Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tasmon

Alaska Black Mission

10 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
4 posts
10,315 battles

So I have been patiently waiting for the mission that came with the Alaska Black to be fixed. You see Wargaming gives a mission with it, for 2500 doubloons and 100,000 free exp after you win with the ship in 5 matches. The problem is they give a mission for the "Alaska" not the "Alaska B" so any win I get, does not count. I figured they would fix it yet weeks have now went by and it is still not fixed. The customer support wants all kinds of info like credit card number, date and time of purchase and the cost... Not sure why ANY of this has any bearing on it, and I don't feel like figuring out what card I have linked to the account, and digging through bank statements for the week of black friday to figure any of this out. Please just fix the damn mission for any of us that bought the Alaska B ........

[SVF]
Members
1,806 posts
2,335 battles
1 minute ago, Tasmon said:

So I have been patiently waiting for the mission that came with the Alaska Black to be fixed. You see Wargaming gives a mission with it, for 2500 doubloons and 100,000 free exp after you win with the ship in 5 matches. The problem is they give a mission for the "Alaska" not the "Alaska B" so any win I get, does not count. I figured they would fix it yet weeks have now went by and it is still not fixed. The customer support wants all kinds of info like credit card number, date and time of purchase and the cost... Not sure why ANY of this has any bearing on it, and I don't feel like figuring out what card I have linked to the account, and digging through bank statements for the week of black friday to figure any of this out. Please just fix the damn mission for any of us that bought the Alaska B ........

The missions that Black Friday ships come with have always been meant for completion by their normal counterparts, a bit of compensation for purchasing an effective copy of a ship.  It's working correctly, not broken.

Members
802 posts
12,909 battles

Umm, it's not broken and there is nothing to fix. That was the intentional design, so please hold your breath until it changes.

[LANCE]
Members
4 posts
10,315 battles

Thanks for the Info, I will be sure to never again buy a black Friday ship again, as to me it seemed you got a mission you could do with the ship.... could care less if it's black or not.

• Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,661 posts
27,384 battles
2 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Umm, it's not broken and there is nothing to fix. That was the intentional design, so please hold your breath until it changes.

Yeah, the language explaining it is there; but like many things WG does; it’s (by omission or commission) so poorly communicated it’s no wonder this comes up every year...

Members
802 posts
12,909 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, the language explaining it is there; but like many things WG does; it’s (by omission or commission) so poorly communicated it’s no wonder this comes up every year...

I can agree with that but I can't agree with those that fail to read or as one forumite put it "make it easier for the casual reader". How do you make it through life just being casual?

• Thanks 1

Members
805 posts
12,619 battles

Some people would buy black Friday crates for a ship they want but end up getting the black version of a premium ship they already have, that's the situation these missions are designed for.

[RLGN]
Members
15,661 posts
27,384 battles
1 minute ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I can agree with that but I can't agree with those that fail to read or as one forumite put it "make it easier for the casual reader". How do you make it through life just being casual?

That some manage to do so, and that others take advantage of such, (not just WG,) is likely why various things are so messed up right now.

Members
802 posts
12,909 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That some manage to do so, and that others take advantage of such, (not just WG,) is likely why various things are so messed up right now.

I can agree with that also.

Members
4,098 posts
44,150 battles
3 hours ago, Tasmon said:

Thanks for the Info, I will be sure to never again buy a black Friday ship again, as to me it seemed you got a mission you could do with the ship.... could care less if it's black or not.

If the Alaska is available in the armory, you can get it and complete the mission if you want.

It's just that the wording was specific. Buy the Alaska Black bundle and get a mission for the Alaska. Then they outlined what came with the mission.

In no way was the wording implying that the mission was meant for the ship you bought if read carefully.

It's true, working as intended.

But if you can get the regular Alaska, then the mission will essentially be available to you still.

It will apply the very moment you get Alaska.

But just in case, make sure you contact customer service that you have a mission and you now can use it. Because updates can drop the mission by accident.

I am sorry this happened to you, but in my experience, you want to read any offer be it WG or any gaming company carefully for stipulations. It's always in the wording.

This was a painfully obvious one, but veteran players saw it a mile away.

But players new to the game will have a tough time spotting this.

You have my sympathies.

I hope it all works out eventually.

Sign in to follow this