You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

$192 USD to get Captain from 19 to 21 in Doubloons

48 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles

Just ran the numbers, it would take 48,000 doubloons to get 1,200,000 million fxp needed to get a Captain from 19 to 21.  At 1$ for 250 doubloons, it would take $192 dollars American to accomplish that for one captain.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 2

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
115 posts
15,721 battles

Fortunately, you do not have to pay a single red cent if you so desire.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 3

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, echelon5 said:

Fortunately, you do not have to pay a single red cent if you so desire.

But I would be willing to pay a single red cent to cancel to skill rework.

• Haha 1

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
115 posts
15,721 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

I'm sure you can make the offer, let us know how it goes.

• Cool 2

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,205 battles
7 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Just ran the numbers, it would take 48,000 doubloons to get 1,200,000 million fxp needed to get a Captain from 19 to 21.  At 1$ for 250 doubloons, it would take $192 dollars American to accomplish that for one captain.  Merry Christmas y'all!

Commander XP is one of the fastest accruing resource in the game. Why would you ever convert free xp to level up a commander?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[GLF]
Members
1,075 posts
17,607 battles

Grinding new 19's out of 10pts was only taking me 2-3 weeks each.  I expect about the same for 19-21.  I have enough saved to bring up my top 6 to 21, then just play only those (which is even easier now because they can be used on multiple classes).  5-6 months and every last one of my 19s will be 21.  Gives me something to do and a goal to have besides mindlessly regrinding a ship line for a 7th time.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, _CPR said:

Commander XP is one of the fastest accruing resource in the game. Why would you ever convert free xp to level up a commander?

You won't be able to accrue Commander XP directly until you get a Commander to 21.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I offered to pay WG the price of a AAA game for a downloadable single-player PVE only version of WOWS a few months ago, locked in at the moment I downloaded it and running entirely on my PC.

That way, they could stop listening to me point out their problems, and I could stop putting up with them, and they'd never have another chance to pull the rug out again.

No response. 

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,120 posts
11,820 battles
29 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Yea why don't you give it a shot . 

Edited by clammboy

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
2 minutes ago, _CPR said:

People will pay it just to have the same thing they had (or as close to it as possible) the day before the patch.

Wargaming is basically nerfing you until you grind out 1.2m exp or pay them for that exp. 

[HINON]
Members
13,832 posts

I'll be doing it for free. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is just for those who are too impatient to level up their commander and just like the other free xp sinks that we have had for quite some time.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,205 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

You won't be able to accrue Commander XP directly until you get a Commander to 21.

You literally accrue ELITE COMMANDER XP on 19pt captains rn. I have about 10m commander xp saved up right now

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
13,832 posts
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Not accurate, all commanders below 21 will accrue some commander xp.

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
13,832 posts
Just now, Nutaz said:

after the rework you can NO longer accrue Commander XP on 21 pointers

You will at 100% just like the current 19 point system. 

• Thanks 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Not accurate, all commanders below 21 will accrue some commander xp.

That's why I said "directly" because there will still be the daily missions giving you 1000 command xp a day.  If you want to directly earn commander xp, you're going to need a 21.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,322 posts
17,497 battles
7 minutes ago, Sventex said:

No but you do get 5% on every battle and of course the best way to level a 19 to a 21 is to play that commander for 100% commander xp plus first win bonus. In some cases now you will be doing just that on 4 different ships and how important is 21 point in the new builds? Probably not going to be a reason to rush.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,120 posts
11,820 battles
21 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Just ran the numbers, it would take 48,000 doubloons to get 1,200,000 million fxp needed to get a Captain from 19 to 21.  At 1$ for 250 doubloons, it would take $192 dollars American to accomplish that for one captain.  Merry Christmas y'all!

That's assuming you have no Commander XP to begin with .You can get Commander XP just by playing the game throw on some flags and camos and you can do it easy . Always complaining about every change and the money trying to make into something it's not FXP  .Everybody knew about this for so long and I have been stock piling Commander XP for a while and it will cost me not a dime of my money to level up  .

Edited by clammboy
  • Thanks 1

[REVY]
Members
8,164 posts
6,118 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That's assuming you have no FXP to begin with .

I'm just quoting you the price, not assuming how wealthy you are.

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
7 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That's assuming you have no Commander XP to begin with .You can get Commander XP just by playing the game throw on some flags and camos and you can do it easy . Always complaining about every change and the money trying to make into something it's not FXP  .Everybody knew about this for so long and I have been stock piling Commander XP for a while and it will cost me not a dime of my money to level up  .

Careful, pointing out the ridiculousness of this will trigger some people. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,120 posts
11,820 battles
36 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I'm just quoting you the price, not assuming how wealthy you are.

But you don't need to convert FXP you can use Commander XP which is easy to get and they gave us plenty of notice so you could have starting stockpiling it long ago. The title of this thread is just another attention grabber only an idiot would convert 192.00 worth of doubloons for FXP to level up when he doesn't have too . Sorry but this thread is ridiculous.

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1