You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Can we talk about how amazing the Roma is as a ship

69 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles

Yes she has her issues and weird quirks that come with being a pasta boat. However for the only high tier BB for god knows how many years (I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU LITTORIO!!), she has held up incredibly well against the landscape of a changing game. Her biggest weakness is not so awful that it makes the ship unplayable *coughcoughviribusunituscoughcough* and is made up for with incredibly good torpedo protection.

She really feels like a Jack of all Trades type of ship and can exploit enemy ships mistakes ridiculously well. She does a little of everything and as such can fit in every game played. I never feel more comfortable than when I'm playing my Roma.

A ship I will never stop playing.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gonna have to give it another try.

It does a lot of things really well. Keep in mind though that the accuracy is a crapshoot and it's penetration is very trolly.

• Cool 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
Just now, black_hull4 said:

*coughcoughfritzxcoughcough*

why you gotta hate on my pizza party.

[GOOF]
Members
780 posts
6,518 battles

Love this ship.

Been chewing bubblegum and kicking butt in it lately.

Great credit earner, great mobility, and those guns when they hot are just beautiful.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,282 posts
6,659 battles

Roma is like a drug; it's highs are incredible, but the lows are so damn low.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,178 posts
15,479 battles

Roma is always a beasty boat, even in t10 MM your high velocity AP will Pen those BBs.  Speed, good armor and decent conceal with those wonky, but hard hitting guns make her a real threat.  Folks underestimate her and give you a broadside, make them pay.. your even able to pen tanking ships fairly well.  The hard part with Roma is leading the bad guys...her higher velocity means you should lead more than normal on targets.  Her secondary range is a disappointment, should be better, but ah well... if WG fixed that and her dispersion, she would move up the ranks of T8 BBs.  I can't say I would take a Mass or a Trip over her, she has her own strengths, probably closer to an Amagi, which I just ran through again and forget just how good the Amagi is.

• Cool 1

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,519 battles
1 hour ago, otakuben said:

Yes she has her issues and weird quirks that come with being a pasta boat. However for the only high tier BB for god knows how many years (I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU LITTORIO!!), she has held up incredibly well against the landscape of a changing game. Her biggest weakness is not so awful that it makes the ship unplayable *coughcoughviribusunituscoughcough* and is made up for with incredibly good torpedo protection.

She really feels like a Jack of all Trades type of ship and can exploit enemy ships mistakes ridiculously well. She does a little of everything and as such can fit in every game played. I never feel more comfortable than when I'm playing my Roma.

A ship I will never stop playing.

Are you drunk? Roma is by far one of the worst t8 premium ship in my arsenal and I would never want to touch that garbage again until they fix it.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
9 minutes ago, You13 said:

Are you drunk? Roma is by far one of the worst t8 premium ship in my arsenal and I would never want to touch that garbage again until they fix it.

I'm sorry? No I'm not drunk, she is a really good ship but needs time to figure out how to best use her.

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,519 battles
5 minutes ago, otakuben said:

I'm sorry? No I'm not drunk, she is a really good ship but needs time to figure out how to best use her.

I have almost 11.5 k battled played in this game, I can tell you for sure that the ship sucks, if you want to believe that Roma is a good ship keep dreaming no one is going to stop you lol

I can give you at least 10 reasons as to why Roma sucks so much but nothing seems to change your mind.

• Boring 2

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
3 minutes ago, You13 said:

I have almost 11.5 k battled played in this game, I can tell you for sure that the ship sucks, if you want to believe that Roma is a good ship keep dreaming no one is going to stop you lol

I can give you at least 10 reasons as to why Roma sucks so much but nothing seems to change your mind.

I mean I only replied once but okay. Also congrats on having so many games played? You also have 70 games in the Roma. I have 200 (in the Roma) and can probably talk a bit better to her capabilities. But if you wanna tell me about the Alabama or Tirpitz I'm all ears.

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,519 battles
8 minutes ago, otakuben said:

I mean I only replied once but okay. Also congrats on having so many games played? You also have 70 games in the Roma. I have 200 (in the Roma) and can probably talk a bit better to her capabilities. But if you wanna tell me about the Alabama or Tirpitz I'm all ears.

Nothing personal, I really tried and i tried hard, Roma is NOT a good ship. it was waste of money, the description looks good and fancy but the performance is Zero. If I have to rank all the T8  premium battleships in this game for sure Roma will be the last. for that much of money you could get some superb premium ships that could print credit much more easier than Roma.

Tirpitz, Massachusetts, Lenin. Odin are my top picks.

• Cool 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
1 minute ago, You13 said:

Nothing personal, I really tried and i tried hard, Roma is NOT a good ship. it was waste of money, the description looks good and fancy but the performance is Zero. If I have to rank all the T8  premium battleships in this game for sure Roma will be the last. for that much of money you could get some superb premium ships that could print credit much more easier than Roma.

Tirpitz, Massachusetts, Lenin. Odin are my top picks.

I wouldn't put Roma at the top (it's definitely a personal favorite) but her absence of major weaknesses make her easier to play with. Though technically Roma, I believe, has the best credit potential.

Vlad is objectively the best followed closely by Mass and Odin. Roma however scores above average in all categories for players. It places 9th out of all 22 tier 8 ships. Place 8 is ironically AL Littorio, a literal Roma clone.

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,519 battles
7 minutes ago, otakuben said:

I wouldn't put Roma at the top (it's definitely a personal favorite) but her absence of major weaknesses make her easier to play with. Though technically Roma, I believe, has the best credit potential.

Vlad is objectively the best followed closely by Mass and Odin. Roma however scores above average in all categories for players. It places 9th out of all 22 tier 8 ships. Place 8 is ironically AL Littorio, a literal Roma clone.

Massachusetts , Tirpitz and Lenin will demolish Roma regardless of the situation

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
372 posts
5,683 battles
30 minutes ago, You13 said:

I have almost 11.5 k battled played in this game, I can tell you for sure that the ship sucks

No you can't lol

• Boring 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
2 minutes ago, You13 said:

Massachusetts , Tirpitz and Lenin will demolish Roma regardless of the situation

I'll take that bet.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,178 posts
15,479 battles
1 minute ago, You13 said:

Killed plenty of Mass, Tirps in my Roma and a few Lenins.  I just got a free Mass out of BF box, and yah she is very good, probably OP, and a much easier ship to play.  Stay out of Secondary range and the Roma will pick these ships apart.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,221 posts
10,570 battles
1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

The hard part with Roma is leading the bad guys...her higher velocity means you should lead more than normal on targets. 

:Smile_amazed: I don’t have Roma, but high velocity guns typically require less lead, not more.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Members
1,024 posts
1,421 battles
2 hours ago, otakuben said:

why you gotta hate on my pizza party.

I mean...

World of Warships has German planes with AP missiles & bombs. World of Warships also has He-111's. If Wargaming were to put them together...

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
6,853 battles
29 minutes ago, otakuben said:

I'll take that bet.

Indeed.  I don't play Roma  nowadays.  But, yes, she can take them out.

Of course, I don't play much T8 BB any more .  Musashi. 'nuff said.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,783 battles
1 hour ago, You13 said:

Roma is excellent. Lots of fun to play. I pretty much stopped, though, because her AA is so awful she's usually just a damage pinata for the Sky Parasites.

But damn she's fun. I cant say which is more fun, Roma or Massachusetts, but to my mind they are close.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,132 battles
26 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Indeed.  I don't play Roma  nowadays.  But, yes, she can take them out.

Of course, I don't play much T8 BB any more .  Musashi. 'nuff said.

I should have gotten a hold of that ship when I had the chance.

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

Fun? Yes

Good? I'm going with "not compared to the competition"

WHen the guns work they are amazing, one of my first games in her I scored 3 cits at under 10KM vs a FdG, which was pretty awesome. 

When the guns don't work, ,,and they seem to have the worst dispersion by far of any of my T8 premium BB's- you're a pretty stealthy BB, which works well unless there's a CV in the game, which most of my games have, and render any sort of concealment advantage in a BB useless.

Honestly it could use a buff, either improve the dispersion a touch, or bump the reload to 28 seconds. Either/or.

• Thanks 1