITY of Cherry Blossom returning.

So if you run the currently active Ops frequently, De Grasse. If not, Bayard.