You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Looking at Dev statement re: Skill reset.

6 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,871 posts

According to the blog they are.....

"Changing the Commander skill system will make it more flexible and convenient, and give you a choice between several effective loadout options instead of one ultimate go-to option. This will enable you to customize your ship to more precisely suit your playstyle."

So this change is to make it more flexible and convenient for us. WG is working on improving our play time experience. That's nice.

How ever my experiences with WG and the way they impose time wasting grinds makes me think its more like below. - continually resetting the hamster wheel till they have ground your soul down. No different than gear resets in other games.

4qmoeb.jpg

Beta Testers
867 posts
14,165 battles

As always they state the change is to give more flexibility in builds but, as usual, an optimal build will be found for each class and that is what will be used. In other words, no different to what it is now so no need to change it.

You WILL have fun comrade...

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,143 posts
6,118 battles
27 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

How ever my experiences with WG and the way they impose time wasting grinds makes me think its more like below. - continually resetting the hamster wheel till they have ground your soul down. No different than gear resets in other games.

4qmoeb.jpg

5WkKX1a.jpg

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,414 posts
15,847 battles

So folk seem to be arguing about a preliminary announcement about a system that will not be implemented for some time. 

Some facts:

The rework isn't final and in fact, may not happen, and if it does happen, may not resemble what has been described.

Before the rework happens, WG will eventually put a more finished version up on the PTS for everyone to try out, and will be looking for feedback, as they always do, and the community will have an opportunity to shape the final version.

While it is fine to have a level-headed discussion about what the final rework will be like, and a wish list of features folk would like to see added or modified, posting threads merely to remark that 'the sky is falling' are probably going to be shut down, like this one. 

Sail on by.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 11