You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Elite XP clarification (from Dev Blog post) needed

12 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
421 posts
22,162 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Dev Blog entry here:  https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/107

Statement:

"How much XP is needed to level up a commander from 19 to 21 skill points?

It will require 1,200,000 XP. Yes, it is a new stage of growth for commanders in our game: they get more simultaneous active skills, but it requires effort to unlock them all. This is the basis of our game - progression.

At the same time, it should be considered that commanders with 19 skill points are still strong in battle and do not lose their efficiency with the new system.

An additional 5% of Elite XP which will be earned by all commanders with less than the maximum amount of skill points will help in the process of leveling up."

Clarification

I like to have a minimum of a 10 point commander in the boats that I play.  I use elite xp to "power them up" or "buy them out of penalty."  I don't care much about 19 (or 21) pointers other than to make Elite XP.   I only have a few 19 pointers total.

Does the bolded statement above mean that ALL commanders will get:

1)  Elite xp every battle?

and if so 2) will it be greater (by 5%) than the "normal" commander xp gained in a battle?

or 3)  does this mean something else?

Thanks in advance

PS - Also would be nice if the wiki pages for the commander skills were updated by actual people and not a "based on what they are set to now best guesses" once this goes live. We will have limited time to reskill commanders - it would be nice for some hints there.

Beta Testers
334 posts
7,142 battles

You will get elite commander XP every battle. 5% of the Commander XP if the Captain is not maxed out, 100% if he is. The 5% is separate from the normal commander XP.

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,786 battles
28 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

@Hapa_Fodder

This is the basis of our game - progression.

Untrue.  This is a money grab pure and simple.  This and the massive nerfs coming with the Captain Skill @$#%@ may be what finally drives me away.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[VOP]
Members
875 posts

@Hapa_Fodder This is from the dev blog:

"Besides, to let you further experiment with commander retraining:

• Players with 8 Access Level of Service Record and higher will get 500 doubloons on the first login to the game during 0.10.0:
  • There will be 6 special combat missions in 0.10.0, one for each nation with more than one full tech tree branch. The reward for completing each mission is 100 doubloons.

In total 1,100 doubloons may be obtained. This amount will be sufficient to retrain 22 commanders in 0.10.0."

Are these special mission going to be able to be completed in coop? Or are they random only?

[WOLFG]
Members
11,088 posts
10,324 battles
1 minute ago, Airjellyfish said:

Are these special mission going to be able to be completed in coop? Or are they random only?

I expect to be disappointed by the answer to this question.

[VOP]
Members
875 posts
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I expect to be disappointed by the answer to this question.

Yes, indeed. Why should there be a bright point in the captain rebork?

[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,826 battles
1 hour ago, Airjellyfish said:

Would I be surprised if it’s random only?

But I’d honestly save those doubloons to get Massachusetts before she goes the way of the dodo.

Edited by tfcas119

[FORM]
Members
266 posts
1,823 battles
2 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Yes, indeed. Why should there be a bright point in the captain rebork?

Maybe using spit as a lube kinda thing?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
501 posts
19,070 battles

So all my 19 pt commanders reduced to 5% earners?! And 1 200,000 to get them to 21?

What a disgusting, blatant rip-off of long time players with alot of elite commanders 

[BTLST]
Members
682 posts
10,692 battles

OK, we now know that each 19 point captain will need 1,200,000 Captain Skill Points to advance a single captain from 19 to 21 points.   A pretty large number!   My fleet is only 162 ships and I currently only have 7 19 point captains, meaning I'll have to generate 8,400,000 captain skill points just to return to the income those 19 point captains were generating for me.   Let us say I was able, and I won't be, to dismiss enough captains to move one of my current 19 point captains up to 21 points.   Divide 1,200,000 points by 150 (the amount a single Doubloon will purchase) and I will need 8,000 Doubloons, which In US Dollars 8,000 would cost me $32.00!    So to return my 19 point loss captain income it would cost me 8,400,000 Captain Skill Points divided by 150 per doubloon and I will need 56,000 Doubloons which will cost $224.00 US Dollars!    

I understand improving the game but the loss of income, only replaced by 5% earned by all captains of all point levels, I'm still losing 95% of my former income.   YES, I understand all my captains will now be making a never before earned Captaint's XP Points of 5%.     No matter how you slice and dice these new and added costs are being imposed on each of us, that in my own opinion is excessive.   Especially when you look at the recent increases in the cost of ships in US Dollars, FXP, and Doubloons.  Currently, I can purchase 10 point captains in the Armory for 1,500 Doubloons or $6 versus this newly announced valuation of 1,750 Doubloons or $7 

Wargaming needs to rethink this while remembering the Puerto Rico Dockyard fiasco that just recently occurred because the way you are removing income from those of us with 19 point captains has a very foul odor to it.   The new 5% Elite Captain Skill Points all captains will earn should have always been in the game in my humble opinion, so I really do not view that as a bonus but merely as a correction of something that should be been occurring all along.

[PVE]
Members
4,778 posts
21,093 battles
3 hours ago, BruDog1970 said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Dev Blog entry here:  https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/107

Statement:

This is the basis of our game - progression.

@Hapa_Fodder   -  Progression>?

How is reducing the "real value" of an item, in this case, a 19 point Captain it took you "months to create;" so, that that Captain can "earn 100% of their skill achieve XP;" now, has lost 95% of that value; AND, in many of the ships they serve, those ships loose revenue generation capabilities by intentional "nerf's" to reduce their effectiveness, make any sense in terms of progression?  Progressing to what????  Loss of value?  Loss of time?

Take the CL's and the AFT question if you are questioning my logic.....  I lose 95% of that Atlanta's nineteen point CPT ECXP income; and then, since this is a process you say is a progression, the TT ship he serves loses weapon effective range, that places that ship closer to the enemy wall of battle:.......which means, that this ship is reduced in effectiveness by the percentage of range loss.......  Progression towards what? 

Progression?  Sounds a lot like Regression..........an intentional devaluation of the player base...........a customer lose-lose situation to me.........