You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gebert906

Tiny, insignificant wish, but...

9 comments in this topic

[G-4W]
Members
161 posts
6,445 battles

Since we have all of these changes coming with commanders, can WG please allow us to change their portraits/names after recruitment or getting them with a ship? At least a portrait change would suffice and would really help when sorting through commanders as opposed to having a bunch with the same portrait/names that are trained to different ships, plus immersion. Anyone else want this? I have for awhile, even for credits or something. 

[VOP]
Members
888 posts
1 minute ago, gebert906 said:

Since we have all of these changes coming with commanders, can WG please allow us to change their portraits/names after recruitment or getting them with a ship? At least a portrait change would suffice and would really help when sorting through commanders as opposed to having a bunch with the same portrait/names that are trained to different ships, plus immersion. Anyone else want this? I have for awhile, even for credits or something. 

Not really. I am not sure how it enhances immersion in a meaningful way. Once a person leaves port, the captain's portrait is no longer visible. I do not feel port is a place where immersion is experienced. WG would either need to spend resources to create more images or allow a player to import his own, which could create issues. However, I do not captain swap. I have a bunch of captains in reserve that get assigned to new ships though. I just grab the one that has the skill points I need and assign them. All my reserve captains still have their skills reset. But they would need retraining. If this is implemented, you can bet it would not be for credits but for doubloons.

[G-4W]
Members
161 posts
6,445 battles
25 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

That was a feature they removed.

Really? Wasn’t aware of that 

[EQRN]
Members
2,166 posts
19,116 battles

When I first started playing the game 3 years ago (/sigh) one could select the portrait, not sure when it was turned off.

[G-4W]
Members
161 posts
6,445 battles
37 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Not really. I am not sure how it enhances immersion in a meaningful way. Once a person leaves port, the captain's portrait is no longer visible. I do not feel port is a place where immersion is experienced. WG would either need to spend resources to create more images or allow a player to import his own, which could create issues.

Not sure many resources would need to be dedicated to it. I mean you’re able to cycle through portraits and names when you recruit a commander. What I’m looking for is the ability to do the exact same thing, just after recruitment/getting one with a ship. Also, I’m not even really asking for more portraits (though the only nation that could definitely use more is Italy, who only has like 3 portraits if my memory serves me correctly)

I know this is silly to talk about in the grand scheme of things, which is why I titled the thread the way I did haha

Edited by gebert906

[GOB]
Members
2,503 posts

I would pay to swap a few commanders for Traditional Military commanders.  I have a few Anime ones I just don't use and would love to have a few more 10 pointers.  The only non traditional commander I use it CAP.  I SWEAR.. A glass of single malt and playing CAP is all I need to forget a bad day.  He absolutely cracks me up!!!:cap_rambo::cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
22,715 battles
47 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

When I first started playing the game 3 years ago (/sigh) one could select the portrait, not sure when it was turned off.

37 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I would like to at least change the names of the captains

Apparently you can do that now during recruitment but not after,

Screenshot_1.jpg

and with 10.0. Have to check PT or when released to see the scope.

image.png.a4dd89bc13d97eb8dd3a2aa2e0953755.png

Edited by Khafni