You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merc_R_Us

Questions you have for CV top players?

25 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
903 posts
7,077 battles

Hiya, 

I'm going to work on a video or post eventually about CV play. I'd like to solicit now questions you may have that I will bring to top CV players. 

Feel free to message me or post right here. 

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
8,168 posts
6,118 battles

Does it concern you guys when the game chat is constantly hurling loathing at your ship type?

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles

So ahhh don't tell anyone on the forums but I been practicing my CV skills.  One of the weapons that seems to be hardest for me to line up and use are Japanese AP Bombs.  What are some of the best practices to deliver Japanese AP bombs on target? 

Edited by eviltane

[KWF]
Members
5,279 posts
6,659 battles

I already have the answer to my question :

giphy.gif

Jokes and memes aside, very simple question. What would you change in CV/AA interaction to make it a more fun and active experience for both sides?

[REVY]
Members
8,168 posts
6,118 battles

Should AA be a legitimate counter?  Should flak be an actual threat?

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
28 minutes ago, eviltane said:

So ahhh don't tell anyone on the forums but I been practicing my CV skills.  

For All of your Heresy Purging Needs (Warhammer Dump) - Album on Imgur

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,965 battles

1. Post your stealth plane builds.

2. Tips on turning squads faster

3. Tips on optimal bomb drops for citadels

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
903 posts
7,077 battles
21 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

1. Post your stealth plane builds.

2. Tips on turning squads faster

3. Tips on optimal bomb drops for citadels

Would you clarify the first question? 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,965 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Would you clarify the first question? 

Some people build their planes / captains for low plane detection ranges instead of surviveability. I've never done it and can't find any builds / skills for optimal stealth build. 

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[NG-NL]
Members
6,317 posts
10,264 battles

Work on killing DDs or use rocket planes to hit cruisers early?

DDs take some effort nowadays. I actually had a match last week in Cleveland where a Lexington nuked half my HP with rocket planes, so been trying it out and yeah, lot easier to get damage early if hammer a broadside cruiser.

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,558 battles

For me at least in COOP the concealment helps a lot in reducing the  distance the attacking squadron may be seen.    

First Module under equipment has to have the Concealment System 1  for the 10% Squadron 

In Capt skill the forth row  the Concealment Expert has to be checked for the 10% Squadron

Having those 2 decreases the distance that the squadron will be spotted like for the Kaga Bomber from 10 KM to  8KM.   not much but significant enough to get through some of the FLAK at least.  

1386297859_Screenshot2020-12-15160619.thumb.png.e6f23053322b264bfd80906ad2ae3537.pngCaptureKaga1.thumb.PNG.4ae52fd0e8dacdb31bb98af0b6fd038b.PNG

Edited by Noworriesderpy1
Grammer

[CLUMP]
Members
1,216 posts
1,525 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

So ahhh don't tell anyone on the forums but I been practicing my CV skills.  One of the weapons that seems to be hardest for me to line up and use are Japanese AP Bombs.  What are some of the best practices to deliver Japanese AP bombs on target? 

:fish_cute_2:

1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

For All of your Heresy Purging Needs (Warhammer Dump) - Album on Imgur

What if told you anti-CVs are the Heretics 

0acENSz.jpg

Your Heresy against CVs won't be tolerated   :Smile_izmena:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,283 battles

What exactly is the quota of Negative Karma points anticipated and what is prize for year end leader?  

Are you all really terrible players... And what is PR level and below at which you can qualify as being a real CV player?  

Is there really a trophy wall for DD pelts in the CV lodge? 

Can you explain exactly the level of terror when you see a 899 division on red team?

Does Chuck Norris fear a CV? 

Do all CV players really kick  dogs and old ladys?

Is there a truly special place in hell for CV players?   

:Smile_trollface: 

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[PT]
Members
974 posts
3,004 battles
12 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Work on killing DDs or use rocket planes to hit cruisers early?

DDs take some effort nowadays. I actually had a match last week in Cleveland where a Lexington nuked half my HP with rocket planes, so been trying it out and yeah, lot easier to get damage early if hammer a broadside cruiser.

DDs are harder to set with rocket planes. I attacked a Fubuki yesterday with my Shokaku. Only hit him for 8k.

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

questions you may have that I will bring to top CV players. 

Don't you get bored? What challenges you while playing CVs?

1 hour ago, eviltane said:

So ahhh don't tell anyone on the forums but I been practicing my CV skills.  

Oh brother, we are losing you to the Dark Side...

... :Smile_teethhappy: just joking, the clan always need more able CV players.

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,372 battles
15 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

For me at least in COOP the concealment helps a lot in reducing the  distance the attacking squadron may be seen.    

First Module under equipment has to have the Concealment System 1  for the 10% Squadron 

In Capt skill the forth row  the Concealment Expert has to be checked for the 10% Squadron

Having those 2 decreases the distance that the squadron will be spotted like for the Kaga Bomber from 10 KM to  8KM.   not much but significant enough to get through some of the FLAK at least.  

1386297859_Screenshot2020-12-15160619.thumb.png.e6f23053322b264bfd80906ad2ae3537.pngCaptureKaga1.thumb.PNG.4ae52fd0e8dacdb31bb98af0b6fd038b.PNG

Kaga has ridiculously low detection ranges to start with.

[DOG]
Members
1,222 posts
12,686 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Jokes and memes aside, very simple question. What would you change in CV/AA interaction to make it a more fun and active experience for both sides?

Well, if you time it right, your AA can shoot down a lot of planes, which seems satisfying.  And if you do it on several attack runs in a row, I realize this degrades a CV's capabilities over time.  But it doesn't stop the continuous waves from coming.  And killing the CV is usually improbable until the end of the match.  I don't want to go back to the pre-reword days of being able to completely de-plane a CV for the rest of the match. But it would be nice to be able to completely eliminate its ability to launch any plane at all (even squadrons of 1-3 planes) for maybe 2-3 minutes if he's too aggressive and recklessly unconcerned about casualties.  Fewer spares or slower regeneration or something.

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Don't you get bored? What challenges you while playing CVs?

Oh brother, we are losing you to the Dark Side...

... :Smile_teethhappy: just joking, the clan always need more able CV players.

It does feel like an evil act.  But like others say you get better at fighting against them when you play them.  Also I fully plan on getting the FDR as my next steel purchase. It seems to be the most OP CV and I should get it before WG decides to cancel it. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
688 posts
15,119 battles
55 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Kaga has ridiculously low detection ranges to start with.

Not to mention bots don't dodge planes like real players.  The concealment is useless in coop.  

[WOLFG]
Members
31,407 posts
9,655 battles
3 hours ago, eviltane said:

I find that if you approach from the bow, dropping when the reticle is about as wide as the ship, and releasing when the centre is on the B turret, works pretty well.

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,938 battles
4 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Hiya, 

I'm going to work on a video or post eventually about CV play. I'd like to solicit now questions you may have that I will bring to top CV players. 

Can you please pack up your CV's and go away? Asking for the majority of the population? xD

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
903 posts
7,077 battles
5 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

Can you please pack up your CV's and go away? Asking for the majority of the population? xD

;)

[WPORT]
Members
7,235 posts
12,248 battles
4 hours ago, eviltane said:

I created this crude illustration a while back.
Might help.
1987394873_Bombrunillustrationofflightpathinacartoonishmanner_07-20-2020_forEstimated_Prophetonforums_.thumb.jpg.4d3c1d432bed186e4e9e12a2832d7801.jpg

Faster ships & planes require dropping slightly earlier.  Perhaps when the reticle is centered over the tip of the bow.
If dropping british patterns of bombs on DD's, aim about one full ship-length ahead of the DD, or even a little more for the faster DD's.

Operation Aegis is a good multiple-target situation for practicing bomb drops (and every other CV ordnance, too).
Edited to add:  So is "Defense of Naval Station Newport".

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[WPORT]
Members
7,235 posts
12,248 battles
4 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Hiya, 

Recent changes to CV aiming have affected the Rocket Planes.  
Rocket planes which start their attack-run while over water have their aim thrown up & off if the planes pass over and island or even a portion of an island.

Aside from simply ensuring one's planes follow a flight-path that keeps them over the water, are there any other methods to minimize terrain disruption of Rocket Plane attack-runs (especially when using German CV's)?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,733 posts
4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Recent changes to CV aiming have affected the Rocket Planes.  
Rocket planes which start their attack-run while over water have their aim thrown up & off if the planes pass over and island or even a portion of an island.

Aside from simply ensuring one's planes follow a flight-path that keeps them over the water, are there any other methods to minimize terrain disruption of Rocket Plane attack-runs (especially when using German CV's)?

Some of the "unicums" have obviously practiced coming in over islands and know where the aiming reticle will show up. However, I've also seen a well-known CV unicum drop rockets on an island to slingshot over it and then have a normal distance reticle.

• Thanks 1