You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Updates to Ranked Battles

176 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles

Who ever said WG will never implement "skill based MM," raise your hand (me included)...

I guess more changes are coming...

• Cool 2

[MOD]
Members
35 posts
15,232 battles

Did they really say ranked battles wont be available at night? 

Hey WG,We have jobs during the day ,where do you think we get the money we put into your game? 

Guess ranked is just ment for cc's that play the game all day now.  

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
17,078 posts
30,059 battles

Not available at night?

Not sure how that’s really supposed to make any difference in team quality.

Breaks my heart in any case. (Work second shift. I’m either sleeping or at work during the morning/afternoon.)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[MOD]
Members
35 posts
15,232 battles
Just now, TapakaHski said:

Hmm the rewards got decreased substantially, but the number of battles to rank 1 is same?

Might be because the seasons are  one right after the other,more seasons less rewards?

• Cool 3

[CRUEL]
Members
11 posts
50,387 battles

NA starts at 11AM EDT and runs through the evening.  The post is saying the slow, early morning hours will not be available for ranked

[AZUR1]
Members
277 posts
5,839 battles

The features of new camo are great, but a total 5 camo as a prize in new rank system is just surprising; I thought at least 50 camo would be fine.

• Cool 2

[B2P]
Members
4 posts
13,344 battles
2 minutes ago, Nx750 said:

Might be because the seasons are  one right after the other,more seasons less rewards?

yeah, but time required to play remains the same, thus less steel per game so to say

• Cool 1

[MOD]
Members
35 posts
15,232 battles
Just now, chinabob said:

NA starts at 11AM EDT and runs through the evening.  The post is saying the slow, early morning hours will not be available for ranked

what about the people who play at night? After getting home from work,getting the kids to bed ect. Most NA people I know dont even start playing any game till 7 or 8 pm eastern. Its just like their streams that they give away codes  "Lets do this stream at noon time while everyone is working so we dont have to give out so many"

All their "DATA" and "SPREADSHEETS " got to show that afternoon times in the NA are thier slowest player count?

• Cool 3

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
9,226 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not available at night?

Breaks my heart in any case. (Work second shift. I’m either sleeping or at work during the morning/afternoon.)

It already kills me when people in chat whine about "weekend" teams as if implying that they are some kind of "pro" that plays M-F 9-5 while all the regular "scrubs" are busy, you know, working....can't wait to see tryhards crowing about "night players" now.

Edited by MaIacca
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
262 posts
10,430 battles

Hooray the star system is still in there. I was worried they'd take it out for something better, or worse...

• Boring 1

0 posts

I guess it depends on how they define "night." I usually play somewhere between 630-930pm.  Those seem like prime gaming hours for most working people to me. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 1

[73084]
Beta Testers
22 posts

About time ranked gets spiced up a bit. Looks good except for one thing:
This "unavailable at night" needs to go. Now. Very limiting to a lot of players and straight up messes up ranked for others. Playing from EU means I can only play between 17:00 and 10:00?

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,667 posts
6,647 battles

@Hapa_Fodder so you expect players to progress to rank 1 for over a year and a half to just get one ship. The rewards are nerfed into the ground I suppose. Does our time not matter to Wargaming? It seems to me that the research bureau is far more appealing as I could get 3-4 ships out of there before I could get one steel ship. These steel prices you guys have are way too high for the amount of rewards your giving away in ranked battles.

Steel has always been a mistake and needs to change to have more ways to award it. I know snowflakes are coming which were also nerfed by removing the tier 10 rewards with small Santa crates which don’t contain any steel at all. Give us back 200 steel for tier 10 for our snowflakes and stop being greedy. Steel prices need to match steel availability which they currently don’t. Stop being greedy and change steel to be accessible to more players we aren’t stupid for crying out loud. Make it so that you can go from bronze to silver to gold in one week at least that is more equivalent to what ranked rewards were like before with 1,200 steel being available by doing that. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3

[BUOY]
Members
1,552 posts
17,880 battles
19 minutes ago, Nx750 said:

what about the people who play at night? After getting home from work,getting the kids to bed ect. Most NA people I know dont even start playing any game till 7 or 8 pm eastern. Its just like their streams that they give away codes  "Lets do this stream at noon time while everyone is working so we dont have to give out so many"

All their "DATA" and "SPREADSHEETS " got to show that afternoon times in the NA are thier slowest player count?

9:00-16:00 UTC is 11AM-4AM ET / 8AM-1AM PT. Or on the flipside, ranked is unavailable for 7 hours between 4-11AM / 1-8AM so... pretty good eastern, not that great for pacific.

[KWF]
Members
6,762 posts
7,321 battles

And stars are still there to stay,  hurray !!!

/s

Question time:

1.  What's the max amount of Steel you can get in a season? This is left a bit vague. Not rewards per sprint or league, talking about maximum possible amount of resources. If I read this correctly, say I start at Bronze, get Through Silver and finish first four times in Gold League I get 400+ 500 + 4x600=3300 Steel, 200+300+ 4x400= 2100 Doubloons . In contrast the 18th Season gave out a max of 5,5k Steel and 2750 Doubloons. Could this be confirmed?
  2. What happens to players previous Ranked season Stars from 18th Season? Do we all get reset when the new system hits?
  3. I'm from Europe so time zones are different and I might be unavailable to play Ranked. Is there any plan to issue transfers so we can get normal times?

Personally while I 100% agree the current Ranked system isn't good, things that should be reconsidered like Stars remain, and people are expected to play more as well, spend more flags/camos on these events, and once again get fixated with hitting tier X.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,929 posts
25,244 battles
30 minutes ago, TapakaHski said:

Hmm the rewards got decreased substantially, but the number of battles to rank 1 is same?

29 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not available at night?

4 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I guess it depends on how they define "night." I usually play somewhere between 630-930pm.  Those seem like prime gaming hours for most working people to me. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

The NA server is active in Ranked Battles from 4PM to 10AM next day UTC.

Central time zone is -6 hours from UTC so Ranked Battles are available from 10AM to 4AM the next day.

Eastern is 11AM to 5AM the next day.

Pacific is 8AM to 2AM the next day.

All of it overnight - but not when I play at 5AM!

[MR-1]
Members
2,216 posts
24,975 battles

sorry but bad idea . for us average players  battles  its hard enough  to get to rank 1 .  and to get up there depends on the team and not the individual  .

so an individual might have good rank battles score  but  not win   because other players in the team  didnt do well . either in bad possitions, or unexpectly caught bu other ships 

so  this is bad . just wish you would leave things alone 

rank battles not avaliable at night ???? so i cant play rank when i come home from work 

also the rewards are terrable    you can now earn much less than before 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[ARC]
Members
1,081 posts
11,950 battles
35 minutes ago, Nx750 said:

Did they really say ranked battles wont be available at night? 

Hey WG,We have jobs during the day ,where do you think we get the money we put into your game? 

Guess ranked is just ment for cc's that play the game all day now.  

See the times. They got hella confusing by calling it "night", but in the East Coast, it will be available from 12:00 to 4:00 of the next day. They should have said "it will not be available all day" instead.

[SCREW]
Members
25 posts
11,980 battles
20 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

You'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the mean no ranked battles at 2-6 am in the morning, where there are few players and matching making will take a long time

[WFSDL]
Members
84 posts
12,114 battles

It says we can earn four ranked tokens in the first season but I only see a single ranked token being rewarded for ranking out. Am I missing something?