You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_WaveRider_

Captain Rework and Alaska

11 comments in this topic

[USCC2]
Members
6,271 posts

Quick question to those that have the Alaska and understand the changes to the Captain skill points.

I was looking to get the Alaska before she is removed, but then wondered whether spending my Free XP was worth it?

Will I get that usual 'Yay, got something good', before delivery of the swift kick to the nether regions I usually experience?* :cap_happy:

(*My one ship from a SC container in 3 years was the Atlanta, just before the AA and IFHE changes :Smile_teethhappy:).

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,001 posts
12,470 battles

That depends on how you play cruisers and ehat Alaska means to you. WG could buff her after removal since people shelled out +~100 bucks for her. Also last time something like that happened, Kutazov to Albany recieved Range and RoF buffs.

Personally it's up to you. But yet again, I d

Usually don't play Alaska with fire prevention. Otherwise: 

2 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

save your free xp bro and even your $$ 

Exactly this. It's digital goods.

[USCC2]
Members
6,271 posts
6 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

save your free xp bro and even your $$ 

3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

That depends on how you play cruisers and ehat Alaska means to you. WG could buff her after removal since people shelled out +~100 bucks for her. Also last time something like that happened, Kutazov to Albany recieved Range and RoF buffs.

The FXP has just accumulated so isn't costing me anything (except for the time playing and most of the time that is enjoyable). I considered getting Hayate before WG put the 2 million price on it, but as I have the other 2 IJN DDs at Tier X I really didn't see the point of something that sits in the middle.

I was looking at both the Alaska and Agir, but remember reading something about the rework affecting the Bigger Cruisers, so wanted to check.

Thank you for your input :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
393 posts
7,144 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

The one thing i really love about capt skill is you can set it up the way you want it too...now its like WG wants you to set it up the way they like them too..kinda sad

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,161 posts
22,715 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The FXP has just accumulated so isn't costing me anything (except for the time playing and most of the time that is enjoyable). I considered getting Hayate before WG put the 2 million price on it, but as I have the other 2 IJN DDs at Tier X I really didn't see the point of something that sits in the middle.

I was looking at both the Alaska and Agir, but remember reading something about the rework affecting the Bigger Cruisers, so wanted to check.

Thank you for your input :Smile_honoring:

I have high hopes that WG will tweak the captain skills to show some love for cruisers. This is still a little early. Get Alaska.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,271 posts
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I have high hopes that WG will tweak the captain skills to show some love for cruisers. This is still a little early. Get Alaska.

I guess as the FXP is just sitting there I might as well, even if it is a crap ship after the changes it will be one ship less that I won't get if I ever win a ship in a container again lol.

Oh, unless I get the Alaska B!

• Cool 1

Members
314 posts
25 battles

Alaska and the other high tier large cruisers are going to suffer from losing Fire Prevention and similar "battleship" survival skills with the current direction of the skills rework but I think it'll still be a very strong ship.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[ARC]
Members
1,043 posts
11,338 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Quick question to those that have the Alaska and understand the changes to the Captain skill points.

I was looking to get the Alaska before she is removed, but then wondered whether spending my Free XP was worth it?

Will I get that usual 'Yay, got something good', before delivery of the swift kick to the nether regions I usually experience?* :cap_happy:

(*My one ship from a SC container in 3 years was the Atlanta, just before the AA and IFHE changes :Smile_teethhappy:).

Do you have any supercruiser? If so, you can test the survivability change at once. In case you don't have any high tier American premium cruiser, then I recommend getting her. God knows when are we gonna get another US cruiser at tier 9.

26 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Don't put much hope into it. Of all the changes, this (alongside BFT+AFT absence) seems like one of the changes tha will come through even if they don't change anything else. WG decided to raise supercruiser's firepower with captain skills and nerf their survivability, and in a Q&A session they specified those changes were a compensation for what they are going to lose.

[USCC2]
Members
6,271 posts

Many thanks to all, I'll end up getting it and hoping for the best -sad that getting a new ship makes me feel that way nowadays.

Merry Christmas all; stay safe. :cap_happy:

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,028 battles
50 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

The one thing i really love about capt skill is you can set it up the way you want it too...now its like WG wants you to set it up the way they like them too..kinda sad

WG: "You  will play our game our way, tovarisch."  

10 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Alaska and the other high tier large cruisers are going to suffer from losing Fire Prevention and similar "battleship" survival skills with the current direction of the skills rework but I think it'll still be a very strong ship.

Losing fire prevention for the super cruisers will be painful as they already 'burn like battleships'. 

All they need now is some other global adjustment nerf.