You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

USS Black

11 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,197 posts

What is the status of this ship?  Is she retired?  Going to be used later on as a coal ship?  Used a free ship for missions?  The USS Black was not in that long list of ships used for the Santa crates.  I am just wondering as I would like to acquire her one day.....

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

It will be coming back for coal at some point, just as Flint and Neustrashimy did this patch. We don't know when that will be, but it will be coming back eventually.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles

It's going to be expensive as it has smoke and radar. Expect it to be 280,000 coal, approximately. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,888 posts
28,251 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It's going to be expensive as it has smoke and radar. Expect it to be 280,000 coal, approximately. 

Nah, it'll  be expensive because like the Flint and Neustrashimy, it was a steel ship.  And WG will set the coal price for the same reason they did with the Flint and Neustrashimy, i.e. to protect their value in steel (or so they say).

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,591 posts
9,028 battles

The official stance is that she'll be back for Coal at some point. She'll probably be at the same price that Neustrashimy is currently.

[PVE]
Members
7,337 posts
23,195 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

The official stance is that she'll be back for Coal at some point. She'll probably be at the same price that Neustrashimy is currently.

Somebody suggested Black will be cheaper as it was a cheaper steel price than Neustrashimy (or so they said...I don't remember what prices they were)

They guestimated about 202k coal for Black comparatively.

[CMFRT]
Modder
984 posts
2,391 battles

Hoping it comes back... its one of the few steel ships that actually interests me so getting it for coal would be neat.

[PTRGT]
Members
421 posts
52,768 battles

It will be back for coal but seeing how they reintroduced the Flint you probably won't be able to use a discount coupon on it when it's released. 

0 posts

I will spend as much coal as necessary. Looking forward to seeing it back in armory. Already saving.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Somebody suggested Black will be cheaper as it was a cheaper steel price than Neustrashimy (or so they said...I don't remember what prices they were)

They guestimated about 202k coal for Black comparatively.

That was me ... Black was selling at 68% the cost of Neus when they were both steel (14,000 vs 20,500)

If that ratio would stay in effect for coal,  the Black would be 202k (68% of 296k for Neus) ... that's a big "IF" ... I would never bet on what WG might do

BlackVsNeuSteel.jpg

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles

The problem with black was the original reward system which gave it was very hard; they will make it very expensive to not piss those players off.

Edited by Cit_the_bed