Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

Can we get a cash refund on the Premiums your ruining with the new Captain skills ???

110 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts

I came to this game for one reason and one reason only and that was the Massachusetts as I have been mesmerize by this ship since I was a child. Hell my Clan is named after it from the Book series I wrote that highlights the Massachusetts, and now with the destruction of its primary play style I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund on you ruining the ships play style that we have enjoyed for years and years.  I've yet to see anyone but the Forum trolls here that kiss the DEV's [edited]on ever post that its a good update. 

  • Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,923
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
1 minute ago, Ocoda said:

I came to this game for one reason and one reason only and that was the Massachusetts as I have been mesmerize by this ship since I was a child. Hell my Clan is named after it from the Book series I wrote that highlights the Massachusetts, and now with the destruction of its primary play style I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund on you ruining the ships play style that we have enjoyed for years and years.  I've yet to see anyone but the Forum trolls here that kiss the DEV's [edited]on ever post that its a good update. 

:Smile_great:Not to mention Georgia,Siegfried,Tirpitz  and many others not to mention the commanders giphy.gif

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
137 posts
16,541 battles

Just email them and request an account rollback. Let us know how it goes.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
11 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund

You are not and you agreed that you are not, when you clicked the buy button.

In addition, when you created your account, you agreed to the TOS and EULA. These state that WG can change their digital items at any time, (which includes premium ships).

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
Just now, Burnsy said:

You are not and you agreed that you are not, when you clicked the buy button.

and they stated they wouldn't change premiums ..... well how did they keep their word on that go with the player base?

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

If you actually wrote a “Book series” then I feel sorry for your editor.

I'm sure your book series is well written then.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
8 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

and they stated they wouldn't change premiums ..... well how did they keep their word on that go with the player base?

The EULA that you agreed to when you created you account (and again when you purchase ships in the premium store), states that WG can change any digital item they own, in any way they choose.

WG tends to avoid messing with premiums, of their own choice, but they are not officially "protected".  In fact there have been many instances that have already happened, in which premium ships have been changed, via global ship or global game mechanic changes.

In other instances, premium ships have been changed directly, by ship name, in patch notes.

This isn't new and certainly not the first time. 

  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

The EULA that you agreed to when you created you account, states that WG can change any digital item, in any way they choose.

WG tends to avoid messing with premiums, of their choice, but they are not "protected".  In fact there have been many instances that have already happened, in which premium ships have been changed, via global ship or global game mechanic changes.

This isn't new.

And the last time i posted something about a refund, which was the Santa crates guess what happened they gave in. Now I'm not conceded enough to think my post alone made them offer that olive branch but the majority of players agreed that it was the wrong thing to do and they recanted. So unless your in agreement with the Devs then why argue against this? if you want them to rethink the new Captains skills then hit em where it hurts the wallet.

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
3 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

And the last time i posted something about a refund, which was the Santa crates guess what happened they gave in. Now I'm not conceded enough to think my post alone made them offer that olive branch but the majority of players agreed that it was the wrong thing to do and they recanted. So unless your in agreement with the Devs then why argue against this? if you want them to rethink the new Captains skills then hit em where it hurts the wallet.

I am not against it.  If WG wants to do it, awesome. I hope they do it for you.

You are not "owed" or "entitled" to it though.  Asking for something vs demanding something, because you are "entitled", are massively different.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I am not against it.  If WG wants to do it, awesome, I hope they do it for you.

You are not "owed" or "entitled" to it though.  Asking for something vs demanding something, because you are "entitled", are massively different.

so did I demand ? I'm pretty sure I asked can we get a cash refund... right ? the title of this post is Can we ? right?

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,873
[ARGSY]
Members
24,537 posts
18,553 battles
16 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

and they stated they wouldn't change premiums

IIRC they stated that as a general rule they wouldn't apply specific nerfs to individual premium ships, but that premium ships were as vulnerable as tech-tree ones to global changes made to ship types or to the game as a whole. 

 

Taking secondary-build ships as an example, since you kicked off with Massachusetts: I paid money/dubs for Scharnhorst and Odin, coal for Georgia, and ground to Bismarck expecting all of them to have a particular playstyle (to which I have become accustomed). Now that playstyle is going to change, and I will have to think very carefully about how that might change the way I play them.

Would I be in a better situation if the skill rework were scrapped? Maybe, maybe not - the flexibility it stands to give me with regard to captain builds and cross-deck assignments in my premium ships might be more than enough to outweigh the hit some of those ships are going to take in their pre-rework capabilities.

 

I can either fly into a rage or rise to the challenge. I prefer the latter approach.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
7 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

so did I demand ? I'm pretty sure I asked can we get a cash refund... right ? the title of this post is Can we ? right?

You said that you feel that you are entitled to cash refund in the first post of this thread. The point of my response is that, you are not entitled to a refund.

If WG chooses of their account to do something though, that's cool, but it's up to them and it is not owed.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

You said that you feel that you are entitled to cash refund in the first post of this thread. The point of my response is that, you are not entitled to a refund.

If WG chooses of their account to do something though, that's cool, but it's up to them and it is not owed.

the statement was as written "I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund"  The phrase Should be is not a demand its a statement of my belief and want. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
6 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

the statement was as written "I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund"

You are not.

I am in the same boat (<--lulz).  I have purchased access to every single possible secondary based premium battleship, that they have ever sold.

If they want to change them for the better after these skill changes, that is certainly fine by me. I am not in any way though, entitled to a refund of my money.

Good luck with your request.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
629 posts
12,602 battles
16 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

And the last time i posted something about a refund, which was the Santa crates guess what happened they gave in. Now I'm not conceded enough to think my post alone made them offer that olive branch but the majority of players agreed that it was the wrong thing to do and they recanted. So unless your in agreement with the Devs then why argue against this? if you want them to rethink the new Captains skills then hit em where it hurts the wallet.

Are you sure you're not conceited enough?

  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

You are not.

I am in the same boat (<--lulz).  I own every single possible secondary based premium battleship that they have ever sold. If they want to change them for the better after these skill changes, that is certainty fine by me, but I am not in any way, entitled to a refund of my money.

Good luck with your request.

and in the past when they are overwhelmed with the player base screaming at them like the Graf Zeppelin and the CV's rework they did in fact pay back cash to players that bitched and complained. I've only paid for 2 ships cash that's the Mass and Scharn, so I'm waving my flag to pay us cash or leave the secondaries alone 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[PLDN]
Members
307 posts
1 minute ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Are you sure you're not conceited enough?

i'll work on it, just for you though. don't like to disappoint my Forum trolls

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
629 posts
12,602 battles
Just now, Ocoda said:

i'll work on it, just for you though. don't like to disappoint my Forum trolls

 

Sorry. I couldn’t help it. Grammar totalitarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
11 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

and in the past when they are overwhelmed with the player base screaming at them like the Graf Zeppelin and the CV's rework they did in fact pay back cash to players that bitched and complained. I've only paid for 2 ships cash that's the Mass and Scharn, so I'm waving my flag to pay us cash or leave the secondaries alone 

They did not do a cash refund for the CV rework.  They did an option in store credit refund (doubloons), because the entire play style of them went from a top down RTS video game, to a first person shooter video game.  It wasn't just a change to ship specs, it became a completely different video game.

At any rate, if they even consider this request (which I doubt they will), it will very likely be for a refund in credit only.  Outside of their "you play it you bought it" window, WG has never done a mass cash refund for premium ships that I am aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[CO-OP]
Members
3,471 posts
30,254 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC they stated that as a general rule they wouldn't apply specific nerfs to individual premium ships, but that premium ships were as vulnerable as tech-tree ones to global changes made to ship types or to the game as a whole. 

 

Taking secondary-build ships as an example, since you kicked off with Massachusetts: I paid money/dubs for Scharnhorst and Odin, coal for Georgia, and ground to Bismarck expecting all of them to have a particular playstyle (to which I have become accustomed). Now that playstyle is going to change, and I will have to think very carefully about how that might change the way I play them.

Would I be in a better situation if the skill rework were scrapped? Maybe, maybe not - the flexibility it stands to give me with regard to captain builds and cross-deck assignments in my premium ships might be more than enough to outweigh the hit some of those ships are going to take in their pre-rework capabilities.

 

I can either fly into a rage or rise to the challenge. I prefer the latter approach.

That is how I remember it.  Global mechanic changes are considered nerfing premiums.  There was the furor over open water stealth fire and the Blyskowica.

To the OP you can request a refund, but it won't be a cash refund (probably doubloons.)  The problem is that since you have used it, this might be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,564
[REVY]
Members
8,422 posts
6,118 battles
47 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

I came to this game for one reason and one reason only and that was the Massachusetts as I have been mesmerize by this ship since I was a child. Hell my Clan is named after it from the Book series I wrote that highlights the Massachusetts, and now with the destruction of its primary play style I believe we as the players should be entitled to a cash refund on you ruining the ships play style that we have enjoyed for years and years.  I've yet to see anyone but the Forum trolls here that kiss the DEV's [edited]on ever post that its a good update. 

I have an Atlanta with 0 Battles in it, can I get a refund for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,064
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,269 posts
4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I have an Atlanta with 0 Battles in it, can I get a refund for it?

Their policy is usually, "You played it in a battle so now it is yours".  I don't know if there is also a time limit in the policy.  There probably is, but if there isn't, you might actually qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,873
[ARGSY]
Members
24,537 posts
18,553 battles
4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I have an Atlanta with 0 Battles in it, can I get a refund for it?

They stated outright that they would essentially be baking the range aspect of AFT into the hull once the rework goes live. You might want to reconsider your refund request in that light. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×