You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fuselighter13

Bring Back the Musashi?

52 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
5,825 battles

I love and play all the lines of the IJN; BB, CV, DD,  Cruisers (which are like big DDs):cap_rambo:. But the one ship I would like to play has supposedly been put out of my reach for eternity, I started playing world of warships just after Musashi was removed from the store, so I never had a chance to get it. I completely understand the developers reasons for removing Mushasi from the store (not saying I agree or disagree) but removing it completely?!? Musashi was removed to my knowledge because it was becoming too popular in the tier 9 line up (too many being played); the same reason was used to remove the Jean Bart, but then they add Jean Bart B to the store:Smile_sceptic::etc_red_button:. I think they should add Musashi to the steel, coal, or RP (research point) ship lines, I think it fits there perfectly. I am not saying make it cheep (I think 30,000 steel sounds reasonable), but at least make it obtainable through some means besides preying on Santa containers (since I don't own most of the premium ships and odds are near zero to get a musashi in the first place, I'm not even gonna try that way unless I literally win the lottery). If the Musashi is added to the steel, coal, or RP ship lines, I will save all my resources to get it, no matter how long it takes. I feel like I'm not alone in my thoughts and would like to see the Musashi become obtainable again in some way or form. 

[Y0L0W]
Members
579 posts
18,835 battles

Musashi is still here if you want to whale Santa Crates, at the back of the line past all the other ships you don’t want.

It’s probably one of the top 5 most OP ships tier for tier so I highly doubt it’s coming back for mainline resources.

[UN1]
Members
1,297 posts
4,049 battles

I can't see it intentionally brought back (outside of crates). It is crazy strong. Those guns just break bones at T9. 

Members
344 posts
25 battles

Whilst I don't have Musashi my understanding is that along with being very popular, it overperforms (these tend to go hand in hand esp. with high tier premium/reward ships). Even when compared to Jean Bart (my most played ship).

In raw stats with well over more than 2 million games on both the NA and EU servers, it is the best performing on both servers for both Win Rate and Average damage of the tier 9 battleships. 

Now there is a bit of selection bias, as it was available (IIRC) for both 750,000 FreeXP and later also for 176,000 coal and reward ships tend to end up in the hands of players after they have got to higher tiers for some time. The reward ships tend to do better than the most popular tech tree tier 9s, which is often the first tier 9 given the number of battleship main players.

Musashi is simply overpowerful for tier 9, as you get most of a Yamato, with the downside of worse (but still adequate) 1.8 sigma, even worse and utterly pathetic AA, worse secondaries. But getting back better ruddershift and 100 more HP (for some reason) than Yamato.

Yamato and Musashi do both share the same cheeky citadel vulnerability but the armour scheme is otherwise fairly good but whilst hit points aren't *everything* Musashi  with 97300 does get absurdly more than the rest of tier 9 battleships. Having over 18000 more than Izumo (78,900hp)  and 9000 than Sovetsky Soyuz (88,100).

Musashi and Yamato are some of the least flexible high tier ships in the game when it comes to concealment and manoeuvrability but they bring an absurd amount of brute strength to a battle.

Whilst I certainly don't like them dangling it as a reward of buying loot boxes, at least it only increases the population with it by a small amount.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[SRBL]
Members
536 posts
13,506 battles

Musashi with Yamamoto at T9 vs. T7 is comical. 

One of the greatest joys in this game is running down a hapless Colorado from behind with your Mush. 

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,294 posts
8,540 battles
2 hours ago, Fuselighter13 said:

Musashi was removed to my knowledge because it was becoming too popular in the tier 9 line up (too many being played)

The Musashi is one of the most blatantly over powered surface ships in the entire game.  It should never come back unless WG nerfs it or moves it to Tier 10.  

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
4,842 posts
21,263 battles
3 hours ago, Fuselighter13 said:

I love and play all the lines of the IJN; BB, CV, DD,  Cruisers (which are like big DDs):cap_rambo:. But the one ship I would like to play has supposedly been put out of my reach for eternity, I started playing world of warships just after Musashi was removed from the store, so I never had a chance to get it. I completely understand the developers reasons for removing Mushasi from the store (not saying I agree or disagree) but removing it completely?!? Musashi was removed to my knowledge because it was becoming too popular in the tier 9 line up (too many being played); the same reason was used to remove the Jean Bart, but then they add Jean Bart B to the store:Smile_sceptic::etc_red_button:. I think they should add Musashi to the steel, coal, or RP (research point) ship lines, I think it fits there perfectly. I am not saying make it cheep (I think 30,000 steel sounds reasonable), but at least make it obtainable through some means besides preying on Santa containers (since I don't own most of the premium ships and odds are near zero to get a musashi in the first place, I'm not even gonna try that way unless I literally win the lottery). If the Musashi is added to the steel, coal, or RP ship lines, I will save all my resources to get it, no matter how long it takes. I feel like I'm not alone in my thoughts and would like to see the Musashi become obtainable again in some way or form. 

I'd love to work for the Musashi !

Some of us, that are IJN Mains, have suggested to our host a "Santa's Helper" kind of event that starts in the fall.   Where players can put together a Christmas "wish list" of three ships that Santa would have.........and, a serious event built around it that would give a player access to those three choices.....

Now, many will start screaming about events before now that did similar things where you played and played and played and ended up having to spend money in the quest or at the end......   BUT, that isn't unreasonable if you can pick up one or more rare ships !  Especially, if you joined the game after they were removed.......

How the event would work is that you submit your list.  Santa would open the event for you.  The event isn't simple nor going to make many happy !  It involves all modes of play EXCEPT Clan and Ranked Battles....  Some players aren't in Clans and some simply are too new to have the ships at the upper levels.  So, Randoms from Tiers 4 to 10 to obtain "achievable mission requirements" (not 37.5 million BXP at tier 2......duh).  Then, you'd have to play "every scenario" to achieve specific objectives to that Scenario (like destroy 30 forts......or, 15 transports......or, repair 100K in damage....)  And, there'd be rental ships for players to use at each tier for those whom don't have them.   Then, COOP has the requirement to play every map that is in rotation, get a win in each class of ship (to include CV's.) on each map "just to start" the requirements in COOP.  The Halloween event wouldn't be included..... We're talking a lot of games because they rewards are "rare and for the most part, can't be bought with real money...."   This event DOES have a "buy" at the end........   These ships ARE NOT FREE......!  How well you do in the Event determines the discount......!!!  That way, those with the most time pay less and those casual players can still meet the minimums and have access to at least one rare ship...... 

Face it, I can't afford to buy 300 Mega Christmas crates....  But, if there is an event, that one rare ship that I can work for sure would compel me to try !!!   A lot, a serious lot of game it would take in modes of play I outright hate.......but, would play to obtain that Santa's Gift......  

Yes, we've seen other events similar to this and they stank to the heavens........  This one, is done well, could draw players out of retirement because it is an innovative way to obtain something "not in a loot box and not hidden behind "chance"....
 "A hard work equals hard rewards concept" that is Fair, Reasonable, and returns a profit to our host (all that time invested and the payments at the end) and a "real value" to us playing a lot of games for "stuff" we could never get - even if it is one ship........!!!

So, contact @Hapa_Fodder as I have and as him "why not?"    Contact them all and ask "why not"..... Other, more successful games do exactly that: allow you to submit real suggestions and receive real answers........

Edited by Asym_KS

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,568 posts

If anything, WG will put it out for steel and that would be a best case (and small chance) scenario.  Musashi was a ship that was a mistake to put out there, full stop in the way of balance.  Anybody with a few brain cells about this game with some working game knowledge saw this coming.

Besides, to offer up Musashi when its one of the grand prizes in the Santa/lootbox money scheme isn't likely.  Its two birds with one stone after all-- Keep an OP ship out for most under the justification of balance, *and* turn a fat profit on people all hoping to get lucky with only needing to hand her to a very tiny select few, those few being mostly whales who line their pockets.   A win-win scenario for WG.

Don't get your hopes up OP, unless you got a fat stack of cash to throw onto their table.

[-SBS-]
Members
2 posts
5,335 battles

How lucky was i then to get musashi as my 10th big gift container? Was the happy tears/laughing justified? 

• Cool 1

[BOINK]
Members
57 posts
7,638 battles
8 minutes ago, fzrs4523 said:

How lucky was i then to get musashi as my 10th big gift container? Was the happy tears/laughing justified? 

Exactly how I felt lmbo. Feel incredibly lucky to have obtained her in an xmas crate this year.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,250 posts
12,265 battles

I would very much like to welcome Musashi to my port.
And the Enterprise, too.

[NDA]
Supertester, Beta Testers
1,067 posts
10,589 battles

As one that owns her and rarely plays it, you can make a mistake in aiming and get odd hits that will put out some fast damage numbers.

I have to agree with the rest. It is an overpowered ship especially when it's matched against tier 7 and 8 ships

[FLTF1]
Members
223 posts
7,159 battles

Musashi is a cheater ship and should be banned for good. I know they will not, but still.

• Haha 2
  • Meh 4

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,292 posts
19,975 battles

Musashi went away because it makes 750k a game the second best atm after Missouri

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,917 posts
25,163 battles

Musashi is a worse, near copy of Yamato from Tier X, and stuffed into Tier IX.

Back when the CV Rebork was about to go Live, we had some talk about how some ships' standing among the playerbase could change, especially if CVs became more popular.  I actually said that Musashi's dominance in Tier IX could end if CVs were around more regularly, because her AA was a weakness.  But it hasn't slowed her down.  Not one bit.  Not even the arrival of FDR, German CV Line have slowed her stupidly high stats at all.

NA Server 4th Quarter 2020 stats

Musashi  109,375 Battles / 56.19% WR / 100,131 Dmg Avg

Pommern 195,138 Battles / 50.16% WR / 64,562 Dmg Avg

Jean Bart 139,641 Battles / 53.87% WR / 90,654 Dmg Avg - Not even JB comes close to Musashi's numbers, and JB is extremely strong for the tier herself!

Georgia  334,355 Battles / 52.69% WR / 79,270 Dmg Avg

Missouri 63,324 Battles / 52.96% WR / 75,851 Dmg Avg

Sovetsky Soyuz 114,468 Battles / 50.29% WR / 68,720 Dmg Avg - Best overall performing Tech Tree Tier IX BB.  Alsace, Lion do comparable Dmg Avg to Sov.Soyuz, but their WR% suck.  Iowa, FDG, Izumo suck really, REALLY bad in their numbers.  If you don't want to be depressed, don't look up the rest of the Tech Tree Tier IX BB stats.

Tier X Yamato  300,253 Battles / 49.48% WR / 89,243 Dmg Avg - I threw in Yamato's stats here for sh*ts and giggles.  She is a better version than Tier IX Musashi.  But Yamato is Tier X and fights in a brutally tough tier.  Everything is dangerous there.

A Massachusetts would be considered among Yamato's "weakest" BB opponents because she's Tier VIII.  Tier VIII has some very dangerous ships there still.

Meanwhile, Musashi gets to beat up on Colorados and Nagatos and a host of dinky Tier VII threats.  Her Tier X HP, Tier X Firepower, and Tier X Armor against Tier VII is just brutal.  This versus this... Pure comedy!

The numbers Musashi puts in break Tier IX balance.  She's so overpowering in her tier that she makes Jean Bart and Georgia look reasonable.  She's worse than Yamato, but Musashi's tier and MM bracket are absolutely superior.  She's done this ever since she was introduced.  She shouldn't come back, but seeing how WG temporarily brought Jean Bart back in the form of Jean Bart-Black... Now anything's possible.  WG has never brought back a pulled ship before, back into the shop until JB-Black happened.  That was a big precedent, IMO.  I would not be surprised anymore if Musashi came back as one of 2021's new Black Friday Ships.  People would explode trying to get her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[7AES]
Members
2,165 posts
33,565 battles
On 12/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, yashma said:

The Musashi is one of the most blatantly over powered surface ships in the entire game.  It should never come back unless WG nerfs it or moves it to Tier 10.  

Odd, when I say this I get a laundry list of reasons why it’s a T9. I think it’s those that don’t want to admit they’re “cheating”.

Agreed, it’s a T10. Perhaps a weaker T10, but a T10.

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,352 battles

I've had it for a while.  Glad I did pick it up.  It's something about IJN BB's.  I find the tech tree versions kind of boring and underwhelming.  But the premium ships in that line I actually enjoy.  I usually have a blast in Mutsu.  Even enjoy Ashitaka.  And the Moose is real fun to play.  I do agree that it's really a T10 stuffed into a T9 slot.  When you're top tier against T7's, it's downright disgusting.  It really is almost like an "A hull" Yammy where the Yammy would be the B hull version.  Dispersion is slightly worse on the Moose.  And AA values are kind of meaningless now given AA is kind of meaningless anyway.  And at the time the Moose was available, we were in the RTS CV era.  So CV's were a rarity in game.  So even then, the nerfed AA was meaningless.  

But because it's an out of place ship, I think the odds of it being put back in the shop or being made available for steel are essentially zero.  Only way I could see it in any form is if WG sells a mega-ultra-super whale mission.  Heck, during the BoBs charity stream someone paid $750 for a Missouri.  So the only way I could see WG selling it would involve stupid levels of money.  It would make the ARP Yammy price look like getting a Mikasa (using a coupon) by comparison.  

[CUDA]
Members
193 posts
7,511 battles

In coop a Musashi presented her cheek to my KGV at point blank range. One bow-on volley and 6 citadels later she went down. I thought I was a goner. I can't think of any other circumstance where I could beat one. That's bots for you.

Beta Testers
968 posts
4,184 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Odd, when I say this I get a laundry list of reasons why it’s a T9. I think it’s those that don’t want to admit they’re “cheating”.

Agreed, it’s a T10. Perhaps a weaker T10, but a T10.

More or less a Yamato after being raked by Thunderer HE. 

It's stupidly powerful in all Tier IX matches or below besides 3v3 brawl and I am annoyed I was playing other games when it was available.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,689 posts
8,888 battles
1 hour ago, Swervenkill said:

In coop a Musashi presented her cheek to my KGV at point blank range. One bow-on volley and 6 citadels later she went down. I thought I was a goner. I can't think of any other circumstance where I could beat one. That's bots for you.

Any BB and many heavy cruisers can do monster damage to a Yamato-class through the cheek. This is the only reason I don't mind facing them at any Tier. 

[SIM]
Members
5,599 posts
9,028 battles

I wouldn’t mind if they brought back most of the restricted ships, though coal or the Research Bureau would probably be a better option than the premium shop. And for the record, I have all of the restricted ships, so I’m not suggesting it for my own benefit.