You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DuckyShot

WG has my account in limbo. (kinda)

35 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,206 posts
16,676 battles

Ok, full disclosure: clickbait title (a bit).

IS there anyone else that has requested santa crate refund and account roll back in the past week? I did some "testing" of crates last week on December 10th. I then requested a refund that evening in accordance with their communication earlier in the week (at the time we had until Dec 13th to request a refund, that has since been extended to the 27th, but I don't expect any of you knew that due to the lack of publicity about it). My understanding of the situation was that manual refund and removal of the items from the account took longer and if you used any of the items, only a rollback was an option and it was the faster option regardless. Serves my memory was correct:

However, due to large amount of non-automated work with such operations, such tickets may take a week or more to be completed. Thus, customer support will offer either a roll-back and refund (the fast way) or manual restoration and refund (the slow way).

So right off the bat, I requested a refund and in the same ticket authorized/requested them to rollback my account. That ticket was answered within hours and they told me I had to go to a CS link where I would direct them to either rollback my account or do it manually. I saw the response the next morning, December 11th and immediately autorized/requested the rollback option (second time). I knew that any progress I had done on ships, currencies, statistics, etc. would go away between the time of my purchases and them actually rolling back my account. But I was seeing reports of people having their accounts rolled back the next day and up to a week for a manual removal.

Well, guess what, It's 6 days since I requested that rollback and refund, 5 days since I affirmed my decision for a rollback and I submitted another ticket 2 days ago asking if it had been lost in the shuffle and what was happening. Neither of my support tickets have even been looked at yet by WG. So here I sit, 1 clan brawl past with anything I earned in it going out the window and the next clan brawl starting and anything I earn in this in one is going out the window. I have very little desire to play the game right now knowing that anything I do is going out the window. (I'll still play brawls with friends and help them out and get wins for my clan and such, but other than that its worthless) 

How long is it taking WG to do manual rollbacks at this point? Anyone else with their account in limbo for far too long? This was going off of the information that they posted saying how long it would take. If they told me a full rollback would take over a week, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Members
548 posts
26,255 battles
22 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

How long is it taking WG to do manual rollbacks at this point? Anyone else with their account in limbo for far too long? This was going off of the information that they posted saying how long it would take. If they told me a full rollback would take over a week, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Hoping WG gets the issue resolved ASAP.  Am wondering if they didn't encounter some type of "technical glitch" with their database (e.g., corrupted transaction logs, or the database schema was changed recently?).  Good luck!

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,907 battles

Posting here won't make it happen faster. Support isn't even on NA region. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,454 posts
14,821 battles

I am going to guess that they are doing this by hand, patience young padawans.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,722 posts
5,375 battles

I made too much progress to take a rollback. Its not worth the losses and hassle. They get to keep their money anyway. its gone. Just like gambling in a way. Which it is in a roundabout way. You will open a box and get something but maybe not what you want. For me after 80 plus boxes of santas its pretty much camo and flags a bust for this year.

[SALVO]
Members
4,522 posts
20,818 battles
42 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Ok, full disclosure: clickbait title (a bit).

IS there anyone else that has requested santa crate refund and account roll back in the past week? I did some "testing" of crates last week on December 10th. I then requested a refund that evening in accordance with their communication earlier in the week (at the time we had until Dec 13th to request a refund, that has since been extended to the 27th, but I don't expect any of you knew that due to the lack of publicity about it). My understanding of the situation was that manual refund and removal of the items from the account took longer and if you used any of the items, only a rollback was an option and it was the faster option regardless. Serves my memory was correct:

So right off the bat, I requested a refund and in the same ticket authorized/requested them to rollback my account. That ticket was answered within hours and they told me I had to go to a CS link where I would direct them to either rollback my account or do it manually. I saw the response the next morning, December 11th and immediately autorized/requested the rollback option (second time). I knew that any progress I had done on ships, currencies, statistics, etc. would go away between the time of my purchases and them actually rolling back my account. But I was seeing reports of people having their accounts rolled back the next day and up to a week for a manual removal.

Well, guess what, It's 6 days since I requested that rollback and refund, 5 days since I affirmed my decision for a rollback and I submitted another ticket 2 days ago asking if it had been lost in the shuffle and what was happening. Neither of my support tickets have even been looked at yet by WG. So here I sit, 1 clan brawl past with anything I earned in it going out the window and the next clan brawl starting and anything I earn in this in one is going out the window. I have very little desire to play the game right now knowing that anything I do is going out the window. (I'll still play brawls with friends and help them out and get wins for my clan and such, but other than that its worthless) 

Sorry I couldn't resist..giphy-downsized-large.gif.acb4a43e5f7726696b23700548e10410.gif

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
543 posts
11,078 battles
Just now, xHeavy said:

I made too much progress to take a rollback. Its not worth the losses and hassle. They get to keep their money anyway. its gone. Just like gambling in a way. Which it is in a roundabout way. You will open a box and get something but maybe not what you want. For me after 80 plus boxes of santas its pretty much camo and flags a bust for this year.

Same results here heavy. I can understand where you are coming from, and would do the same. Criminal treatment though.

Myself, I am on my eighth day of waiting, as I have a drive to move away from this title, and am in need of a videocard upgrade to move to other types of games.

[B-Z]
Members
162 posts
15,507 battles

The purpose of the refund offer is not to refund unhappy customers. It is to present an illusion of "reasonable remedy" in court, if anyone takes them there.
If the refund process is so slow and bad that most people give up, it still offers a smokescreen in court, so it has succeeded.

I'm not entertaining a refund (and enjoying my shiny new Belfast and Neustra)

Best of luck, Megla

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,507 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am going to guess that they are doing this by hand, patience young padawans.

Considering there are a number of reddit posts of people who got a refund + roll back only to find the X number of crates sitting in their port since the Red Oak Victory just got swapped in for the SS Grandcamp... that's exactly what they're doing... 

[NG-NL]
Members
353 posts
10,077 battles

DuckyShot, you're in a difficult situation. You have my sympathies. I hope you get it resolved soon.

I can think of 3 options here:
1) Be respectful and let this play out. Give respect, you tend to get it in return. I'm glad that you're going this route.
2) Reach the point where rolling back will not be worth the refund. I imagine you could cancel your ticket if that day comes.
3) Rage about it. You'd be treated professionally, nothing more. And nothing sooner.

Edited by imaginary_b

Members
8 posts
4,212 battles

Waiting 5 days no response on my ticket aswell. Very frustrating. Also my brother got a roll back 10 days ago and was said to have got a refund. Still no refund to his account.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles

Ducky come on man, you know that they know it's you.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles
5 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

How long is it taking WG to do manual rollbacks at this point?

Well Ducky, according to what you posted... It depends on the Beneficiary, if he wants it slow and manual approach or fast and furious.

Either way, the experience overall will benefit the guy processing your request.. He is getting mad bank for working OT hours for the added work load.. 

Happy 2020 !

[WOLFC]
Members
77 posts
8,520 battles

So you bought crates for "testing" knowing their status and most likely knowing you would request a refund, but now you aren't happy with the time its taking to unwind your experiment? No sympathy here.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[TSF]
Members
248 posts
12,859 battles

I'm in exactly the same position as the original poster. Was made to jump through exactly the same hoops. It's been over a week and no word from WG. It is what it is. 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,877 posts
7,366 battles
1 hour ago, puckhead77 said:

So you bought crates for "testing" knowing their status and most likely knowing you would request a refund, but now you aren't happy with the time its taking to unwind your experiment? No sympathy here.

He played within the rules they stated, they're the ones moving the goal posts.  They're hoping people compete in the clan brawls as they drag it out weeks, when in-fact one of their coders could have written a very simple script to do the refunds.  They're being unreasonable, not the customer/s.

Nobody in their right mind believes a software company is going to manually burn the hours required for manual anything.  They've already got the refund script written, they're just wanting to bag as many suckers into "but you're missing one worthless crap/flag camo" nonsense that they can given the fact it's been 2 weeks of brawls since then.   The only one's being unreasonable here is WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ING]
Members
113 posts

Same boat taking forever, Ive stopped playing. Why bother.

I am sticking with the refund on principal. Them ruining christmass seems to be a regular thing for them.

• Cool 1

Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles

I have often asked for refunds on lottery tickets, stating that they didn't work or were defective. While I have never been awarded a refund, the look on the cashiers face of full dumbfounded confusion was worth the loss of a dollar or two. Try it sometime.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[TSF]
Members
248 posts
12,859 battles

The delays make sense from WGs perspective. The longer they wait, the more likely you will use just one too many dragon flags, or accidentally spend one too many doubloons, and then WG can say the goods are no longer in your account, and a roll back is the only option, which most players will refuse. The longer they stall, the more likely they won't have to refund the purchases. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,206 posts
16,676 battles
7 hours ago, puckhead77 said:

They had already stated the time frames that it would likely take. But those time frames are erroneous. Their "fast" way is now longer than their stated "long" way. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,206 posts
16,676 battles
1 minute ago, Litigo_1970 said:

The delays make sense from WGs perspective. The longer they wait, the more likely you will use just one too many dragon flags, or accidentally spend one too many doubloons, and then WG can say the goods are no longer in your account, and a roll back is the only option, which most players will refuse. The longer they stall, the more likely they won't have to refund the purchases. 

I went for rollback immediately but it looks like from the other replying that their timeframe is longer due to the amount of people requesting it. 

[ING]
Members
113 posts
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I have often asked for refunds on lottery tickets, stating that they didn't work or were defective. While I have never been awarded a refund, the look on the cashiers face of full dumbfounded confusion was worth the loss of a dollar or two. Try it sometime.

Show me the lottery ticket where I have to win the 50,000 dollar prize 4 times before I even have a chance at the 10 million dollar prize they advertised.