You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmdr_bigdog

21 pt capt retraining

6 comments in this topic

[GRETA]
Members
444 posts
16,417 battles

No one has seemed to notice;

With the new 21 point skill reset you can have your commander on other ship classes. 

With the latest Dev blog it has become clear putting/sharing a commander with another ship requires retraining and will not be free.

It will be a reduced cost of 50 doubloons. 

Oh goody, if you complete some special missions you can earn enough to retrain 22 commanders. 

Yes....but ....no.  Its retrain commanders for 22 ships not retrain 22 commanders.

[SYN]
Members
3,746 posts
23,955 battles

The whole thing as a blatant cash grab.   That's the whole point.

• Thanks 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
94 posts
24,020 battles

Yeah this move on their part might be the thing that makes me finally quit this game.

[PVE]
Members
502 posts
19,131 battles

So I have 34 19 pt commanders, i have enough ECXP to promote about 12 to 21 pointers, thats alot of ships without elite commanders that I won't be playing now that their commanders don't produce ECXP, mostly tech tree ships

How the hell is this good for the game?

[WHEE]
Members
36 posts
9,875 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, cmdr_bigdog said:

With the new 21 point skill reset you can have your commander on other ship classes. 

With the latest Dev blog it has become clear putting/sharing a commander with another ship requires retraining and will not be free.

Oh goody, if you complete some special missions you can earn enough to retrain 22 commanders. 

Yes....but ....no.  Its retrain commanders for 22 ships not retrain 22 commanders.

WOWS Come on really! I ALREDY PAID

If I pay and “train” my Captain in the Destroyer Gearing

Then

Pay and “train” him in the Cruiser Des Moines

Then

Pay and “train” him in the Battleship Montana

WHY am I paying Elite XP, Doubloons, or Earning XP to unlock his skills to move him between those ships

I ALREDY PAID

If I do not move him from the DD/CA/BB/CV I trained the captain on, I should be able to move the captain freely amongst them without cost or penalty.

What is the point of training on multiple ship types if I cannot freely swap between the types?

You are double charging us to keep the captain on the ships he is paid-trained on - - WOWs FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

How about 3 builds for the same ship type? I could have a Brawler, Midrange, and Sniper build for my BBs. Of course, you could charge 1500 doubloons to swap sets on the same ship.

I did not have these types of problems with pong.

Old and Tired but not surprised.

Gramps

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,321 posts
17,497 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 6:17 AM, cmdr_bigdog said:

I think the real power of this option is when you have a lot of prem ships. My unique commander just became way more valuable to me. I will use it as retrain up to 22 commanders because I will only be moving the commanders to a new tech tree ship once. Even with the crazy large fleet I have it is unlikely I will be moving 22 commanders most of them are already on a ship that makes sense.