You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vego_Mohenjo

HMCS Haida... Advice?

3 comments in this topic

Members
109 posts
3,047 battles

So, being a good Canadian, living about 45 minutes from the ACTUAL HMCS HAIDA, I felt the need to purchase the ship in the game.  I've sailed her a few times now, maybe half a dozen missions, and I'm liking her so far.

Capsule review:

I'm finding her torpedoes hard to land, and they do kind of mediocre damage.  The accuracy issue is on me... I'll get used to them, and the ship IS capable of stealth strikes.

I'm finding her guns see lots of use, so I'm surprised how little harm they cause.  Even against enemy destroyers, it takes a LOT to put the enemy down.  However, their fire rate is great!

I'm a little disappointed that she doesn't have the Canadian Red Ensign, even as an option.  That's trivial though.

All in all, I'm pleased so far, but I'm unsure how to get the most out of her.  Any suggestions?  How do I make the Haida my favourite ship?

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 2:44 AM, Vego_Mohenjo said:

So, being a good Canadian, living about 45 minutes from the ACTUAL HMCS HAIDA, I felt the need to purchase the ship in the game.  I've sailed her a few times now, maybe half a dozen missions, and I'm liking her so far.

Capsule review:

I'm finding her torpedoes hard to land, and they do kind of mediocre damage.  The accuracy issue is on me... I'll get used to them, and the ship IS capable of stealth strikes.

I'm finding her guns see lots of use, so I'm surprised how little harm they cause.  Even against enemy destroyers, it takes a LOT to put the enemy down.  However, their fire rate is great!

I'm a little disappointed that she doesn't have the Canadian Red Ensign, even as an option.  That's trivial though.

All in all, I'm pleased so far, but I'm unsure how to get the most out of her.  Any suggestions?  How do I make the Haida my favourite ship?

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
On 12/16/2020 at 2:44 AM, Vego_Mohenjo said:

Capsule review:

She is great at what she does, kill dds with creeping smoke,hydro,low detection, highest dpm tier 7 dd and 1900 per shell he.....her down sides are AA,speed,agility.....she isn't great again bigger ships because of lack of alpha strike..as in 2 sets of torps