You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

2 things not mentioned in Skillz rework.

20 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts

Not hearing what is going to be done with Special /Armory Commanders.  Some have skills that cross over with the changes as far as Range increases, rate of fire etc. How will these  skills be adjusted so we keep the value of theses commander?

Special commanders will be getting all of my attention first with this change as they are the most valuable.

Prices of Commanders?

Currently we buy commanders with 10 points...  That is > 50% of the way to 19 points now.

What will they have now that they will have < 50% than the points needed to get to Elite?

Cost less? Come with 11 points?

These would be minor details if it weren't for that new 1.2 M ECXP needed to get to elite that is required now.

Still many shoes yet  to drop in this change.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,783 battles
26 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Not hearing what is going to be done with Special /Armory Commanders.  Some have skills that cross over with the changes as far as Range increases, rate of fire etc. How will these  skills be adjusted so we keep the value of theses commander?

Special commanders will be getting all of my attention first with this change as they are the most valuable.

Prices of Commanders?

Currently we buy commanders with 10 points...  That is > 50% of the way to 19 points now.

What will they have now that they will have < 50% than the points needed to get to Elite?

Cost less? Come with 11 points?

These would be minor details if it weren't for that new 1.2 M ECXP needed to get to elite that is required now.

Still many shoes yet  to drop in this change.

A 10 point captain is nowhere close to 50% of a 19 point captain. It's a fraction of the xp needed to get it to 19 points. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts
10 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

A 10 point captain is nowhere close to 50% of a 19 point captain. It's a fraction of the xp needed to get it to 19 points. 

Please.... I can do simple math. I would hope you would give me credit for that.

What is going on with everyone ???

Did I say the CXP is 50%????

Or did I ACTUALLY say 10 POINTS is over 50% of 19 POINTS???

It's easy to win an argument that never existed.

Emotions are making people so angry they are just flailing at everyone for no reason because they don't like what WG is doing.

I see there is no way to have a discussion here until all the unfocused rage settles down.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[PISD]
Members
1,711 posts
5,856 battles
44 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

That is > 50% of the way to 19 points now.

And yet it is what you said, and not accurate. If 10 points is a little bit more than 50% the maximum number of point that you can it, it is only slightly over 10% of the way to 19 pts in term of actual exp.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,496 battles
7 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

And yet it is what you said, and not accurate. If 10 points is a little bit more than 50% the maximum number of point that you can it, it is only slightly over 10% of the way to 19 pts in term of actual exp.

You completely ignore this part of his poast -

"Cost less? Come with 11 points?"

Please focus.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

56 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Is it hard to admit your mistake iso going off on this guy?

Edited by Learux
  • Cool 2

Members
226 posts
8,711 battles
21 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Please.... I can do simple math. I would hope you would give me credit for that.

Emotions are making people so angry they are just flailing at everyone for no reason because they don't like what WG is doing.

I see there is no way to have a discussion here until all the unfocused rage settles down.

The points scale is not linear, it is logarithmic. So 10 points is not over 50% of 19 points.

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,783 battles
26 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I got no problems with your math, it's obviously a grammar problem that you need help with. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,496 battles
1 minute ago, DuckyShot said:

I got no problems with your math, it's obviously a grammar problem that you need help with. 

Ducky - this is crux of his question

"Cost less? Come with 11 points?"

How is this continually missed?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,130 posts
11,828 battles
Just now, DuckyShot said:

I think the Col just forgot to type the word OVER . I do it all the time skip words the point is we knew what he was talking about so it's no biggie even if he got a little curt.

[PISD]
Members
1,711 posts
5,856 battles
17 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

You completely ignore this part of his poast -

"Cost less? Come with 11 points?"

Please focus. 

Which I am.

And even then, it do not make sense since 10% exp of the new 21 pts commander will probably be somewhere around 13 pts.

And the reason for the 10pts was not to be ''roughly half way'', but to have one 4 pts skill.

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,783 battles
Just now, clammboy said:

I think the Col just forgot to type the word OVER . I do it all the time skip words the point is we knew what he was talking about so it's no biggie even if he got a little curt.

No the problem was the use of the word "way". "50% of the way to 19 points" 

It would be like me saying I'm going on vacation to visit 19 towns, it's a journey of 1000 miles and the first 10 towns are within the first 100 miles. After visiting the 10th town, I tell my kids that we are over halfway there. 

But regardless of semantics, the percentage of loss between the amount of XP for 10 points versus 19 or 21 is fairly small. 

[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,066 battles
59 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

I got no problems with your math, it's obviously a grammar grammatical problem that you need help with. 

If we gonna be pedantic lets not miss any steps .

Carry on :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,783 battles
1 minute ago, MizzenMast said:

If we gonna be pedantic lets not miss any steps .

Carry on :cap_popcorn:

You also missed the obvious one with "got"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles
1 hour ago, DuckyShot said:

It would be like me saying I'm going on vacation to visit 19 towns, it's a journey of 1000 miles and the first 10 towns are within the first 100 miles. After visiting the 10th town, I tell my kids that we are over halfway there. 

Ohhh this seems like a fun lunch time argument.  Just to point out but if your collecting stickers and get one in every town you'd be over half way done the collection.  So at 10 points you do have  just over half the total 19 points.  

Edited by eviltane
  • Haha 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,783 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Ohhh this seems like a fun lunch time argument.  Just to point out but if your collecting stickers and get one in every town you'd be over half way done the collection.  So at 10 points you do have  just over half the total 19 points.  

Only if they are scratch and sniff. 

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles
2 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Only if they are scratch and sniff. 

The way I know my kids the stickers will me sniffed and licked and properbly put on the windows at which point I will have to scratch em off. . 

Edited by eviltane