You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

Forcing CV's into Clan Brawls/ Battles

24 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts

Myself and my Clanmates hate, loath, despise, dread, CV play style its boring, its not fun for us, and yet we live for Clan battles, at least up until you forced CV's into them and then it went down hill quickly. So we have to be forced to play a ship we despise or not play in Clan Brawls/ Battles. Does WG give a $hip about its player base to address this? or is it suck it up go play [edited] if you don't like it. Hell the Richthofens destroy Cruisers in droves in this last Brawls so much so we all just said screw it after multiple defeats.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 5

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles

I'm having a blast with my AA Worcester in clan brawls.

• Cool 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
2 hours ago, Ocoda said:

Myself and my Clanmates hate, loath, despise, dread, CV play style its boring, its not fun for us, and yet we live for Clan battles, at least up until you forced CV's into them and then it went down hill quickly. So we have to be forced to play a ship we despise or not play in Clan Brawls/ Battles. Does WG give a $hip about its player base to address this? or is it suck it up go play [edited] if you don't like it. Hell the Richthofens destroy Cruisers in droves in this last Brawls so much so we all just said screw it after multiple defeats.

Don't stress yourself on things you can't control always learn to stay away from things stressing you out.

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,922 battles

Console yourself with this: No CVs allowed. And BANCV placed third. 

Results – Verizon Warrior's Championship | World of Warships

Members
181 posts
5,835 battles

Are not clan battles suppose to be competitive? Seems kind of pointless to have a competitive mode like this, but not including a certain class because you don't like competing against them... not having one or two ships that are over achieving? maybe, but a whole class? not really.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KOFTT]
Members
119 posts
11,752 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Are not clan battles suppose to be competitive? Seems kind of pointless to have a competitive mode like this, but not including a certain class because you don't like competing against them... not having one or two ships that are over achieving? maybe, but a whole class? not really.

What is competitive about having a ship class that can attack from far away and literally never has to put themselves in harm's way until the battle is pretty much over?  What is competitive about forcing a clan to play a CV even if none of their clan members enjoy playing CV?  What is competitive about taking a ship class that is OP in 12 player battles and putting them in 5 player battles? 

• Thanks 1

[O7]
Supertester
393 posts
13,178 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

The majority of competitive players see CVs as a detriment to competitive gameplay. Not a good class in competitive as perma spotting and grouped gameplay removes a lot of the strategic depth seen in non-CV matches. Also not fun to see MvRs or FDRs fly through your AA to nuke your ship for 20k per drop. 

Having played in CB formats with a CV and ones without CVs, I much rather have no CVs. And I played CVs for O7 for both T10 CB seasons. 

Edited by Your_SAT_Score
  • Cool 2

Members
2,419 posts
52 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 6:14 AM, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Are not clan battles suppose to be competitive?

Yes.

Now guess which class breaks the competitive spirit?

[NSS]
Members
12 posts
8,970 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, Pugilistic said:

Why did WG changed BANCV clan name to TWA in the youtube video?

[A-D-F]
Members
502 posts
16,922 battles

Tier 10
5 vs. 5
with 1 CV, 1 BB, 2 CA, 1 DD per team mandatory composition
on small~ish maps with overlapping caps.

The team that brings MvR and forms a better "AA blob" while focus firing the enemy ships, is most likely to win.

That is about as much "FUN" as "ice fishing at the north pole, while suffering from hemorrhoids".

This whole clan brawl is probably just a glorified test to see which ships deserve scrutiny of the "Nerf Bat"

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

we're over it. We tried a few of these and frankly there is no gain for us. So we will be out of CB until the traditional format returns.

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
15,940 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Yes they are suppose to be competitive.

Explain how it is competitive for one person to be in a King Tiger and everybody else is in Jeep’s.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, Pugilistic said:

:cap_haloween::crab::dance_turtle:the anti-CV elite can't even win in their own game mode? What's next? Ban BBs? :cap_horn:

• Boring 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
On 12/18/2020 at 5:01 AM, CaptainTeddybear said:

Yes they are suppose to be competitive.

Explain how it is competitive for one person to be in a King Tiger and everybody else is in Jeep’s.

Nailed it on the head and erected a monumeny over it.

[KOFTT]
Members
119 posts
11,752 battles
14 hours ago, Crokodone said:

the anti-CV elite can't even win in their own game mode? What's next? Ban BBs? 

Not wanting to play against CVs does not mean that they are going to automatically win if CVs aren't there.  That argument doesn't even make sense.  You're like the third person to post that graphic and it's pointless.

• Funny 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
6 hours ago, zakkmylde said:

Not wanting to play against CVs does not mean that they are going to automatically win if CVs aren't there.  That argument doesn't even make sense.  You're like the third person to post that graphic and it's pointless.

If they dont want tonplay against a certain class they should go where that class isn't apart of the class balance structure. It's not a competiive where the competition is removed. No excuse. And they still lost in their most coveted environment!

So I repeat: who's to ban next?

[SNGNS]
Members
601 posts
6,991 battles
On 12/18/2020 at 7:11 AM, Your_SAT_Score said:

The majority of competitive players see CVs as a detriment to competitive gameplay. Not a good class in competitive as perma spotting and grouped gameplay removes a lot of the strategic depth seen in non-CV matches. Also not fun to see MvRs or FDRs fly through your AA to nuke your ship for 20k per drop. 

Having played in CB formats with a CV and ones without CVs, I much rather have no CVs. And I played CVs for O7 for both T10 CB seasons. 

...would you say that kots is the "height" of competitive? because if it is then bravo... 3 Russian cruisers not moving for 10 minutes is really quite strategic...

i wont say that cvs are balanced (their not) but normal cb or "high competitive" is not in a better space...

[O7]
Supertester
393 posts
13,178 battles
59 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

...would you say that kots is the "height" of competitive? because if it is then bravo... 3 Russian cruisers not moving for 10 minutes is really quite strategic...

i wont say that cvs are balanced (their not) but normal cb or "high competitive" is not in a better space...

KotS is generally seen as the gold standard for competitive play. Sometimes new ships like Petro has a dramatic effect on the meta, but that usually lasts for 1 season before the meta changes. Perhaps some of the previous KotS formats may appeal to you. 

The Verizon tournament was surprisingly well executed in the competitive aspect. The absence of CVs and the pick ban system allowed for a greater variety of tactics and viable ships. Using T8 ships also calls for a different approach compared to the T10 ships we are used to in CBs. 

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts
On 12/16/2020 at 9:10 PM, Crokodone said:

I'm having a blast with my AA Worcester in clan brawls.

So for the past few days been trying to learn the CV play style and all I can say is I loathe it. I have the the tier 10 German CA killer and about the only way I can kill anything in Co-op is to ram my CV into something. I'm about a 100 games into this grind and it really sucks. its a very boring play style with little to no fun … remove the little there is absolutely no fun in it at all.  Forcing player to play a version you (the Devs) deem fun is like your grandma trying to convince you that the brussels sprouts taste good. 

Edited by Ocoda

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
42 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

So for the past few days been trying to learn the CV play style and all I can say is I loathe it. I have the the tier 10 German CA killer and about the only way I can kill anything in Co-op is to ram my CV into something. I'm about a 100 games into this grind and it really sucks. its a very boring play style with little to no fun … remove the little there is absolutely no fun in it at all.  Forcing player to play a version you (the Devs) deem fun is like your grandma trying to convince you that the brussels sprouts taste good. 

Different is good, because it leaves something new. The new CVs are very different from the conventional ships we mastered. It's only befitting that it's hard to get a hang of, because that was the case for the first 1k battles; for me anyway.

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts
Just now, Crokodone said:

Different is good, because it leaves something new. The new CVs are very different from the conventional ships we mastered. It's only befitting that it's hard to get a hang of, because that was the case for the first 1k battles; for me anyway.

Difference was I enjoyed learning how to play the HE spammers. I enjoyed learning how to play a secondary build. I enjoyed learning how to master the Halland. the CV is absolutely no fun 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
10 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

Difference was I enjoyed learning how to play the HE spammers. I enjoyed learning how to play a secondary build. I enjoyed learning how to master the Halland. the CV is absolutely no fun 

Speak for yourself. Because it's fun performing long range reconnaissance, it's fun appearing out of the clouds and finishing off healing threats, and it's fun stopping the enemies sneak attacks in their place. No, CVs are fun to me. I haven't gotten the hang of them: yet.

[PLDN]
Members
304 posts

Speak for yourself. Because it's fun performing long range reconnaissance, it's fun appearing out of the clouds and finishing off healing threats, and it's fun stopping the enemies sneak attacks in their place. No, CVs are fun to me. I haven't gotten the hang of them: yet.

The phrase "I" is used in the English language when referencing me, myself, and ,I .  

4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

In case your uncertain in what your reading