Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.0

209 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,403
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,297 posts
14,712 battles

Updates to the Commander skill system, Clan Brawls, Lunar New Year, and other new features.


Read it on the portal
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
1 post
6,537 battles
11 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Updates to the Commander skill system, Clan Brawls, Lunar New Year, and other new features.


Read it on the portal

G'day, what happens to the existing 19 point captains and any elite skill points left over?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
16 posts
5,020 battles
27 minutes ago, vARdis_Varga said:

G'day, what happens to the existing 19 point captains and any elite skill points left over?

Nothing happens to those: 19 point captains stay as 19 Point captains, and you still have all Elite XP as you did when the patch hits. So if you want to get the jump on getting those captains back to Elite status at 21 points, start saving up as much Elite XP as possible.

Edited by ShiroiWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,596 battles
19 minutes ago, vARdis_Varga said:

G'day, what happens to the existing 19 point captains and any elite skill points left over?

1. According to a previous post by Hapa, nothing, 19 pointers remain as they are and have to be ground or ECXP'ed up to 21 points.

2. I'd assume the ECXP pool remains 'untouched' as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[1701D]
Members
1 post
6,195 battles

In what will help to increase the range but decrease the accuracy, it was not clear whether the secondaries shot two enemies at the same time (one on each side of the ship) or more than two, if more than two it’s even worse, it’s going to split the number of secondaries a lot by shooting at a ship, losing their effectiveness of causing damage, one more thing, what are you going to do about the players who bought or spent resources on a ship because of the secondaries like, Massa, Georgia, Ohio and even Siegfried, these ships will be nerfed on this issue, mainly Sieg, I just hope you will review the proposals on the secondary ones.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[CS7]
[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
387 posts
5,039 battles
Quote
  • The message about the return of a squadron to their carrier has been removed.

I actually found this helpful. If I send a flight back early, and/or I'm fast cycling flights, I like to know when they've landed. Otherwise I have to try and find the tiny number on the aircraft indicator square that says how many planes I have on my deck. And without the indication I don't know if I've missed the "update" - am I waiting longer to see if the flight has landed, or have I missed it and they've already landed.

Please turn back on.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,052 posts
11,160 battles

I’m confused, is this the update coming potentially next week or after the dockyard?

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
102 posts
13,804 battles

I'm sure it's addressed somewhere, but does this mean that a commander can be trained/specialized for three (or I suppose four) different ships, one of each type? So, say, your North Carolina commander would also be specialized for, say, the Benson, the Cleveland, and the Lexington?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[TAZ]
Members
834 posts

WOW WG, this Commander skill rework is even WORSE than imagined; what a way to RIP OFF and Screw your player base.

  • Cool 17
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,035
[WOLFG]
Members
11,180 posts
10,408 battles
10 minutes ago, TANSTAAFL said:

I'm sure it's addressed somewhere, but does this mean that a commander can be trained/specialized for three (or I suppose four) different ships, one of each type? So, say, your North Carolina commander would also be specialized for, say, the Benson, the Cleveland, and the Lexington?

Near as I can tell, can only be specialized in one tech tree ship at a time.  So North Carolina captain could be specc'd for Salem and switch back and forth (using cruiser skills on Salem) at no cost, but would have to be retrained for Des Moines (and no longer specialized for North Carolina).

  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,052 posts
11,160 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Near as I can tell, can only be specialized in one tech tree ship at a time.  So North Carolina captain could be specc'd for Salem and switch back and forth (using cruiser skills on Salem) at no cost, but would have to be retrained for Des Moines (and no longer specialized for North Carolina).

This is my understanding also. The commander can be on any premium ship and now in any class due to different skills for each class. But can still only be assigned to one tech tree ship, not one in each class, one ship

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
46 posts
1,365 battles

I guess people weren't spending enough doubloons. They removed the means to use credits for commander acceleration.

Now, you have to buy doubloons to accelerate commander skills.

Otherwise, you'll have to retrain the commander completely.

I know the company is in business to make money, but this is nutz.

 

That's ok. I won't be playing much longer anyway.

Subs come in... I leave.

No threat, just promise.

Unlike WG, I don't break promises.

  • Cool 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[GIR]
Members
90 posts
11,591 battles

Will there still be a cost to move a captain between ships, since they are multi-spec'd now?   Why is such a major part of the game getting barely a month of large scale testing before being forced on the community? Did not learn anything from CV re-work or original Dock Yard still?  Shame.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[CS7]
[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
387 posts
5,039 battles
7 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

This is my understanding also. The commander can be on any premium ship and now in any class due to different skills for each class. But can still only be assigned to one tech tree ship, not one in each class, one ship

Each type of retraining would be done independently. So if you retrained from Buffalo to Des Moines, it would not reset the North Carolina skills.

Quote
  • Each skill section is reset separately from the others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

I noticed something new yet unannounced - looks like we will be able to change the captain name and avatar now. 

image.png.a4dd89bc13d97eb8dd3a2aa2e0953755.png

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,052 posts
11,160 battles
6 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

Each type of retraining would be done independently. So if you retrained from Buffalo to Des Moines, it would not reset the North Carolina skills.

 

Correct, but you still can’t assign him without retraining to more than one tech tree ship is all I was saying. Meaning he can’t be assigned to 1 tech tree bb and 1 tech tree dd, and 1 tech tree cruiser. Anytime you move him from a tech tree ship to any other tech tree ship he will need retrained I guess is the simpler way I should have said it

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles

I still see different opinions on whether one captain can be trained to four tech tree ships. As I understand it you cannot do that. @Hapa_Fodder can you confirm which captain is correct (or add clarification)?

Captain A

     DD - Any Premium

     CA - Any Premium

     BB - North Carolina

     CV - Any Premium

Captain B

     DD - Benson

     CA - Aoba

     BB - North Carolina

     CV - Midway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[TAZ]
Members
834 posts
17 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I noticed something new yet unannounced - looks like we will be able to change the captain name and avatar now. 

image.png.a4dd89bc13d97eb8dd3a2aa2e0953755.png

 

I think that those changes (avatar and name) ONLY applies to "0" points Commanders, as it is now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,520
[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
16 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I noticed something new yet unannounced - looks like we will be able to change the captain name and avatar now. 

image.png.a4dd89bc13d97eb8dd3a2aa2e0953755.png

 

You can change the captain name and avatar now, Khafni (but must change both name AND avatar when recruiting) ... see the "circle arrow" under the name.

 

Screenshot_1.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles
Just now, DocWalker said:

You can change the captain name and avatar now, Khafni (but must change both name AND avatar when recruiting) ... see the "circle arrow" under the name.

 

Screenshot_1.jpg

Dang! I never noticed that. Another unannounced QoL enhancement from a while ago, I guess. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,168 posts
22,715 battles
5 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

I think that those changes (avatar and name) ONLY applies to "0" points Commanders, as it is now.

That's probably why I never noticed it. I don't "deal" in zero pointers anymore!

Edited by Khafni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,520
[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
4 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Dang! I never noticed that. Another unannounced QoL enhancement from a while ago, I guess. Thanks!

You're welcome ... I only noticed it a year or 2 back!  I was like "Wait, WHAT?" :cap_wander_2:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,553 posts
21,289 battles

so my understanding of the development news if im correct   does that mean no matter what skill level the commander is   5% will go towards elite commander EXP's 

then when they reach  skill level 21  the 5% stops . 

if so then thats good  as grinding just to get them to 19 point was hard enough  for me anyway 

also  it mentions another clan brawl jan/feb     so when are we going to get regular clan battles or  is clan brawls  just going to be  the  norm   , if so  lets hope the rewards are better  than these now ranked  battles as there rewards are so under par  than before and not worth it 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,553 posts
21,289 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I’m confused, is this the update coming potentially next week or after the dockyard?

i think  0.9.10.0 will be around after the new year 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×