Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dark_Power

Minotaur - Useless AA?

5 comments in this topic

[-WD-]
Beta Testers
44 posts
2,631 battles

I used to play this ship often but find it frustrating. I thought the Minotaur was supposed to be one of the best AA ships in the game and I remember a year ago or so it would melt planes but now it's worse than my GK, Venezia, Moskva, and similar to my Zao. I have the Massive AA fire and AFT captain skills as well. There were several months I had taken a break from this game earlier this year, was something reworked or was this ship severely nerfed?

An example of it's current effectiveness is a full squadron of planes flying over my ship, bombing me, and flying away while I shoot down.... 1 plane. Another squadron attack and I get to shoot down... 1, maybe 2 planes tops. 

Can anyone else with the Minotaur attest to this? 

[PVE]
Members
7,826 posts
23,766 battles
2 hours ago, Dark_Power said:

I used to play this ship often but find it frustrating. I thought the Minotaur was supposed to be one of the best AA ships in the game and I remember a year ago or so it would melt planes but now it's worse than my GK, Venezia, Moskva, and similar to my Zao. I have the Massive AA fire and AFT captain skills as well. There were several months I had taken a break from this game earlier this year, was something reworked or was this ship severely nerfed?

An example of it's current effectiveness is a full squadron of planes flying over my ship, bombing me, and flying away while I shoot down.... 1 plane. Another squadron attack and I get to shoot down... 1, maybe 2 planes tops. 

You must have been gone longer than that...the CV rework was almost 2 years ago.

All AA was nerfed compared to before that & 1 or 2 planes is the standard for most AA boats nowadays unless the CV is attacking somebody else & you get it unawares while it's doing that.

BTW...the Massive AA is actually a huge nerf to the unselected sector so unless you keep the planes in the selected sector your AA is actually hugely nerfed while using it.

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
3 hours ago, Dark_Power said:

Useless AA ? YES

[-WD-]
Beta Testers
44 posts
2,631 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You must have been gone longer than that...the CV rework was almost 2 years ago.

All AA was nerfed compared to before that & 1 or 2 planes is the standard for most AA boats nowadays unless the CV is attacking somebody else & you get it unawares while it's doing that.

BTW...the Massive AA is actually a huge nerf to the unselected sector so unless you keep the planes in the selected sector your AA is actually hugely nerfed while using it.

Good to know. Yes, there were a couple times I was gone for longer periods of time I probably did miss the CV rework. I just find the AA very inconsistent, ships that used to have terrible AA are outperforming the Minotaur.

[X-PN]
Members
15 posts
8,309 battles

You still have really good continuous (so long as the planes are in your mid range aa)

Sadly most of your AA  rating comes from flak, and while you do put up quite a lot, flak is easily avoided. 

AKA the same issue most other surface ships have.

Sign in to follow this