You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

If wargaming is not going to buff flint like they are Atlanta, refund please.

46 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

I would like a steel refund on my flint if the range is not going to be increased like atlanta. I would accept a 50% pro-rate on the steel spent. 

• Cool 7
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 5

Members
454 posts
4 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I would like a steel refund on my flint if the range is not going to be increased like atlanta. I would accept a 50% pro-rate on the steel spent. 

Edited by Venac
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
537 posts
15,614 battles

Just like people wanted a REFUND for the Moskva Perm Cammo when WG Decided to make it a Special Ship.

You're not going to get it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
26 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Why pro rate?

I would expect full value....it's not like the pixels are used or less valuable to WG.  if refunded I will just turn around and put it on a different ship that isn't nerfed into Oblivion.  It's just a trade-in.  Add me to the list who wants this .

If WG really believes the loss of AFT is really insignificant to the ship then they should put their money where their mouth is and give refunds.  

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
[Y0L0W]
Members
73 posts
24,499 battles

Komrade, if you think you getting kapitalist refund, I have Moskva with special camo to sell you!

on a serious note: Take common sense, and then ask yourself "What is the polar opposite of this?" And you will have your answer on what is the expected outcome of this debacle.   The Flint is now a port queen and will never be seen outside of meme divs in operations.

Edited by SPAPtasticles

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles
45 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Is your Flint an exact copy of Atlanta?

Yeah, no, it isn't.  Atlanta has radar.  Flint has smoke.  That subtle difference makes a HUGE difference in how you play them.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
4,636 posts
21,362 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yeah, no, it isn't.  Atlanta has radar.  Flint has smoke.  That subtle difference makes a HUGE difference in how you play them.

That's not the point,  the point is it's bait switch on my premiums.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles
14 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

That's not the point,  the point is it's bait switch on my premiums.

Let me see if I am reading you correctly.  ANYTIME a change has ANY effect on one of your ships, you demand a TOTAL REFUND.

Yeah, that's off, bro.

When WG proposed Gulio Cesare be bumped from TIER 5 to TIER 6, that was ridiculous.  But to say Atlanta's (long overdue) buff to range, largely based on the Advanced Fire Training nerf that beat Atlanta's effectiveness in the face, should apply equally to Flint (which has SMOKE, not radar), is not just ridiculous...it is simply not applicable.  Apples to oranges, my friend.

[PHD]
Members
1,854 posts
7,264 battles

The captain skills is still a WIP. The US 127s may get a global range buff or a AFT like skill could be added.

Wait and see, while maybe stockpiling torches and pitchforks. :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,673 posts
27,410 battles
23 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

The captain skills is still a WIP. The US 127s may get a global range buff or a AFT like skill could be added.

Wait and see, while maybe stockpiling torches and pitchforks. :Smile_izmena:

Need to go to the box store and get new ones...

...the old ones have gotten worn out since 0.8.0, and not just because of that.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

Smoke at that range is worthless with 12km radar.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Maybe they should give Atlanta and Flint a main-battery version of the longer-barrelled 5" from the secondaries on some of the high-tier USN BBs....

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,693 battles
4 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Wait and see

the last time we were told to "wait and see" we got a rework thats gone on for 2 years and STILL isnt fully balanced like WG wanted it to be

[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
49 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Maybe they should give Atlanta and Flint a main-battery version of the longer-barrelled 5" from the secondaries on some of the high-tier USN BBs....

They are...called Austin.... yet another steel ship that will probably get nerfed a year after it's release. 

5 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

HUGE eh?   Every tried playing a ship with an 11km range (and cruiser concealment nearly as large) in a tier 9 game?  Considering you don't even own Flint, I"m gonna guess no.  There are many reasons why Flint won't be the same ship anymore after the nerf from 12km radar...hell 10 km will catch you too, secondaries that have a longer range than you, and DDs like akizuki and kitakaze that have a BASE range larger than yours.... hell most T5 DDs can equip a longer range. 

I suspect you are either trolling or have a personal issue with Flint, but in the future get a clue what you are talking about first.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,865 posts
712 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Haha an Atlanta with 5"/54s. Holy crap.

That brings back memories of high-angling everything to death in Navyfield.

The good ole' days.

[LWA]
Members
1,245 posts
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Flint has two less gun turrets too.  Flint has much better torpedoes.

[CMFRT]
Modder
997 posts
2,402 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Smoke really doesnt make much of a difference, especially with the abundance of radars (especially 12km USSR radars that exist in this game. 11km range is woefully insufficient, smoke or no smoke.

Are they going to refund steel for Flint? No. Should they? Probably, because without the 13km range, Flint will be dead, and its already in a bad spot now thanks to the IFHE changes.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
8 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

You forgot smo too!

[DVYJC]
Members
3,893 posts
9,808 battles
5 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

You forgot smo too!

Smolensk honestly needed reining in, and the loss of AFT doesn't nuke Smolensk in the same way as it does Atlanta and Flint, since Smolensk can equip Gunfire Control System Modification 3 in Slot 6. It was always a matter of preference on Smolensk to build for range vs. rate of fire between your choices on BFT, AFT, MBM3, and GCSM3, while for Atlanta BFT/AFT is the only viable build.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
15 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

So put a ticket in and request it. Posting on the forums about it won't expedite the process.

-Hapa

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

The atlanta is a good operations ship. Two of them means you dont have to wait as long between ops. Without paying credits.

As always buyer beware.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,566 posts
11,980 battles

Refund at the price of rolling your account back to the day you got it.  

Issue isn't the flint, issue is the Capt skill rework.  It will take 23 Pts to do what my current 19pt DD capt does.