You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Italian Amalfi is playable

16 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
479 posts
2,685 battles

Hello everyone! Hope your having a great Christmas season! 

The Player Xvirtus ask if the Italian cruisers are worth it. While they are different does not mean they are bad. You have to adjust your play style and also with a little luck you can have great games in them. The Past two games in the tier 8 Amalfi I have had a great deal of success in Her. This last game we went to C cap and the enemy cv seemed to have a crush on me because he kept trying to crush me. Lol. So I launched my torps into c cap and went to b cap as many enemy ships were at c cap anyway.

We took b cap and I smooshed a dd with my SAP ammo. Granted he was already hurt bad but a smoosh is a smoosh. B cap was now empty so I went to help our team in A cap. Stayed stealth and launched both sides torps and got 3 hits on a Big Boy Tirpitz.

I hit the smoke button and rained down my SAP shells on him while another player focused with me. Another got the smoosh credit but a dead Tirpitz is always a good thing. Spotted CV who wanted to play house again with me and this time I got revenge and cheese grated his Hull a bit. Focus fire killed him. I then played hide and seek with an Alaska. Boy it hits hard when he can shoot at you. Not used to playing it. He snuck around Island and I got off rounds into it's side and that was smoosh #2. 

Team was now smelling Blood and Rum and they were rushing full speed into b cap and we finished them off. I scored over 120,000 hp.

Never sail in a straight line when spotted in her. Only use AP when a ship exposes it's full side, otherwise stick to SAP. Be very careful when you choose to use your smoke, DON'T waste it! Take advantage of Amalfi's 12k torps. They are slow but If you keep sending them you can gets some hits. And she is NOT a good solo ship. Bring friends! She is great with focus fire and can shred the odd DD with her SAP. AA is meh so put a good Captain on her. I have the special Italian Capt on her that I won. Also take advantage of her spotter plane. Amalfi's guns are accurate so you can still get a lot of hits from 17k. 

As my Dad kept telling me, Don't play Her like something she is not. Play inside Her limits and have fun!

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm Heidi and I smoosh things.

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (93).png

Thumbnail.jpg

Edited by HeidiAngel
Spelling
  • Cool 10
  • Meh 2

[TIGRB]
Members
479 posts
2,685 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I see a budding WOWS Ship reviewer!  Good Job!

072.gif

Huh? Reviewer? I got a thumbs down so someone does not think much of my review.

[GOB]
Members
4,407 posts
24,196 battles
4 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Huh? Reviewer? I got a thumbs down so someone does not think much of my review.

There are very very very sad widdle people who spend their time here downvoting anything and everything they see.

They will downvote a sunny day filled with puppies and kittens because it is the only way they can feel relevant.

Ignore them. They're not worth your positive energy.

Keep up the good work!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TIGRB]
Members
479 posts
2,685 battles
Just now, Col_Nasty said:

There are very very very sad widdle people who spend their time here downvoting anything and everything they see.

They will downvote a sunny day filled with puppies and kittens because it is the only way they can feel relevant.

Ignore them. They're not worth your positive energy.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Hugs! Merry Christmas!

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,660 battles

The Amalfi is probably the first Italian CA that can actually take a hit, and that makes her a bit more forgiving to play.  Nice work, I think you highlighted all her strong points.  I build my Italians to be torpedo boats, and I am sure some folks think I am crazy, but I score a lot of torp hits with the "water mines."  I also go pink with Italian CAs more than any other ships, even DDs.  The water mines are so slow that sometimes a teammate can come literally out of nowhere and run into them.  No one's fault it is just the way they are.   SAP makes the Italians super DD killers, but you gotta survive the return fire.  One mistake I see Italian CA players make is thinking that the smoke will protect them like they were a DD, but you should be very aware of your conceal in smoke after firing....so moderate range to longer range is best time to use. Get a couple of shots in, and smoke up to break contact and best of all worlds if you still have a teammate that can spot your target.

• Cool 2

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
587 posts
8,792 battles

Amalfi was a lot of fun for me. I had very low expectations but it turned out to be just great. Brindisi continues the trend but with 3 more guns and a heal!

[TIGRB]
Members
479 posts
2,685 battles
1 minute ago, Morpheous said:

The Amalfi is probably the first Italian CA that can actually take a hit, and that makes her a bit more forgiving to play.  Nice work, I think you highlighted all her strong points.  I build my Italians to be torpedo boats, and I am sure some folks think I am crazy, but I score a lot of torp hits with the "water mines."  I also go pink with Italian CAs more than any other ships, even DDs.  The water mines are so slow that sometimes a teammate can come literally out of nowhere and run into them.  No one's fault it is just the way they are.   SAP makes the Italians super DD killers, but you gotta survive the return fire.  One mistake I see Italian CA players make is thinking that the smoke will protect them like they were a DD, but you should be very aware of your conceal in smoke after firing....so moderate range to longer range is best time to use. Get a couple of shots in, and smoke up to break contact and best of all worlds if you still have a teammate that can spot your target.

Yes Sir! Smoke can be a false sense of security in the Italian Cruisers. Good point Sir.

• Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
21 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Yes Sir! Smoke can be a false sense of security in the Italian Cruisers. Good point Sir.

False sense of security, but it can also get you killed real fast if you're still under gun bloom penalty in your smoke, especially if no one is spotting for you. Then you have basically the opposite of smoke - you can't see anyone, but they can all see you!

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
17,518 battles

The Italian line cam alive at the Amalfi for me and just gets better. Nice review! Keep up the good work:Smile_great:

• Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Well I guess now I know why I wasn't doing well in the Italian line .... I wasn't "smooshing" enough!  :Smile_veryhappy:

Enjoy reading your stories .... keep up the positive vibes ... & Merry Christmas.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TIGRB]
Members
479 posts
2,685 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

Well I guess now I know why I wasn't doing well in the Italian line .... I wasn't "smooshing" enough!  :Smile_veryhappy:

Enjoy reading your stories .... keep up the positive vibes ... & Merry Christmas.

Thank you! Hugs!:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,079 posts
14,769 battles

Amalfi is a fast CA that can turn like a whip. I like fast ships. I love Amalfi.  I does not hurt that they are such beautiful ships.....

• Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
57 minutes ago, handybilly said:

Amalfi is a fast CA that can turn like a whip. I like fast ships. I love Amalfi.  I does not hurt that they are such beautiful ships.....

I actually played the Italian CA line until I learned to like them purely because of how good the Grigio-Azzuro-Chiaro permacamo looks.

[GOB]
Members
4,407 posts
24,196 battles
18 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

False sense of security, but it can also get you killed real fast if you're still under gun bloom penalty in your smoke, especially if no one is spotting for you. Then you have basically the opposite of smoke - you can't see anyone, but they can all see you!

I would only be embarrassing myself if I told you how long it took me to figure that out.:Smile_sad::Smile_hiding: