Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Ranked, different time zones and NA players outside Americas.

5 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

So, based on today's news Ranked is getting an overhaul.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/updates-to-ranked-battles/

Various information aside, it was also announced that Ranked Battles will be unavailable at night, to ensure quick matchmaking; to that end some time periods were mentioned to specify:

Time

• CIS: 06:00 — 23:00 UTC
  • NA: 16:00 — 09:00 UTC
  • ASIA: 01:00 — 18:00 UTC
  • EU: 08:00 — 01:00 UTC

Now, I'm from EU and normally I have no problems playing on NA, nor did I have any issues with previous Ranked Seasons time zone wise. But due to the announced time periods in which Ranked will be available, I won't be able to participate due to irl commitments, since they coincide with the little available time I will have for Ranked. I'm pretty sure that other NA players outside of the Americas face similar issues.

So what I'm asking is for a new round of server transfers to be initiated. The system already exists as evidenced by this offer the previous year:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/server-transfer-offer/ 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/server-2-server/

It's a semi-automated system so the load on support shouldn't be much.

Pinging @Hapa_Fodder as well, as I believe it's something to consider. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Hmm, 11am to 4am EST, so just not during the mornings, Not bad. I'm not sure what you mean by not available at night, the only time that excludes for NA is early to mid morning which is our slow time. Cuts off the west coast at 1am but still OK.

But UTC is basically European time right? So that's 4pm to 9am for you guys? The only time you have to play is middle of the day? Are you sure you're reading the times right?

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Hmm, 11am to 4am EST, so just not during the mornings, Not bad. I'm not sure what you mean by not available at night, the only time that excludes for NA is early to mid morning which is our slow time. Cuts off the west coast at 1am but still OK.

But UTC is basically European time right? So that's 4pm to 9am for you guys? The only time you have to play is middle of the day? Are you sure you're reading the times right?

On my time zone it's 18:00- 11:00 (am) when NA Ranked is available. Due to irl I should be able to play a bit at night, but I will be missing all of morning and afternoon. I mean, it's not a bad time period by any means, but for example CB offers the choice of time zones so players from other regions can be accommodated too. I don't know how easy something like that would be for Ranked, but there should be some means to help players when it comes to events and modes with available for specific time periods.

[DANTO]
Beta Testers
218 posts
9,751 battles

11:00 am to 04:00 am is also what's confusing me about along with "not available during night time."

Does WG's definition of "night time" go from 04:00 am to 11:00 am EST?

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts
53 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Ugh.. no night battles....