You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shinytrashcan

state of the playerbase (symbolic picture)

10 comments in this topic

[TIMT]
Members
1,404 posts
4,940 battles

image.thumb.png.5b0eaf50ee74350c2d6c2fb3ed031ee4.png

I mean, what is up with all these bad players lately? This lineup wasn't even the worst I had in the last days, yet still half my team has less than 45% WR, and a third of the red team as well. Further, the best player on the red team had only 52% WR. If this represents the majority of players, then you can't even blame MM as on paper the teams are roughly equally bad.

If this is how the current playerbase, the numbers of players don't matter because the games are so onesided and stupid it doesn't matter anyway. Furthermore, the POS that is MvR just dumpstered our BBs anyway.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

PS: Before people ask, I usually don't use MM monitor, but every once in a while I start it up mid game because stuff is so bad/weird or I am just curious. Lately though it is just depressing.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
802 posts
12,909 battles

You're not the only one, I see that almost every game. I see more players though that have less than 500 games, some less than 100.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
928 posts
1,903 battles
13 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

I mean, what is up with all these bad players lately? This lineup wasn't even the worst I had in the last days, yet still half my team has less than 45% WR, and a third of the red team as well. Further, the best player on the red team had only 52% WR. If this represents the majority of players, then you can't even blame MM as on paper the teams are roughly equally bad.

If this is how the current playerbase, the numbers of players don't matter because the games are so onesided and stupid it doesn't matter anyway. Furthermore, the POS that is MvR just dumpstered our BBs anyway.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

PS: Before people ask, I usually don't use MM monitor, but every once in a while I start it up mid game because stuff is so bad/weird or I am just curious. Lately though it is just depressing.

Sorry. Still learning the game even after 700 battles. WR is not everything though. I have had many good games that were losses 

[FORM]
Members
2,227 posts
13,258 battles

There are a lot more newer and less skilled players over the last few weeks. I chalk it up to the Verizon deal, the free game availability and covid meaning more people are home. I'm finding by passing even more patient it works out ok, and I'm doing a bit more coaching than normal... I'm always trying to be making suggestions rather than critical or bossy. Sometimes I fail at that ;)

[TIMT]
Members
1,404 posts
4,940 battles
21 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

You're not the only one, I see that almost every game. I see more players though that have less than 500 games, some less than 100.

That is something I would have expected, but looking at the numbers in this example there are very few players (3 out of 24) with less than a thousand games, and some of the not-so-average players have even more than 10k games.

I agree that WR at sub 1000 games, and even for a good deal afterwards is not really indicative since the learning curve is quite steep. But after 10k+ battles I would have thought that a player has picked up something along the way even if they didn't plan to do so. All else I can almost only explain with a willful inability to learn?

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
15,949 battles
44 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

I mean, what is up with all these bad players lately? 

‘A ually that’s about 5% better than when I gave up shortly after the CV rework.

[NSEW]
Members
468 posts
4,155 battles

Sorry for asking this but I'm one of those scrubs you don't want on your team and dunno how to use MMM

Whats the circle next to win rate on the right supposed to mean?

Average damage?

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

[TIMT]
Members
1,404 posts
4,940 battles

I don't know which circle you mean, so the symbols are from left to right, top row: Karma, account battles, account WR. bottom row: PR in the ship, battles in ship, WR in ship, average damage in ship.

49 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Sorry for asking this but I'm one of those scrubs you don't want on your team and dunno how to use MMM

On its own there is nothing wrong with not being great or even bad at a game. There is plenty of legit reasons why people play games and just having something to take your mind of things and not needing to think can be what you need in that instance. So I don't have a problem with bad players per se (I am probably not a good player in most games I have ever played).

The issue for me in WOWS is that you are playing with 11 other, random people on a team. You can't pick the people, and they can't pick you. However, since this game requires some degree of coordination or at least everyone pulling their weight it means that the fun of any player depends on how the other players play the game. So, in essence, how I play and enjoy my game affects how 11 (or even 23) other people can enjoy theirs. This is a bit of a responsibility, especially since you can't chose the people (outside of divisions or clan battles) you are playing with/against. In other words: My freedom to play the game however I like stops at the freedom of the other 11 players to play their game as they like. Meaning I can do whatever I want as long as I can pull my weight.

On a more personal note, something that just easily triggers me is when people are unwilling to learn or to put mental effort into things, yet demand results or stuff to just work. People complaining about their fancy coffeemaker being stupid and broken or their new phone being dumb and bugged AF, without ever having even opened the manual to look up what the buttons do, really grind my gears. If you don't care, fine, then don't use it or at least don't complain. If you want to use it, learn the basics. So that might explain why some people in WOWS just really tick me off.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
468 posts
4,155 battles

I get that, makes sense that if you do something in your free time enough you're gonna put in the effort to get better at it, I know I try.

I just hate how this community doesn't really have much patience for people, asking for tips and advice gets you people talking down to you and berating you instead of giving advice.

I hate snobs like that

Makes me wonder where is there sense of community, being the change they wanna see and all that. Can't expect people to get good overnight people need a nudge in the right direction

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork