Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

In commander rework, can 1 commander be used for up to four different ships?

12 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

After reading the devblog, it seemed to me that one captain could have a bb, cruiser, dd, and cv build. This seemed to imdicate that one commander could be trained on up to four different ships as long as they are different types.  

If so, that would actually mitigate the extra xp grind burden a lot. 

Thing is, this seems too good to be true and i wonder if ive misunderstood something.  Am i totally off with this?

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
269 posts
8,297 battles

Can only trained to one ship (like tech tree ship), but can be put into different premium ship classes with skills set for the different classes. 

[GOB]
Members
2,511 posts

That is how I read it so far with a big ole BUT.........

You can only move that commander for FREE amongst your Premium ships.

Either this is a great thing and you can get one of your most powerful special commanders make it a 21 pointer  and use him on all classes for free ( premiums ) or I could be very very very wrong.  

Tech tree ships not so much.

Time will tell.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles

Only if at least 3 of the ships are premiums. You still have to retrain the captains for tech tree ships, just like the current system.

[PTRGT]
Members
420 posts
52,605 battles

according to the Wargaming Thursday Twitch stream

Regular ships you will have to retrain each time you move that captain to another ship.

If your have Premium or "Special" ships no retaining required, provided the captain is moving to another Premium ship.

Or if you moving from a Standard ship to a Premium or Special ship

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
11 minutes ago, Drago25x said:

Can only trained to one ship (like tech tree ship), but can be put into different premium ship classes with skills set for the different classes. 

This^^^ if you have a lot of prem ships this feature is Amazing! For me it is the best part of the whole thing especially useful for unique commanders and prem ships that require a unique build 

Members
10,754 posts
18,476 battles

You can only use them on one tech tree ship if you move them it costs real money (doubloons) or you have to grind the points before the skills are available.

[GOB]
Members
2,511 posts
29 minutes ago, paradat said:

This^^^ if you have a lot of prem ships this feature is Amazing! For me it is the best part of the whole thing especially useful for unique commanders and prem ships that require a unique build 

Yeah I think you are correct.  I should have been focused on getting my  17 Unique Commanders to 19points  all this time not just hoarding that ECXP.   :cap_fainting:

A grinding we will go!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,171 posts
22,715 battles
32 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep. I am actually thinking about forgetting tech tree ships exist and tailor my captains for "roles". For instance, with German and French lines one captain will be built for secondary spec BB, Heavy Cruisers, and torpedo DD, another will be built for survival BB, Light Cruisers, and gunboat DD. It doesn't fit perfectly for niche builds but allows great flexibility if you have a number of premium ships.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

Yep. I am actually thinking about forgetting tech tree ships exist and tailor my captains for "roles". For instance, with German and French lines one captain will be built for secondary spec BB, Heavy Cruisers, and torpedo DD, another will be built for survival BB, Light Cruisers, and gunboat DD. It doesn't fit perfectly for niche builds but allows great flexibility if you have a number of premium ships.

Hmm interesting. I can see that. I will likely still use one tech tree ships and 3 prems...... but yeah there could be exceptions. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,825 battles
55 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

That is how I read it so far with a big ole BUT.........

You can only move that commander for FREE amongst your Premium ships.

Either this is a great thing and you can get one of your most powerful special commanders make it a 21 pointer  and use him on all classes for free ( premiums ) or I could be very very very wrong.  

Tech tree ships not so much.

Time will tell.

The multi-ship skill change is something I expect will only benefit a small percentage of players.

Tryhard min/maxers and those paying more than passing attention to the game news may get some benefit; the rest will be blissfuly unaware, or uninterested in even bothering with it.

Sign in to follow this