You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

How server population is with graph.

34 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,907 battles

image.thumb.png.5264d1e6070e05a8b3428d8da45115c2.png

image.thumb.png.303894fc3d13029204c95475091f5cbe.png

image.thumb.png.02487b83b6aa4282f78464e6ccaafb20.png

image.thumb.png.8139f61445c85263be132a6bcd71e527.png

This does not take into account players with hidden profiles which could be sizable on asia server.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles

But reddit told me the playerbase is declining because of WG's terrible decisions:Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
679 posts
9,831 battles

the overall numbers go up and down due to seasonal play

heres is the 5 year look as you can see it goes up it does down it goes up it goes down. etc

but by far 2020 is the strongest year.

na server stats.JPG

Edited by DevilD0g

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts

Certainly got a COVID bump, particularly in Asia.

I am very surprised the NA average is even lower than the Asia average.  I also did not realize the RU average was so relatively low, or EU had the highest average.

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
679 posts
9,831 battles

if  you have ever played on the asian server (and i have) you will know that its full of bots.. The random games on the asia server are like the co-op games on the NA server, so think yourself lucky you play in the NA server

having a high skill level kill death percentage on the Asia server is nothing to brag about.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Sad 1

Members
394 posts
7,164 battles
38 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

heres is the 5 year look as you can see it goes up it does down it goes up it goes down. etc

na server stats.JPG

2020 is the strongest year TRUE  ( BUT) because of COVID and Lockdown ...After this pandemic lets see how the population on NA

ASIA server dont get a lot of population  consistent on this game and that is true why? Because they play more other games than WOWS .

Members
394 posts
7,164 battles
42 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

if  you have ever played on the asian server (and i have) you will know that its full of bots.. The random games on the asia server are like the co-op games on the NA server, so think yourself lucky you play in the NA server

having a high skill level kill death percentage on the Asia server is nothing to brag about.

You from Asia server?Seriously? ok wait.....Yeah i can tell by your (heheheh) i believe you :cap_like:Thank you for sharing.

Edited by 9TenSix2Eight

[REVY]
Members
8,139 posts
6,118 battles
43 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

I also did not realize the RU average was so relatively low, or EU had the highest average.

Which makes the Russian bias very strange since Russians would rather play the historic ships like the Bismarck.

Members
394 posts
7,164 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Which makes the Russian bias very strange since Russians would rather play the historic ships like the Bismarck.

I thought RU players loves world of war tanks right?

[REVY]
Members
8,139 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, 9TenSix2Eight said:

I thought RU players loves world of war tanks right?

Yeah, cause Russians actually have a history with tanks in WW2 unlike with World of Warships and their wonderful napkin designs.

• Funny 1

Volunteer Moderator, Volunteer Moderator
428 posts
5,436 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

Even the population on steam has been growing. Before you know what, the pop was on a very steady increase. on launch, it was averaging about 5k and averaged 10k just before the big shutdown. Even after all the craziness of 2020 its stabilizing to just about 10-15k which is still overall growth.

2018 the year it launched on steam
  unknown.png

2020 is now stabilizing 
unknown.png

[ARRSE]
Members
213 posts
1,405 battles

Is there any way of knowing if the figures are for genuine independent customer accounts, or if some of them are generated by the company itself?

IIRC maintaining "steady" or "growing" player numbers is an important game industry metric, and one upon which a lot of investment or other financial issues are based. Accordingly, it'd obviously be in the interest of a company to "top up" player numbers - and there is AFAIK no independent verification of the account identities.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 hour ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Why does SEA have a sizable portion of players with hidden profiles?

No more than the EU. Probably has to do with how "open" the society is and the culture of privacy. No server has even close to 1% hiddens though. Most players probably don't even know they can hide their profile.

Asia 0.51%

NA 0.29%

EU 0.50%

RU 0.74%

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 hour ago, Turbogerbil said:

Is there any way of knowing if the figures are for genuine independent customer accounts, or if some of them are generated by the company itself?

Of course WG creates accounts. There are test accounts, press accounts, and accounts for events, etc. However, the numbers you are seeing in the graphs are active logons. Some people may log on only to do builds or research things but most probably log on to play the game.

This site gives you players and battles if you want to research things in more detail.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html 

[GRETA]
Members
439 posts
16,386 battles

I found the lowest high points interesting. 

The left side should start in late December as Santa crates dropped off and New Years events came on.

The right side is this year as Thanksgiving events ended and Santa crates were in full swing.

That is a significant difference.  

Untitled.png

Edited by cmdr_bigdog

Members
934 posts
4,023 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Of course WG creates accounts. There are test accounts, press accounts, and accounts for events, etc. However, the numbers you are seeing in the graphs are active logons. Some people may log on only to do builds or research things but most probably log on to play the game.

This site gives you players and battles if you want to research things in more detail.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html 

Oh good lord.  That's a lot of detail.  Need...more...coffee...

My favorite data captures are the ones titled "Vacation Sorry".

[WOLF6]
Members
201 posts
8,530 battles

I suspect that once the Christmas/New Year events start, you'll see another influx of people joining as we see every year. Then in Feb, it'll probably drop off again until another exciting patch comes.

[SALVO]
Members
2,662 posts
6,775 battles
6 minutes ago, surratus said:

Oh good lord.  That's a lot of detail.  Need...more...coffee...

My favorite data captures are the ones titled "Vacation Sorry".

maple syrup is the most comprehensive API information gathering tool.  Also the only one with weekly breakdowns allowing us to sort out what effects patches have.  

The reason why its the "most " comprehensive is because sites like wows-numbers  only ask the API for data if a name has been searched for on their site.   While supposedly maple syrup trawls and combines player names from all those websites and also queries and collects names off of all the forums.  So while it still won't get all players it will get more. 

Edited by eviltane

[EQRN]
Members
2,161 posts
19,078 battles

“If the population isn’t declining, things must be good” - No... just no.  For God’s sake, if you think like this, never, ever open a business and expect to do well.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
22 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

“If the population isn’t declining, things must be good” - No... just no.  For God’s sake, if you think like this, never, ever open a business and expect to do well.

So help me try to understand what your saying...       If population is declining.. it's real bad... If it is stable.. its probably still  bad.   If there's slow growth it's still ....bad?  Help me here I'm struggling?   I really need some Reddit style logic to help me wade through all this greater understanding.    

• Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,161 posts
19,078 battles
3 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

So help me try to understand what your saying...       If population is declining.. it's real bad... If it is stable.. its probably still  bad.   If there's slow growth it's still ....bad?  Help me here I'm struggling?   I really need some Reddit style logic to help me wade through all this greater understanding.    

I don’t know what Reddit style logic is, but I know a strawman when I see it.  I hope you don’t have to struggle with that one...

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts
15 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

The random games on the asia server are like the co-op games on the NA server, so think yourself lucky you play in the NA server

14 hours ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

ASIA server dont get a lot of population  consistent on this game and that is true why? Because they play more other games than WOWS .

Why do people consistently say the Asia server has a low population?

The charts in the OP show average server population size, in declining order, as:

• EU
  • RU
  • Asia
  • NA

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts
8 hours ago, eviltane said:

The reason why its the "most " comprehensive is because sites like wows-numbers  only ask the API for data if a name has been searched for on their site.   While supposedly maple syrup trawls and combines player names from all those websites and also queries and collects names off of all the forums.  So while it still won't get all players it will get more. 

I am not sure the statement about name searches or trawling and combining name sources is correct.

The WoWs API documents have very explicit discussions about API users not revealing information from hidden accounts.  Such a prohibition would hardly seem necessary if API users had no way to access such data.

If access to WoWs data was only on a name-specific basis, how would aggregate information such as the number of hidden accounts possibly be obtained?

Edited by C14Alpha