You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

First Solo Warrior in a WHAT?

20 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,290 battles

My words exactly! I happen to be one on those strange Guys who like the Krasny Krym. It turns tight and starts fires pretty good. It also is a good DD killer. As long as I have been playing I have never scored a solo Warrior and I don't feel I deserve this one is all I did was run like a rabbit after we had all 3 caps and a point lead. Ran the clock out and it said I won a Solo Warrior. My Jaw dropped and I laughed for 5 minutes. Go Figure. Good Luck guys. 

Edited by GSXstage1
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,753 posts
5,999 battles
11 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

My words exactly! I happen to be one on those strange Guys who like the Krasny Krym. It turns tight and starts fires pretty good. It also is a good DD killer. As long as I have been playing I have never scored a solo Warrior and I don't feel I deserve this one is all I did was run like a rabbit after we had all 3 caps and a point lead. Ran the clock out and it said I won a Solo Warrior. My Jaw dropped and I laughed for 5 minutes. Go Figure. Good Luck guys. 

Knowing that you needed to run like a rabbit instead of trying to win harder means you deserved it.

(Not deserving it is how I got my first, a toddler throwing a tantrum forced me to abandon my Kongo just after setting course and before any enemy was spotted.  Came back an hour later to see the victory screen including a Solo Warrior for my AFK, never fired a shot, Kongo.  I assume we went up on points and my Kongo had driven itself into a corner the enemy couldn't get in time.)

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,228 posts
17,212 battles

My only Solo Warrior is in Kongo, back when I would still see natural (no fail-divi) T3's with her.  :Smile_Default::Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I have only managed one Solo Warrior, but have witnessed multiple AFK players get it. So anyway other than being AFK and lucky is ok in my book lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,868 posts
14,882 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Knowing that you needed to run like a rabbit instead of trying to win harder means you deserved it.

This, knowing when to attack and when not to is the key to everything in doing well in any game.

My single Solo Warrior doesn't show in my stats because I did it on the PT and that is what I did after dusting off the one ship I was in combat with, I ran like a scared puppy.

[DRY]
Members
186 posts

My only solo warrior was in Black Swan. If I'm not mistaken.. my one and only game with Black Swan. Turns out that kind of match yields enough xp to move on to tier 2.

[WOLF1]
Members
122 posts
5,976 battles

Yuro has a good video on youtube on the Krym. Basically great range, decent fire chance, lots of guns, use islands to hide. Its basically a T5 Atlanta. Its just difficult to do right 

Edited by JTninja

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

(Not deserving it is how I got my first, a toddler throwing a tantrum forced me to abandon my Kongo just after setting course and before any enemy was spotted.  Came back an hour later to see the victory screen including a Solo Warrior for my AFK, never fired a shot, Kongo.  I assume we went up on points and my Kongo had driven itself into a corner the enemy couldn't get in time.)

Well, mine wasn’t much better...

Old T6 Cleveland on Standard Battle Neighbors.

Oh, I’ll just follow that battleship around from the west to the south-east.

A wild destroyer appears!

(I shoot... One hit.)

The battleship and the destroyer both die in some manner I can’t for the life of me recall.

The remained of the team is getting beaten up in the north-west corner of the map.

For some reason, I decided the enemy cap was the place to be, so I went there.

Sitting, moving a bit, capping, rest of team dies.

NOW the Reds realize what’s happening, but none of them are close enough to do anything. Even mob capping my team’s base would do no good.

In desperation, their Ryujo tries to air strike me, but a Ryujo versus an undamaged Cleveland? (T6 or not.) That didn’t end well, though I think I did get hit by a bomb.

Victory jingle, first Solo Warrior.

For one hit, and twelve planes shot down.

Would have loved to be able to read the Red’s chat in that last few minutes of the game.

They had it wrapped up...

...except for that Cleveland they apparently forgot about.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,282 posts
6,118 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

I only remember my 2nd one because I was rammed by a New York Battleship.  I wished I saved the replay, but I didn't know how to do it back on New Years day of 2016.  I was in a Kongo.  My team got wiped, but I was in position to cap the enemy base, but that's when I was ambushed by a New York from behind a rock.  He rammed me, but was not able to kill me, leaving me free to cap and win the game.  I remember the enemy team was like "gg" and I was like "it's ain't over till it's over".  The best they could do was shoot blindly into the cap in defiance.

worldofwarships 2016-01-01 20-14-07-57.jpg

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,856 posts
23,816 battles

My only 2 solo Warriors were base caps in Shininome & Z-52 after team distracted & reset the remaining reds enough while trying to cap our base (the Z had 6 ships left...lol. Notable quote was, "GG...we lose" from 1 of the reds to his team after my last teammate died).

Something else that's only happened twice is a ship drop in a super container for me (over 20k battles before the 1st 1...& it was the Krispy Kreme. The other was a mid tier IJN DD I forget the name of right now).

I never ran either of them (was concentrating on tree grinds) but I've since heard the Kreme is basically a Svetlana clone(ish) & I loved the Svetlana...almost as much as my Kuma...which is my 3rd most run ship even though I haven't played it since T4 missions went away.

BTW...grats OP :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Beta Testers
102 posts
13,905 battles

One I think, in the Ashitaka. But the Krispy Kreme is one of those ships I should hate, but oddly love.

[INTEL]
Members
3,456 posts
19,103 battles

Congratulations! Especially in a Krym.  Solo Warrior battles are among the best and most memorable battles in the game.

My first one was in Hindenburg and the latest one in T-61. 

[SIT]
Members
81 posts
6,261 battles

I have only had 1 solo warrior but it was legit awesome. I was in a Nagato. The enemy was stripped of a sure win by some serious luck. One team mate and I were left, enemy had us by a ship load of points. We were surrounded, both almost dead in open water. Team mate gets blapped. 3 enemies left, 1 in front, and one on either side all within 10 KM. Light cruiser on the right takes a citadel hit and dies from about half health  in one shot. DD in front of me takes next salvo and dies. 1 ship left, and I am going down with 1 hit for sure. BAM got the 3rd ship just as time was running out with like 5 seconds left in the match. We win! Believe i got 4 compliments.

I saved the replay but didn't screen capture it, and it was back in august. It wont play anymore.

Edited by Ariochaotik

[INTEL]
Members
3,456 posts
19,103 battles
20 minutes ago, Ariochaotik said:

I have only had 1 solo warrior but it was legit awesome. I was in a Nagato. The enemy was stripped of a sure win by some serious luck. One team mate and I were left, enemy had us by a ship load of points. We were surrounded, both almost dead in open water. Team mate gets blapped. 3 enemies left, 1 in front, and one on either side all within 10 KM. Light cruiser on the right takes a citadel hit and dies from about half health  in one shot. DD in front of me takes next salvo and dies. 1 ship left, and I am going down with 1 hit for sure. BAM got the 3rd ship just as time was running out with like 5 seconds left in the match. We win! Believe i got 4 compliments.

I saved the replay but didn't screen capture it, and it was back in august. It wont play anymore.

Try uploading it here.  I can't remember if the site supports older replays.

https://replayswows.com/

• Cool 1

Members
2,377 posts
52 battles
12 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

As long as I have been playing I have never scored a solo Warrior and I don't feel I deserve this one is all I did was run like a rabbit after we had all 3 caps and a point lead. Ran the clock out and it said I won a Solo Warrior.

This is actually how most solo warriors are earned. You need a team that gets a huge point lead at the beginning of the match and then attempts to throw, all dying in the process. Even in the most broken ships in the game being able to straight up outfight 4+ enemy ships on your own in a short timeframe is a nigh impossible task.

You recognized what it took to secure the win and acted accordingly. There is no shame in that.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1