You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

OMG The Kansas is a suck [edited]ship....Fix it WG

42 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,195 posts

Pick up a handful of gravel and throw it....that it what is is like firing the 16 guns from the Kansas.  Accuracy is the worst I have seen on any T8 battleship.  The armor is that of the Amagi or worse, and to top it all off......40 second reloads.  I can only get around 50K of damage a game with this pig.  The inaccurate guns, with shells that like to shatter and bounce when they do hit, and the stupid 40 second reload.   I just got done grinding the Colorado where I did 80-100k damage per game with 1/2 the number of guns that the Kansas has.  Way to go WG, you made nothing but an AA beast that moves like an island......[edited]boring and absurd.

Yeah, I know WG did a small buff to the sigma......it is not even close to being enough to fix this pig.

Rant over.....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,268 posts
9,893 battles
10 minutes ago, db4100 said:

Pick up a handful of gravel and throw it....that it what is is like firing the 16 guns from the Kansas.  Accuracy is the worst I have seen on any T8 battleship.  The armor is that of the Amagi or worse, and to top it all off......40 second reloads.  I can only get around 50K of damage a game with this pig.  The inaccurate guns, with shells that like to shatter and bounce when they do hit, and the stupid 40 second reload.   I just got done grinding the Colorado where I did 80-100k damage per game with 1/2 the number of guns that the Kansas has.  Way to go WG, you made nothing but an AA beast that moves like an island......[edited]boring and absurd.

Yeah, I know WG did a small buff to the sigma......it is not even close to being enough to fix this pig.

Rant over.....

It’s getting another buff.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
13 minutes ago, db4100 said:

that it what is is like firing the 16 guns from the Kansas.

Kansas has TWELVE main guns.

13 minutes ago, db4100 said:

with 1/2 the number of guns that the Kansas has.

If you're going to complain about a ship, you should make at least half an effort to make it look as though you know what you're talking about.

There are two battleships in this game that have sixteen main guns, neither of them is American, and one of them is still in testing.

For sure, the Kansas has issues. She's not everyone's cup of tea and she was never supposed to be. But you're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you go spouting stuff that flat-out WRONG.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[WOLF9]
Members
164 posts
2,128 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 7:30 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Kansas has TWELVE main guns.

If you're going to complain about a ship, you should make at least half an effort to make it look as though you know what you're talking about.

There are two battleships in this game that have sixteen main guns, neither of them is American, and one of them is still in testing.

For sure, the Kansas has issues. She's not everyone's cup of tea and she was never supposed to be. But you're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you go spouting stuff that flat-out WRONG.

He's ranting....people embellish when they rant...exaggerating the situation conveys how absurd it is. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by SeaCat_
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[LWA]
Members
1,195 posts

well, I did exaggerate......but not this.  I am done grinding to the Vermont until WG [edited]fixes that POS Kansas......even if it takes years.

• Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
17 minutes ago, SeaCat_ said:

exaggerating the situation conveys how absurd it is.

Only to a certain point. Something like "She has shells like Venetian glass, loaded by sloths, and her gunnery is like a cross-eyed owl in daylight" would be something I could laugh along with and sympathize, because I just finished that damn grind and as with so many other ships she only really started behaving for me right at the end. Minnesota's shooting felt a lot better right from the start, and I haven't even put the upgrade slots in yet.

Blatant errors of fact (16 guns vs the actual 12) just turn me right off. I stop listening at that point.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF9]
Members
164 posts
2,128 battles
19 minutes ago, db4100 said:

well, I did exaggerate......but not this.  I am done grinding to the Vermont until WG [edited]fixes that POS Kansas......even if it takes years.

The Kansas has been in my port with no XP on it for this very reason ...I have time ... although I'm going to have to dust a snowflake off\.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles

Kansas is ok in coop, even fun. The ship is so pig-awful that her many problems and weaknesses make it fair to fight bots. She's hopeless in Randoms, and basically when I see one on my side I know we've lost.....

Members
67 posts
9,215 battles
57 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Kansas is ok in coop, even fun. The ship is so pig-awful that her many problems and weaknesses make it fair to fight bots. She's hopeless in Randoms, and basically when I see one on my side I know we've lost.....

i play mine pretty often, but when i see another kansas on my team, i think "oh 5h1t"

Edited by Huascar_Pride
my grammar 5uck5, i know

[WOLF2]
Members
1,654 posts
11,789 battles

Currently grinding Kansas, and I'm trying to get her to work.    While I've got a 67% win rate in her, I'm not getting a lot of damage.     Frankly, with her speed and reload, I'm not sure exactly the best way to play her.     Long range is meh.  It's pretty safe, but as much as she's up-tiered, the player base is smart enough to avoid shots that take 14+ seconds to reach them.    Cross-fire can work, as the players are usually focused on someone else.   Mid to close range, and the cruiser HE burns the deck away.     

I've been watching some of Potato Quality's videos on positioning and terrain, and trying to employ those tactics (+1 and thanks for the excellent commentary, PQ!).   That allows me to get in a bit closer and focus on the cap the game spawns me at.   That at least keeps my Kansas in the game.    But carry, it does not.

Just hoping the Minnesota makes it a little more enjoyable, once I finish this grind.

[G-4W]
Members
161 posts
6,437 battles

As someone who had SoDak20 near top of their wishlist of ships to be introduced to the game, I’m rather disappointed by how underwhelming she is. Speed? Not a problem for me. Its her designed speed. Reload? Ok, as long as the sigma is nice and shells hit hard....but that’s not the case. 

Another reminder that the ships you want introduced to the game likely won’t perform like you imagine they will. 

Edited by gebert906

[46856]
Members
1,873 posts

Have noticed that 2 or more Kansas's on my team equals a loss in my experience every time. I think WG  put them in to take some of the heat off CV's.

Edited by Chain_shot

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,778 posts
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

hmmm, beg to differ.

I mean in theory, yes, but coop usually has player DDs who can derp torp the bots before the Kansas can fire more than one salvo from its front guns (which will probably miss 5/6 shots and the one will be an overpen ) and then zip forward at twice its speed and do it again.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
2 hours ago, Dareios said:

hmmm, beg to differ.

I mean in theory, yes, but coop usually has player DDs who can derp torp the bots before the Kansas can fire more than one salvo from its front guns (which will probably miss 5/6 shots and the one will be an overpen ) and then zip forward at twice its speed and do it again.

It didnt seem to work out that way for me when I played it, but I play at off hours since I live in Taiwan...

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,778 posts
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It didnt seem to work out that way for me when I played it, but I play at off hours since I live in Taiwan...

yeah, you can definitely pick low pop times when its 2-3 humans and the rest bots, and then you can get some decent coop damage in with the slow BBs that way.

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles

The fact her sigma was nerfed so hard based on testing - and now being brought back  up from 1.5 to 1.7 based on general gameplay, makes my wonder. 

I feel like everyone and their mother said the ship traded everything for 3 more 16" rifles - and then they were nerfed into shogtun territory. Oh well, glad for the change. 

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[KILL]
Members
1,013 posts
11,536 battles

I just wish on the couple shells that actually hit the target,  at least one of them would pen.   3 or 4 games in,   still looking for my first pen in this thing.  :cap_old:

[-VT-]
Members
1,019 posts
27,501 battles
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:47 AM, DiddleDum said:

Currently grinding Kansas, and I'm trying to get her to work.    While I've got a 67% win rate in her, I'm not getting a lot of damage.     Frankly, with her speed and reload, I'm not sure exactly the best way to play her.     Long range is meh.  It's pretty safe, but as much as she's up-tiered, the player base is smart enough to avoid shots that take 14+ seconds to reach them.    Cross-fire can work, as the players are usually focused on someone else.   Mid to close range, and the cruiser HE burns the deck away.     

I've been watching some of Potato Quality's videos on positioning and terrain, and trying to employ those tactics (+1 and thanks for the excellent commentary, PQ!).   That allows me to get in a bit closer and focus on the cap the game spawns me at.   That at least keeps my Kansas in the game.    But carry, it does not.

Just hoping the Minnesota makes it a little more enjoyable, once I finish this grind.

Did you play in a Divisions to get this win rate?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, Taichunger said:

She's hopeless in Randoms, and basically when I see one on my side I know we've lost.....

I have a replay on YouTube in which our team rolled over the other. Our Kansas came in second place with 2000 base XP. I might even have the screenshot of the result saved; I'll try to find it.

You should be careful about making absolute statements, because they're the easiest to disprove.

I'll agree with @DiddleDum - she can be made to work, but unless and until her gunnery improves markedly (particularly the end-effect on target), she's nobody's 3000 BXP carry boat. Let's see what the 0.9.12 buffs (sigma, penetration) bring and judge her at the end of that.

One thing I will unequivocally concede: the Minnesota feels like a BIG step up.

• Meh 2

[PIZZA]
Members
1,104 posts
13,652 battles

Gun numbers means nothing. Reload and accuracy are those decisive factors. And sloww bootte is torps trap. 

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a replay on YouTube in which our team rolled over the other. Our Kansas came in second place with 2000 base XP. I might even have the screenshot of the result saved; I'll try to find it.

You should be careful about making absolute statements, because they're the easiest to disprove.

I'll agree with @DiddleDum - she can be made to work, but unless and until her gunnery improves markedly (particularly the end-effect on target), she's nobody's 3000 BXP carry boat. Let's see what the 0.9.12 buffs (sigma, penetration) bring and judge her at the end of that.

One thing I will unequivocally concede: the Minnesota feels like a BIG step up.

when it comes to the Minnie..If only they would give it the same shells as the N Carolina and then id agree with you. the last game i used my Minnie in i had 15 of 16 shells hit, and 1 overpen, and 1 penetration at 12kms, the rest? None penetration or torpedo armor it was idiotic. The glass shells is my biggest complaint with it. I can handle the reload, speed, and accuracy fine..If they want to buff the reload ill take it, but its not needed if its guns can pen.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You should be careful about making absolute statements, because they're the easiest to disprove..

Such a deep need to show that others have wrong opinions... 

• Boring 1