You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

wow JUST GIVE IT A TRY

12 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
137 posts
16,184 battles

I know this has been brought up many times but I think WOW should give it a try. Allow folks to choose to play with or without CV option. If this is done even for a few weeks it would prove one way or the other how the community feels. 

I think there are many that enjoy playing with CVs in game and that would play out. There are many that don't enjoy them and that would show also. Would the player numbers go up or down?

Also to encourage some additional up in the air folks to play one place or the other, WOW could create some missions that would involve shooting down many planes etc. etc. That might be incentive?

In any case im not saying remove anything as i enjoy 2 cv games, but trying this even for a short time (maybe during christmas break) would provide SOLID DATA and then adjustments might be made.

• Boring 7
  • Meh 4

Members
5,506 posts
10,663 battles

Then I want to be able to play with DDs and supercruisers in my BB.  There is no group that will not demand they be protected.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles

There's no need. I'm almost certain most people (me included) would take the no CV option. I'm also relatively certain WG knows this. The only people who would queue with CVs are CVs, who would want to play as the targets?

So if WG already knows what the result would be why would they run the test?

Of course knowing the result and changing things to fix the problem it highlights are two very different things...

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well, as anyone who works in government well knows, never commission a review unless you know what it’s going to say

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, as anyone who works in government well knows, never commission a review unless you know what it’s going to say

Yeah but unlike the government when this review screws up their playerbase for a few weeks it costs them money, which while of no great concern to the government is not a great idea if you're trying to turn a profit.

[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah but unlike the government when this review screws up their playerbase for a few weeks it costs them money, which while of no great concern to the government is not a great idea if you're trying to turn a profit.

True, but even governments usually only review things in advance of changing them  (granted, sometimes to justify a controversial change that was made already, but at some level that’s just a new baseline). 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,460 posts
14,821 battles
37 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

There's no need. I'm almost certain most people (me included) would take the no CV option. I'm also relatively certain WG knows this. The only people who would queue with CVs are CVs, who would want to play as the targets?

Of course knowing the result and changing things to fix the problem it highlights are two very different things...

This, even though I don't mind CV's although I do think that tier 3, 4, & some tier 5 need an AA buff it would become a no choice decision to take the no CV option because the CV option would be filled with double CV queue dumps.

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

Can I instead opt into a forum where these kinds of inane threads don’t exist?

• Cool 1

[PT]
Members
967 posts
2,998 battles

World of tanks forums have been barraged since day one with 'Arty free option Devs!!!' topics. It won't happen.

2 Cvs per team should be nerfed though.

Edited by LunchCutter