Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ramp4ge

Meanwhile, over on Tonks.

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/639085-crew-20-everything-you-need-to-know-the-most-complete-translation/#topmost

 

They're getting the same crew rework shoved down their throats as we are, in a very similar "It's already done get ready for it you'll have fun we promise" method as we are. Their individual crewmembers are being reworked into one single commander (like WoWS) and instead of crew %, the commander will have 75(!) levels in which to distribute skill points.

 

Nobody over on Tonks asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Just like nobody here asked for this. Nobody here wants this.

 

It's going to be entertaining to see if the (much more vocal) Tonks community has anymore impact on the direction of this than the somewhat more subdued Botes community. 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,371
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles

Glad I invested every resource I had into my Hellcat crew:Smile_facepalm:. Hopefully that will translate to something useful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,077
[SALVO]
Members
25,821 posts
28,153 battles
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

Nobody over on Tonks asked for this. Nobody wanted this.

Have you spoken to EVERY SINGLE player of WOT?  I sincerely doubt it.  Thus, you cannot claim to know that nobody has asked for this or wants this.

  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Have you spoken to EVERY SINGLE player of WOT?  I sincerely doubt it.  Thus, you cannot claim to know that nobody has asked for this or wants this.

 

Do you see any vocal support for the new system? Or are you just assuming it's there despite the fact that it has not seemed to materialize at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
513 posts
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Have you spoken to EVERY SINGLE player of WOT?  I sincerely doubt it.  Thus, you cannot claim to know that nobody has asked for this or wants this.

Learn the difference between literally and figuratively. 

Edited by OuijaApologist
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,077
[SALVO]
Members
25,821 posts
28,153 battles
2 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

Do you see any vocal support for the new system? Or are you just assuming it's there despite the fact that it has not seemed to materialize at all?

No, you're the one who made the claim to speak for everybody when you  said that nobody asked for or wanted the WoT skill rework, despite the obvious truth that there's no way that you had any basis in f act to make such claims.

All I'm doing is pointing out the blatant silliness of your groundless claims.

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,077
[SALVO]
Members
25,821 posts
28,153 battles
4 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

Calm down Karen, learn the difference between literally and figuratively. 

"Literally" is for people who have an understanding of the facts of a case.  "Figuratively" is for people who don't but want to make it sound like they do anyways.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

No, you're the one who made the claim to speak for everybody when you  said that nobody asked for or wanted the WoT skill rework, despite the obvious truth that there's no way that you had any basis in f act to make such claims.

All I'm doing is pointing out the blatant silliness of your groundless claims.

 

Then likewise there's no way you can tell me I'm incorrect.

 

As someone else said, learn the difference between literally and figuratively. Because using your own rule I can just as easily say that you can't tell me I'm wrong because you haven't talked to every single World of Tanks player.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

"Literally" is for people who have an understanding of the facts of a case.  "Figuratively" is for people who don't but want to make it sound like they do anyways.

 

Not even close, but okay.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
513 posts
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

"Literally" is for people who have an understanding of the facts of a case.  "Figuratively" is for people who don't but want to make it sound like they do anyways.

Not even a good guess. 

Edited by OuijaApologist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,412
[RLGN]
Members
15,167 posts
26,804 battles
32 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

Glad I invested every resource I had into my Hellcat crew:Smile_facepalm:. Hopefully that will translate to something useful

Doing so I managed to get ONE tank, where each crew member had ONE skill point, (M-24 Chaffee,) before I came to the conclusion that the entire effort was pointless.

Basically everything amounted to, in the end, ‘no fun.’

Die too fast to learn anything, get constant toxic chat, (at least until cross team chat was blocked, and occasionally even after that,) the perception you’re always fighting maxed out tanks and crews and players who already know maps to the Nth degree, mission requirements seemingly written only for deep purples...

Doubt this will do anything to get me to go back; more likely it will just drive me further away from tanks.

(if that’s even possible...)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles

Have 250 tanks wasting there with good crews have not touched it in three years....................and don't much miss it , but removing all your crew members when you wasted so much time and money to increase their skills ! ! !  that's got to hurt man . I would be pissed . For sure never going back  now . My hunch is  , quite a few players will leave just out of pure anger..................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,077
[SALVO]
Members
25,821 posts
28,153 battles
19 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

Then likewise there's no way you can tell me I'm incorrect.

 

As someone else said, learn the difference between literally and figuratively. Because using your own rule I can just as easily say that you can't tell me I'm wrong because you haven't talked to every single World of Tanks player.

 

I don't have to.  In any logical situation, the person making the claim is responsible for proving their case.  All I have to do is show that you're wrong in one instance to disprove your claim, which is always super easy when one claims to speak for everybody.  Just pointing out that there's no way that you could have spoken to every single player of WoT is sufficient to show that you're wrong.

You clearly don't understand how logical arguments actually work in the real world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I don't have to.  In any logical situation, the person making the claim is responsible for proving their case.

 

You are making the claim that my claim is incorrect because I have not talked to every WoT player.

 

So by your own logic, without talking to every WoT player to know if I talked to them, you are, yourself, making a baseless claim.

 

Unless you're speaking figuratively. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Crucis said:

You clearly don't understand how logical arguments actually work in the real world.  

 

This coming from someone who doesn't understand figurative language. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,469
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,486 posts
14,823 battles

Their crew skill system is broken as all get out as there is no limit to points spent so you get heavy tanks that have the full set of scouting skills while not giving up anything on the offensive side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,749
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/639085-crew-20-everything-you-need-to-know-the-most-complete-translation/#topmost

 

They're getting the same crew rework shoved down their throats as we are, in a very similar "It's already done get ready for it you'll have fun we promise" method as we are. Their individual crewmembers are being reworked into one single commander (like WoWS) and instead of crew %, the commander will have 75(!) levels in which to distribute skill points.

 

Nobody over on Tonks asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Just like nobody here asked for this. Nobody here wants this.

 

It's going to be entertaining to see if the (much more vocal) Tonks community has anymore impact on the direction of this than the somewhat more subdued Botes community. 

 

Same real motivations as doing it to WOWS, none of which have anything to do with improving the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,426
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,321 posts
17,497 battles

I logged in the other day to claim the super chaffee. I really need to get a few battles in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,095
[WOLFG]
Members
31,344 posts
9,637 battles
16 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

No one asked for a Captain rework

Actually, I did. Sorry..........:Smile_hiding:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,946
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Their crew skill system is broken as all get out as there is no limit to points spent so you get heavy tanks that have the full set of scouting skills while not giving up anything on the offensive side.

 

There are only so many skills per crewman. Once you have all 5/6 skills per crewman (depending on the crewman) there's really nothing else to grind for on that crew.

 

I mean, a full set of 'scouting' skills on a heavy tank still isn't going to give that heavy tank near as much benefit as the same skills on a light tank, which would can also benefit from the same skills the heavy tank can, but won't gain nearly as much as the heavy tank in skills like Controlled Impact.

 

Every tank can get every skill. It's really not any benefit to anyone over anyone else if the same amount of effort (or money) is put in. I don't think it's broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,469
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,486 posts
14,823 battles
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

 

There are only so many skills per crewman. Once you have all 5/6 skills per crewman (depending on the crewman) there's really nothing else to grind for on that crew.

 

I mean, a full set of 'scouting' skills on a heavy tank still isn't going to give that heavy tank near as much benefit as the same skills on a light tank, which would can also benefit from the same skills the heavy tank can, but won't gain nearly as much as the heavy tank in skills like Controlled Impact.

 

Every tank can get every skill. It's really not any benefit to anyone over anyone else if the same amount of effort (or money) is put in. I don't think it's broken. 

True but it gives a giant advantage when that bottom tier medium tank that is being leveled tries and fails to scout because their gun is useless. Don't forget that a heavy tank can have five crew so that is a lot of skills.

Edited by BrushWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,322 posts
40 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, you're the one who made the claim to speak for everybody when you  said that nobody asked for or wanted the WoT skill rework, despite the obvious truth that there's no way that you had any basis in f act to make such claims.

All I'm doing is pointing out the blatant silliness of your groundless claims.

In the future I suggest anyone who thinks everyone is in agreement should note Crucis is excluded in the assessment.

He is like Mikey he hates everything. "Except what he likes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[-BCO-]
Members
1,249 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, ramp4ge said:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/639085-crew-20-everything-you-need-to-know-the-most-complete-translation/#topmost

 

They're getting the same crew rework shoved down their throats as we are, in a very similar "It's already done get ready for it you'll have fun we promise" method as we are. Their individual crewmembers are being reworked into one single commander (like WoWS) and instead of crew %, the commander will have 75(!) levels in which to distribute skill points.

 

Nobody over on Tonks asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Just like nobody here asked for this. Nobody here wants this.

 

It's going to be entertaining to see if the (much more vocal) Tonks community has anymore impact on the direction of this than the somewhat more subdued Botes community. 

Yep. While I don't play Wot I had seen that tangentially. I even wanted to start a thread about it . "Look at Wot!! MAke Wows like WOOTT"!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×