You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rednecks_Slayer

Make ASASHIO torps hit the BATTLE-CRUISERS

128 comments in this topic

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles

Hello,

I think it is time to give the Asashio the capability to hit battle-cruisers with her torps, like: Kronshtadt, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Stalingrad, Moskva, Petropavlovsk, Yoshino, Azuma, Siegfried, Agir, etc.

If they have the same draught, draft, deep (whatever you call it) like a BB, then Asashio torps should hit them. It's logic.

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 9

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Rednecks_Slayer said:

Hello,

I think it is time to give the Asashio the capability to hit battle-cruisers with her torps, like: Kronshtadt, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Stalingrad, Moskva, Petropavlovsk, Yoshino, Azuma, Siegfried, Agir, etc.

It may have been the time but with the new skill rework coming in.... well it is not going to be the time lol.

• Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
5,582 posts
9,008 battles

I think that’s a horrible idea. 

Sleepy face it all you want, it doesn’t make a stupid idea any better. 

Edited by SkaerKrow
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[FORM]
Members
1,944 posts
12,523 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

It may have been the time but with the new skill rework coming in.... well it is not going to be the time lol.

As an Asashio owner and fan, I do agree with holding off depending on how the skill work comes out. Right now this skill rework sounds like it's going to screw battlecruiser something ugly already.

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 2

Members
314 posts
25 battles

I believe during the development of the Pan-Asian destroyer line the original idea was for Deepwater torps to hit depending upon the draught of the ship, but they simplified it to "not destroyers but yes to cruisers, battleships & carriers" to make it clearer to the players what it would/wouldn't hit.

Likewise I suspect Asashio's is simplified to just battleships and carriers for the same reason and I doubt WG is in a rush to change this.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
1 minute ago, TheArc said:

Aa an Asashio owner and fan, I do agree with holding off depending on how the skill work comes out. Right now is skill rework sounds like it's going to screw battlecruiser something ugly already.

Yeah I have both Asashio versions and .... nope bad idea. Not sure BC are getting screwed but they are certainly going to be less tanky. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles

Just pointing out an Asashio's deep water torps will pass under an Alaska class ship with

Displacement:
  • Standard: 29,779 long tons (30,257 t)
Length: 808 ft 6 in (246.4 m)
Beam: 91 ft 1 in (27.8 m)
Draft: 31 ft 10 in (9.7 m)

But it will hit a Dunkerque class despite being smaller, weighing less and having less draft.

Displacement:
  • 26,500 t (26,100 long tons) (standard)
Length: 214.5 m (704 ft)
Beam: 31.08 m (102.0 ft)
Draft: 8.7 m (29 ft)
Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles
2 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

I believe during the development of the Pan-Asian destroyer line the original idea was for Deepwater torps to hit depending upon the draught of the ship, but they simplified it to "not destroyers but yes to cruisers, battleships & carriers" to make it clearer to the players what it would/wouldn't hit.

Likewise I suspect Asashio's is simplified to just battleships and carriers for the same reason and I doubt WG is in a rush to change this.

These battle-cruisers who flooded the game are as big and as armored as BBs and sometimes even more overpowered than them, so, people play them instead of BBs, which leave Asashio without a purpose.

• Meh 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,509 posts
18,105 battles

These battle-cruisers who flooded the game are as big and as armored as BBs and sometimes even more overpowered than them, so, people play them instead of BBs, which leave Asashio without a purpose.

Meme: "Sounds Good" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

• Funny 1

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Just pointing out an Asashio's deep water torps will pass under an Alaska class ship with

Displacement:

But it will hit a Dunkerque class despite being smaller, weighting less and having less draft.

Displacement:

Thank you, that is what I mean, these overpowered battle-cruisers are as big as or even bigger than some BBs, so ...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
6 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Displacement:

But it will hit a Dunkerque class despite being smaller, weighting less and having less draft.

Displacement:

He has a point.

Members
314 posts
25 battles

I mean I've certainly not noticed anything resembling a drought of battleships at tiers 6-10 on the EU server.

Whether Large Cruisers should share the same slot in MM as light and heavy cruisers is occasionally brought up for debate but honestly I don't think it's actual battleships they're intimidating.

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles
9 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah I have both Asashio versions and .... nope bad idea. Not sure BC are getting screwed but they are certainly going to be less tanky. 

I'm sorry, but if you were capable of buying 2 identical ships only because one of them has black paint .... than I can not trust your opinions.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
5 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

These battle-cruisers who flooded the game are as big and as armored as B[edited]

Which supercruiser is anywhere near as well-armored as a battleship at the same tier?

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
2 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

I'm sorry, but if you were capable of buying 2 identical ships only because one of them has black paint .... than I can not trust your opinions.

You do not trust people with more resources than you? With that outlook you may find improving your situation difficult. 

• Cool 1

4,776 posts
712 battles
11 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Displacement:

Displacement:

Dunkerque can deal with torpedo hits better, though. 27% reduction vs 13%..

• Cool 1

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles
Just now, paradat said:

You do not trust people with more resources than you? With that outlook you may find improving your situation difficult. 

It is not about resources ... you didn't understand ...

• Meh 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,640 posts
12,045 battles

Based on my past 2 months of Tier 8-10 play, I still predominantly see 4 to 5 battleships per side, plenty of targets for one Asashio. Less than 4 battleships is an anomaly.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
8,138 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

Dunkerque can deal with the torpedo hits better, though. 27% reduction vs 13%..

Asashio torpedos physically can't hit Alaska, she has the best torpedo protection in this regard.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
2 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

Ah Ok so I have less wisdom in your eyes? Maybe? 

• Thanks 1

4,776 posts
712 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

Asashio torpedos physically can't hit Alaska, she has the best torpedo protection in this regard.

I'm aware. I'm saying if they could hit Alaska, they'd do a lot more damage to Alaska than to Dunkerque despite Dunkerque being 3 tiers lower. 

If the ship's going to be defended against torpedoes like a cruiser it should be treated like a cruiser as far as torpedoes are concerned.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
3 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Based on my past 2 months of Tier 8-10 play, I still predominantly see 4 to 5 battleships per side, plenty of targets for one Asashio. Less than 4 battleships is an anomaly.

Also the Asashio get to hit the CV as well. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
21 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I think that’s a horrible idea. 

Sleepy face it all you want, it doesn’t make a stupid idea any better. 

Please elaborate why.

[META_]
Members
169 posts
2,646 battles
4 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

There are ways of ending up with both ships without intending to.  You could even own both without intentionally purchasing either one.

• Cool 1

[RO-I]
Members
211 posts
1,616 battles
6 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Which supercruiser is anywhere near as well-armored as a battleship at the same tier?

It's not only about armor and not only about the same tier. It is also about HP, HP damage etc. BBs at tier 7 have about 50000 HP, battlecruisers at tier 9 and 10 have about 60-70000 HP. Why an Asashio should be able to fight a tier 7 BB, but it is useless against a tier 9 and 10 battle-cruiser?

• Meh 1