Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
__Riptide_

0.10.0: You can retrain commanders for 12.5k elite xp now?

8 comments in this topic

[NOKAP]
Members
66 posts
6,074 battles

Just want to confirm, in the next update can you now retrain commander fully with just 12.5k elite commander xp?

exp.PNG

Edited by __Riptide_

[PVE]
Members
1,124 posts
9,566 battles

For a 10 pointer yes, so far as I understand it at least

After that patch drops

Edited by MasterDiggs

[HINON]
Members
2,303 posts
22,535 battles

Yes, depending on Pts of Commander (10 pt illustrated).  They are taking away the option of reducing by half for credits and just reducing required XP by half by default.

[WOLF7]
Members
175 posts
14 minutes ago, __Riptide_ said:

Just want to confirm, in the next update can you now retrain commander fully with just 12.5k elite commander xp?

5 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Yes, depending on Pts of Commander (10 pt illustrated).  They are taking away the option of reducing by half for credits and just reducing required XP by half by default.

Unfortunately, to pay for the 200,000 credits that they generously (sarcasm) are saving you, when this is live your captain skill will NOT WORK at all instead of the losing half of the skill benefit for non-binary skills until you grind out the needed CXP.  Give me the option to pay 200,000 credits to retain half of the benefit while grinding please.

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,804 battles
5 minutes ago, gslick said:

Unfortunately, to pay for the 200,000 credits that they generously (sarcasm) are saving you, when this is live your captain skill will NOT WORK at all instead of the losing half of the skill benefit for non-binary skills until you grind out the needed CXP.

Yay.

5 minutes ago, gslick said:

Give me the option to pay 200,000 credits to retain half of the benefit while grinding please.

But spreadsheets say you will love this change!

Love how WG constantly manages to make things more complicated, while claiming to make them easier.

[STW-A]
Members
270 posts
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Love how WG constantly manages to make things more complicated, while claiming to make them easier.

Like many things in life, BOTH are true.

For experienced players, like almost everyone on the forum, this change represents a transition from the way it's been for the past 5+ years to an almost new set of captain skills.  Old way + new way = 2 ways, which is much more complicated.

For beginning players, including everyone on the forums when they first started with WoWS, the captain skill change makes things easier, yes easier.  For example, imagine that you are grinding up the USA line of DDs.  Time for a new tech tree DD, and to move your captain over.  But you have to retrain, and only have 1 premium american ship, a battleship.  Before this change,  you had to use your captain with DD skills on the battleship to retrain.  After this change, your DD captain can have a different set of BB skills for that premium battleship.

Indeed, after the change, you can have your top American captain (for example) trained for your favorite silver tech tree ship, say the cruiser Des Moines, while also having your preferred captain skills for the CV Roosevelt, the BB Massachusetts, and the DD Kidd.  Will you really need as many 19 ...er.... 21 point captains are you currently think you do with the current version?

[SLDS]
Members
118 posts
7,332 battles
1 hour ago, __Riptide_ said:

exp.PNG

Not next update because next is 0.9.12, not 0.10.0. Also as others have pointed out that’s for a 10 pointer, the price goes up with more points.

Edited by Shadow_Woof

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,804 battles
41 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Like many things in life, BOTH are true.

For experienced players, like almost everyone on the forum, this change represents a transition from the way it's been for the past 5+ years to an almost new set of captain skills.  Old way + new way = 2 ways, which is much more complicated.

A fair point.

For beginning players, including everyone on the forums when they first started with WoWS, the captain skill change makes things easier, yes easier.  For example, imagine that you are grinding up the USA line of DDs.  Time for a new tech tree DD, and to move your captain over.  But you have to retrain, and only have 1 premium american ship, a battleship.  Before this change,  you had to use your captain with DD skills on the battleship to retrain.  After this change, your DD captain can have a different set of BB skills for that premium battleship.

My experience has been that skills are a crutch; a useful crutch; but a crutch, nonetheless.

A player’s knowledge and skill matters more.

Indeed, after the change, you can have your top American captain (for example) trained for your favorite silver tech tree ship, say the cruiser Des Moines, while also having your preferred captain skills for the CV Roosevelt, the BB Massachusetts, and the DD Kidd.  Will you really need as many 19 ...er.... 21 point captains are you currently think you do with the current version?

I don’t much care about my 19 point captains. They’re nice to have, but with few exceptions don’t tend to move around much.

Most of my ships tend to keep the captain they have, whichever mode they get used in.

As far as numbers go; in five+ years now I’ve not dismissed a single captain; if anything I’ve had to recruit captains. It’s not like I need to move them around to use a ship; as as far as that goes, I’ve put spare low or zero point captains on ships to be able to do so. The first few points come fast enough anyway.

Sign in to follow this