Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Thanagor_

FDR should be recalled with steel refunded. It is a ship that makes nobody happy.

18 comments in this topic

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,308 battles

I think the forum has seen enough complaints from the receiving end, but as someone who owns the ship, I'd also like to point out how frustrating this ship is to play and how little influence it has over a match. It is not only me, @Ahskance also mentioned in his stream that he dislikes FDR. 

Since this ship is not liked by either side, I hope WG may consider recalling it and refund people who bought it steel. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,828 battles
26 minutes ago, _Thanagor_ said:

I think the forum has seen enough complaints from the receiving end, but as someone who owns the ship, I'd also like to point out how frustrating this ship is to play and how little influence it has over a match. It is not only me, @Ahskance also mentioned in his stream that he dislikes FDR. 

Since this ship is not liked by either side, I hope WG may consider recalling it and refund people who bought it steel. 

Yeah well Ahskance said we should enjoy the feeling of being builled by CV's so I take his words with a bucket of salt. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,086 posts
27,743 battles
1 minute ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

Yeah well Ahskance said we should enjoy the feeling of being builled by CV's so I take his words with a bucket of salt. 

Oh I agree with this.  It's just great fun to be in a game where the CV focuses on you......and even double the fun when there are 2 CVs on each team.....so enjoyable.

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Oh I agree with this.  It's just great fun to be in a game where the CV focuses on you......and even double the fun when there are 2 CVs on each team.....so enjoyable.

Ohhh I had a game today. In my T7 DD. Double CV game. Askance just happened to be div'd with a super unicum CV player (not solo I noticed). We all had so much fun. Watching ships get double teamed left and right. My fave was shooting down a total of 2 rocket and 3 fighter planes as his T8 CV Super Unicum buddy rinsed my DD. Great times.... Maybe I just didn't dodge hard enough...... or stick with "AA Cover".... not that there was much team left to do that with....

[GGWP]
Members
7,218 posts
16,770 battles
13 minutes ago, Pay_Your_Torpedo_Tax said:

I've been enjoying this turned based table top game for 4 years, how about yourself? 

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,828 battles
1 minute ago, DuckyShot said:

I've been enjoying this turned based table top game for 4 years, how about yourself? 

according to WG, I've been hitting myself with a stick for just over 5 years now.... On 2 servers... with 3 accounts. I need help.... 

[SALVO]
Members
2,719 posts
6,801 battles
1 hour ago, _Thanagor_ said:

What is it exactly that you don't like about the FDR ?   From the receiving end it feels OP.  From the stats displayed on maplesyrup it is the most powerful CV ( i know, i know mostly better players have it).  It  was also the only other pick I constantly saw as a clan battle CV.     It seems so powerful to me that its right now my target as the next steel ship to buy.    So why shouldn't I spend my  steel on it ?

[SCK]
Members
156 posts
21,698 battles

What I understand from Ahskance is that it’s more of a damage farming CV than a team CV. But I’m also of the belief that if you farm enough damage, you kill the red team. However, I’m thinking the German and Japanese AP bombs is what really influences the match. 

I’m in the same boat though. I was planning on getting the FDR as my next steel ship. Now I have to consider the Somers since it’s going away.....and the Plymouth might be a great CB ship. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,281 battles

4qmfoz.jpg.1e5df5df5b40f04345335a2cae96c4e8.jpg

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,595 posts
4,223 battles

So because you don't like the ship you expect it to be fully refunded? Yeah that's not how that works.

[_DOS_]
Members
452 posts
3,564 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

No thanks.  I love my FDR.

Of course you do, it's one of the most overpowered and ridiculous ships in the game. Might as well give it F-18s or cruise missiles.

[SIM]
Members
5,590 posts
9,022 battles
17 minutes ago, EricT2015 said:

Might as well give it F-18s or cruise missiles.

This isn’t a row boat, we don’t need an oar.

F-18s AND cruise missiles! :Smile_playing:

Edited by SkaerKrow

[KSC]
Members
854 posts
11,464 battles
3 hours ago, _Thanagor_ said:

To be fair, Damage Farmers love it.  I'm not a damage farmer though, so I get constantly annoyed when I need to help with a situation and the cartoonishly large hammer of the FDR is too unwieldy to be of assistance.

[ROXY]
Members
306 posts
6 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

To be fair, Damage Farmers love it.  I'm not a damage farmer though, so I get constantly annoyed when I need to help with a situation and the cartoonishly large hammer of the FDR is too unwieldy to be of assistance.

I like MVR better, citadel damage is unhealable. (almost)

200k damage in MVR = win

300k damage in FDR = lose

[KSC]
Members
854 posts
11,464 battles
21 minutes ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

200k damage in MVR = win

On Battleships, yeah.  It's 10% healable.  33% on cruisers, so less than standard but more than expected.

Don't forget that Torpedoes to Torp Protection counts as citadel damage, so the FDR has more of it then you might think.

[ANKER]
Members
1,421 posts
11,471 battles
22 minutes ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

200k damage in MVR = win

Nice conversation we are having....

Which CV is more OP ??

Sign in to follow this