You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tjaluk

Tier 10 snowflakes.

29 comments in this topic

[BGA]
Members
75 posts
8,609 battles

Am i the only one that is slightly disappointed that the tier 10 snowflakes will give the lowest value Santa boxes?

i personally would prefer "super containers"

at least they have a chance of something interesting.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 8

[PHD]
Members
1,063 posts
6,083 battles

My brother got a Viribus Unitis (short list for that crate) out of one of those containers.

I don't even know if it is good or not.

[WOLF9]
Members
161 posts
2,128 battles
2 hours ago, WarStore said:

My brother got a Viribus Unitis (short list for that crate) out of one of those containers.

I got it too .....haven't played it yet but from what I've gathered not so good ...good for dusting off flakes and maybe Coop....

VU.jpg

Edited by SeaCat_

[WOLF9]
Members
161 posts
2,128 battles
39 minutes ago, tjaluk said:

Am i the only one that is slightly disappointed that the tier 10 snowflakes will give the lowest value Santa boxes?

The only disappointment is the majority of Santa boxes are 3-5 camo  for a 10 I'd rather have Coal or steel ...Maybe tier ten boxes will roll differently ...doubt it though...

Edited by SeaCat_

[KWF]
Members
5,185 posts
6,659 battles

Personally I don't think supercontainers will have a higher ship drop chance than the 2,60-3% that small santa boxes have (based on the big community spreadsheet on Reddit). Been playing for five years and I got a ship from a supercontainer in September.

Thing is that all the other rewards of an SC surpass by far the ones on a santa box.

Edited by warheart1992

[FORM]
Members
1,944 posts
12,534 battles
44 minutes ago, tjaluk said:

Nope, not just you. All the snowflakes are worth a lot less than they were a couple years ago.

• Cool 3

[PHD]
Members
1,063 posts
6,083 battles
18 minutes ago, SeaCat_ said:

The only disappointment is the majority of Santa boxes are 3-5 camo  for a 10 I'd rather have Coal or steel ...Maybe tier ten boxes will roll differently ...doubt it though...

Which kinda makes the tiers 5-9 ships more worth it

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
2 hours ago, tjaluk said:

I agree..  Personally I'd rather have the steel that is given for the tiers just below 10. .   The SCs  were nice back when that was a thing, because average rewards were pretty high. ..   But IMO the regular Santa Crates overall are a let down.. Out of the several hundred I've opened over the years I've not really gotten anything better than the same value I get for playing daily missions? Maybe bad RNG....  but it appears ship  drop rate for them is in the 2-3% range?  So you'd have to play 5 years worth of wins or so if you owned 10 T10 ships to have a solid chance to earn a ship from it.    And being given for the highest tier ships?   Unfortunately,  if anyone from WG is actually reading this they would probably decide best course of action would be to remove the steel as a reward for the lower ships.   Steel is easily the most valuable resource in this game IMO..     Nonetheless..     Still it's free and literally just costs me playing a ship in coop for a quick spin.. Its certainly not all bad, but would be lying if I didn't say that I find the reward for T10 snowflake events a let down from the steel offered for lesser tiers.       

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
201 posts
8,529 battles

I think a "free" box is better than no box. Seeing as the structure of this event has been set for a few years now, I'm not sure why you'd complain about the type of reward. They could always decide to remove snowflake events due to bottom line.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,194 posts

Since this year's Snowflake rewards were announced ... my entire focus has been on maximizing my number of Tier 8s & 9s.  Especially so after the Santa Crate debacle.

At WG's current rate and direction, it may not be long until we return to an environment of almost no rewards ... 

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,729 battles
2 hours ago, tjaluk said:

It used to be 200 steel back in the day and it is ridiculous that it has changed to the lowest value Santa box instead. Wargaming thinks we are dumb enough to forget the past. The game used to actually reward you very good for your efforts before steel was introduced. We should have all ships in the research bureau and for coal. I propose that one steel ship is voted on each year to move into the research bureau from the steel ships if not for coal. The Santa’s boxes used to award you 5 ships per mega level every time back in 2017-2018. Wargaming needs to tame their greed and come back to the table to make the game fun again. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles

Honestly I think the small Santa boxes vs. supercontainers is a wash. Ship chance from small Santa boxes seems higher, and overall odds of getting coal, doubloons, ships, or premium time are better. Small boxes can drop 30-day premium bundles. But supercontainers give a lot more signals (25-100) and camos (50) as booby prizes, and when you do get coal or doubloons, it's a lot more than you could get from a small Santa box. Supercontainers dropping premium time mostly give 14-day bundles, so that's worse. But you can get steel from supercontainers and not from Santa boxes. 

So... kinda a wash.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,028 battles

That the term "Super Container" can still be thought of as anything other than a pejorative, is laughable. 

As @Daniel_Allan_Clark said; play the game to have fun.

Everything else is changeable, and usually not to the players benefit.

Just be prepared for your discovery of what "fun" is for you to change too. 

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

The T10 snowflakes are the lowest value of them all.

Disgustingly disappointing that WG cant tell that 10 is higher then 9 and 8.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,720 posts
18,422 battles

When you have the coal to buy a coal ship, and you get the tier 9 one because it has more snowflake value.

shot-20_12.15_09_38.13-0814.thumb.jpg.15ca87bb9c991f9928e1889de5515c19.jpg

I was leaning toward the Z-44 but this pushed me towards it for sure.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
2 hours ago, WarStore said:

My first and only battle got 100k damage 

The guns are very comfortable, which I like. I was able to keep firing because a couple BBs in front of me were tanking.  

The moment I was the focus of fire I was melted, 

[SCK]
Members
154 posts
21,478 battles
12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

When you have the coal to buy a coal ship, and you get the tier 9 one because it has more snowflake value.

shot-20_12.15_09_38.13-0814.thumb.jpg.15ca87bb9c991f9928e1889de5515c19.jpg

I was leaning toward the Z-44 but this pushed me towards it for sure.

Z-44 is a bad choice over Marceau or Neustra

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
207 posts
1,576 battles
2 hours ago, SeaCat_ said:

I got it too .....haven't played it yet but from what I've gathered not so good ...good for dusting off flakes and maybe Coop....

VU.jpg

The Unitis is quite bad. The guns don't hit hard, and RNG doesn't bless her. Turret traverse speed is glacial. She also doesn't have a lot of range to work with, not that you'd want to shoot her poor dispersion guns at anything further than 12km. The ship is too slow. As a tier V, she has absolutely no AA protection. Continuous AA is more sound effect than anything. Oh and did I mention she is very slow? 

But she is very pretty, just like anything the Austrians made back in the day. I'd sail her out to seal club only, because 12 AP rounds flying at a broadsiding noob cruiser at 8km is still a laugh. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,220 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

Nope, not just you. All the snowflakes are worth a lot less than they were a couple years ago.

A couple of years ago there were also a lot less T8s, 9s and 10s in circulation.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,068 battles
4 hours ago, tjaluk said:

I'm not disappointed. I bought a 20 pack, ended up with more economic signal flags, plus other goodies, than if I would have spent $13.something in the premium shop for the signal flags, for only $4 more. I will welcome more economic signal flags from my 31 crates, lol.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles

Hmmm tough question. So:

image.thumb.png.b4ba2349ea2b155ddb5499405de1262f.png

VS

Super Containers

Super Containers hold much more valuable rewards than standard containers. Every collected daily container has a small chance (~1.5%) to become a Super Container. Super Containers are occasionally awarded directly. Possible contents include:[4]

• 100x standard signals;
  • 50x camouflages;
  • 25x, 50x, or 100x special signals;
  • 1,000, 2,500, or 5,000 Doubloons Doubloons;
  • 50,000 or 100,000 Free XP Free XP;
  • 7, 14, or 30 days Premium account Premium time;
  • 15,000 Coal Coal;
  • 1,500 Steel Steel;
  • A premium ship, with a 10 point commander and a port slot,

The more valuable the item (e.g. premium ship), the less likely it is to occur. The same rule applies for the amount: 1,000 Doubloons is received more often than 2,500 Doubloons, 25x than 100x special signals, etc.

So they are pretty close. I think super containers have better base loot (with higher and lower totals possible) but we think the ship drop rate in the Santa Crate is better. I think for the Christmas event I prefer the Santa crate for the ship drop chance but if you want consumables the Super Container is likely to be much better over time. 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Hmmm tough question. So:

image.thumb.png.b4ba2349ea2b155ddb5499405de1262f.png

VS

Super Containers

Super Containers hold much more valuable rewards than standard containers. Every collected daily container has a small chance (~1.5%) to become a Super Container. Super Containers are occasionally awarded directly. Possible contents include:[4]

• 100x standard signals;
  • 50x camouflages;
  • 25x, 50x, or 100x special signals;
  • 1,000, 2,500, or 5,000 Doubloons Doubloons;
  • 50,000 or 100,000 Free XP Free XP;
  • 7, 14, or 30 days Premium account Premium time;
  • 15,000 Coal Coal;
  • 1,500 Steel Steel;
  • A premium ship, with a 10 point commander and a port slot,

The more valuable the item (e.g. premium ship), the less likely it is to occur. The same rule applies for the amount: 1,000 Doubloons is received more often than 2,500 Doubloons, 25x than 100x special signals, etc.

So they are pretty close. I think super containers have better base loot (with higher and lower totals possible) but we think the ship drop rate in the Santa Crate is better. I think for the Christmas event I prefer the Santa crate for the ship drop chance but if you want consumables the Super Container is likely to be much better over time. 

I feel it's kind of a wash.

The odds of getting something good (ships, doubloons, coal, FXP, or premium) from the Santa's Gifts are better than the odds of getting something good from a supercontainer, but the booby prize for a supercontainer is better (either 100x regular signals or 50x camos vs. only 50x regular signals or as few as four (!) camos). 

Doubloon drops from a supercontainer are at least triple that of a Santa's gift. FXP is 5-10x as much. Coal is 6x as much. You can get steel from supercontainers. Ship drop from Santa's gifts even in the smalls is probably 2-5x better than in a supercontainer.

The only category where Santa's gifts have better rewards are for premium time, so if you are looking for that, Santa's gifts are better. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
6 hours ago, tjaluk said:

It was better when it was more Steel.