Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

This forum is absolute mayhem(updated with Naval racing)

18 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

I am enjoying the heck out of it!

It is almost like playing the forums is more fun like the game itself.

At least I am getting my monies worth.

Stay safe boys and girls.

My apologies late edit. 

There is a sailing race around the globe called Vendee Globe 2020, run every four years. This is a SOLO race.

Amazing sailors, doing amazing things. The one and only way to social distance. Takes about 80 days to sail around the world in a boat that likes to go fast.

First link please take note of the buttons on the East side of the screen. Especially  weather forecast, wave height and temps (summer in Southern hemisphere give you a good perspective)

Tracking map - Vendée Globe - En

Here is a few examples of the foils they are running, good stuff indeed.

Vendee Globe 2020 and the insane IMOCA 60 foiling yachts - YouTube

This was from 2016 race(going into 2017)

VENDEE GLOBE - KERGUELEN - YouTube

Respect!!!

Edited by Learux

[TIGRB]
Members
939 posts
17,308 battles
4 minutes ago, Learux said:

At least I am getting my monies worth.

Stay safe boys and girls.

Thanks Mom, You too!

[CLUMP]
Members
1,534 posts
2,216 battles

rHx77Wi.gif

Should stay tune to see pro CV and anti CV fun on forums :Smile_teethhappy:

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
4 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

rHx77Wi.gif

Should stay tune to see pro CV and anti CV fun on forums :Smile_teethhappy:

Did you actually read it, the Vendee Globe is an amazing race that anyone remote interested in naval activities should enjoy.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,534 posts
2,216 battles
3 minutes ago, Learux said:

Did you actually read it, the Vendee Globe is an amazing race that anyone remote interested in naval activities should enjoy.

No, I read only the top part I was unware about yachting thing on the bottom interesting :fish_book:  

Edited by LastRemnant

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Thanks, these boats are absolute organized mayhem(hence the topic). Race them go faster until it breaks, redesign go faster until it breaks.

This is F1 on the ocean.

Don't kid yourself, this is not for little boys.

Volvo Ocean Race, Team Brunel drone launch - YouTube

Different type of race but you get the idea.

Edited by Learux

[T-D-M]
Members
68 posts
18,501 battles
25 minutes ago, Learux said:

Don't kid yourself, this is not for little boys.

Indeed, that’s why six lady skippers are racing this year. ;)

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
2 hours ago, Learux said:

Did you actually read it? You preambled it w/a retarded "I like trolling on the forums" intro...do you really expect anybody to care about whatever you have to say after that considering 98% of your posts are trolling & derailing their threads?

Interesting as the boat race may be...the messenger derailed his own post just by being who/what he is.

• Funny 1

[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,400 posts
13,260 battles

5 hours ago, Learux said:

I think there are several others that feel the same about the forum just by looking at post counts vs battles played lol.

Members
4,154 posts
44,248 battles

You want a race?

Try going down a hill with no brakes.

It gets the heart racing.

Then there is that time I did a Speed Racer spin in my Firebird at 65 mph in the rain and not wreck or die. But my co-worker screamed while I was just laughing the whole time. Because it was either going to be really bad and you might as well be laughing before you go or it was going to be epic and you live to tell about it.

Hydroplaning is no joke. I believe it is 67 mph that water will make most cars and light trucks hydroplane in a downpour.

You have to have a really heavy vehicle to displace water at highway speeds.

Driving over water is dangerous. Driving at night can be too if you can't see everything and can't react to an obstacle quick enough.

When riding a bike as a kid, I would get injured in ways that today would make doctors freak out. But luck was on my side. Because today, a helmet will keep you alive and while you may not look fashionable wearing All that padding, a bone break lasts forever.

Safety first.

Members
4,154 posts
44,248 battles
3 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I think there are several others that feel the same about the forum just by looking at post counts vs battles played lol.

WG won't post flatulence emitted even though some players voluntarily submitted their numbers and update them, occasionally.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Hydroplaning is no joke. I believe it is 67 mph that water will make most cars and light trucks hydroplane in a downpour.

Found this on the web:

image.png.88e9aa3582541391be5ee9d23806cac9.png 

The wikipedia article makes it clear that this is more a rule of thumb than an absolute law, so take the appropriate grain of salt with this meal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaplaning 

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Did you actually read it? You preambled it w/a retarded "I like trolling on the forums" intro...do you really expect anybody to care about whatever you have to say after that considering 98% of your posts are trolling & derailing their threads?

Interesting as the boat race may be...the messenger derailed his own post just by being who/what he is.

I have been vocal about CVs and will be until the interaction is fixed.

Spewing blatant lies is not good practice.

98% of my posts is on topic and relevant to the discussion, if you disagree what people have to say maybe a forum is not for you.

Carry on.

Members
4,154 posts
44,248 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Found this on the web:

image.png.88e9aa3582541391be5ee9d23806cac9.png 

The wikipedia article makes it clear that this is more a rule of thumb than an absolute law, so take the appropriate grain of salt with this meal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaplaning 

Good to know. But since the incident. I got rid of the white firebird because I think someone up there thought it would be funny to prank me ala Speed Racer. Apparently the show is widely popular up there. They probably get all the good channels :) and no bill. 

As a rule now, no matter the car, I slow down to reasonable speed for visibility and that is usually well below highway posted limit. In most cases a big downpour is about 40-45 mph with hazard lights on as visibility is really bad in these parts when it rains like that.

I also make sure I have good tires for the task and maintain their tread and pressure. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,846 posts
4,771 battles
9 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

a helmet will keep you alive

ALWAYS wear a helmet on your bike.  I've seen it save lives.

Especially with good tires, I love to do a drift turn in the wet.  Freaks everyone out.  [<- In a car; on a bike it's called a crash.]

Members
4,154 posts
44,248 battles
19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

ALWAYS wear a helmet on your bike.  I've seen it save lives.

Especially with good tires, I love to do a drift turn in the wet.  Freaks everyone out.  [<- In a car; on a bike it's called a crash.]

I have done a drift on the firebird. A few times in wet weather on corners or in a parking lot I would do them for fun. But that parking lot would be empty and I had to put cones out or the cops would think I was messing around.

Oddly, just buying safety cones and placing them about an empty parking lot quite often gets you out of trouble. LOL

Sign in to follow this