You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
You13

opinions about ships with steel

23 comments in this topic

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,450 battles

after long long grind for steel I think I will be able to purchase a ship with coupon.

I am a battleship player mostly. I got Moskova so not too sure if I want Stalingrad. I got all the CVs as well and I am fifty fifty about FDR.

I personally loved Alsac and want Bourgogne.

ShityShima is out of the question for me since it sucks so much.

It took me a while to accumulate the steel so whats your opinion guys. this is my first steel purchase.

Edited by You13
typo

[-TKS-]
Members
271 posts
9,087 battles

I'm a DD main and play a ton of CBs, i had 50k steel. And decided to go with the plymouth.... all the steel ships are worth buying really.

[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,596 battles
41 minutes ago, You13 said:

after long long grind for steel I think I will be able to purchase a ship with coupon.

I am a battleship player mostly. I got Moskova so not too sure if I want Stalingrad. I got all the CVs as well and I am fifty fifty about FDR.

It took me a while to accumulate the steel so whats your opinion guys. this is my first steel purchase.

If you love Alsace, the Burgerone is an easy choice as you're getting a ship that has the same basic playstyle but is seriously buffed even over the pre nerf Alsace.

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,450 battles
3 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

If you love Alsace, the Burgerone is an easy choice as you're getting a ship that has the same basic playstyle but is seriously buffed even over the pre nerf Alsace.

i am stuck between FDR and Alsac to be honest

Members
3,664 posts
42,480 battles

Could be a while before you get a clear picture because some of the choices are new and some are getting a bit old .

Maybe ask your clan mates what they are getting?

But also, go with your strengths. What ship types that you have the most fun with?

Start from there, but also look at it in the long term because some ship types will be affected by the new captain skills.

They might be good now, but bad later.

To get an idea, let's hope the new skills are tested.

If they are live on PT, then I suggest looking into if time permits. It will help in your purchasing decision.

Members
3,664 posts
42,480 battles
6 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

That's why it's called the Burger King.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
271 posts
5,019 battles
4 hours ago, You13 said:

I'd wager my wig they will either nerf FDR or make a new steel CV that will stomp it. Probably Russian

• Haha 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,780 posts
5,429 battles

Plymouth is a little slower shooting but has both radar and smoke. Find that DD and erase same. I like the US Somers myself. Been fighting a increasing number of those. Slavas die too easily. And the rest of the ships eh... nah.

I am about a year from having enough steel for that. I only have 4000 on hand and thats 6 months work more or less. So who knows.

[FORM]
Members
1,964 posts
12,614 battles
5 hours ago, You13 said:

You answered your own question,and you won't regret it.

[TIGRB]
Members
368 posts
1,740 battles

My dream ships are two I will never have. I have only 1 tier 9 ship and it's hard to grind and study and do odd jobs all at the same time. I don't do clan battles so getting steel at a snails pace is the best I can do. A little over 3,000 in a year. The tier 5 Italian BB Cesare is not available and the tier 10 French BB Bourgogne is impossible for me to get so I'm stuck. Being a kid stinks.:fish_viking:

• Sad 1

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,450 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

You answered your own question,and you won't regret it.

I know, but i want to make the right choice here

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,944 battles

Stalin is a battleship disguised as a cruiser... very useful in competitive. 

• Cool 1

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,450 battles
1 hour ago, HeidiAngel said:

My dream ships are two I will never have. I have only 1 tier 9 ship and it's hard to grind and study and do odd jobs all at the same time. I don't do clan battles so getting steel at a snails pace is the best I can do. A little over 3,000 in a year. The tier 5 Italian BB Cesare is not available and the tier 10 French BB Bourgogne is impossible for me to get so I'm stuck. Being a kid stinks.:fish_viking:

same here, after 4 years of playing i finally have enough with coupon to buy something. I don't think i will have enough for FDR and i might have to wait a bit to get more steel if i decide to go with FDR.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,780 posts
5,429 battles

I am reminded when I was young we did not have much of anything. Walk uphill 4 miles each way daily etc and so on. The next thing I did after I got grown was to get out of the crazy family and just be. When its all on you to provide for yourself (And wife etc) then life becomes pretty enjoyable. I don't think anyone particularly likes being a kid. I could not imagine being a kid in today's economy with everything the way it is now. Its impossible.

[LWA]
Members
1,195 posts
4 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Playing the Stalingrad as a battleship will get you into trouble.  The ship is not invincible and when broadside, will get insta-deleted by battleships.  You mostly bow tank with the Stalingrad because the damn thing maneuvers worst than a battleship. 

[FORM]
Members
1,964 posts
12,614 battles
6 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

2 hours ago, db4100 said:

Playing the Stalingrad as a battleship will get you into trouble.  The ship is not invincible and when broadside, will get insta-deleted by battleships.  You mostly bow tank with the Stalingrad because the damn thing maneuvers worst than a battleship. 

Since the introduction of the MVR, the Stalin was a far less common sight in the last CB season. Too easy to citadel with those German AP bombs when it would park nose in like it tries to do. The Petro replaced it for most teams.

[LWA]
Members
1,195 posts
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Since the introduction of the MVR, the Stalin was a far less common sight in the last CB season. Too easy to citadel with those German AP bombs when it would park nose in like it tries to do. The Petro replaced it for most teams.

This makes sense......

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
18,383 battles
7 hours ago, You13 said:

I know, but i want to make the right choice here

With steel ships, generally I think there are no wrong choices, all are pretty good once you play to their relative strengths.

Be forewarned, any steel ship tends to be focused down by the reds once you are spotted. Most folks seem to think that having a steel ship means that you are a super unicum, hence you gotta get killed first.

My first steel ship was the Stalin and I've never regretted it.

[BB_B]
Members
79 posts
979 battles

I only recently joined a clan, so I think the steel ships will be a very long way away for me.  I will admit that being in a clan is a beneficial learning experience as you can find out in a live battle ways to improve your playing.  My clan has a very good training officer.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,944 battles
8 hours ago, TheArc said:

Did I say play it as a battleship? I know what I am doing in my stalin. Petro is also a silver ship, and will eventually be nerfed as it's far too strong. 

Ignore getting the stalin to your detriment. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,780 posts
5,429 battles
6 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Why bother, I mean given time. Steel ships will be available for coal or money.

Ive waited 5 years.

The Somers is one ship for example that I would get in a couple of years. The Plymouth will be a couple more years after that and by then other ships would have been put into the game.

When they first introduced steel, they stated specifically that they want it to be rare and not devalued. Well, its years worth of rare, for those of us who can wait that long. And thats that. No way to buy steel or convert to steel etc. SO thats pretty locked down.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,944 battles

Somers will not come back for free, it might become coal, at 240,000 plus. It's far too strong a ship, and there's a reason why it needs to go away, it's just too good.