Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Fail Division Dump with Two CVs

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,174 posts
18,833 battles

The concept of the OP CV is mostly a mindset.  If MM hands you a lemon...time to make some lemonade.  Enjoy...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
12 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The concept of the OP CV is mostly a mindset.  If MM hands you a lemon...time to make some lemonade.  Enjoy...

"Didn't realize Ferrari makes that ship." LOL, the enemy CV had a good sense of humor when you dodged all those torps.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
30 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Man I started getting nauseous on those constant zooms in/out... phew... 

First some thoughts: 

You might want to consider a mod in Modstation that indicates the target's direction with green, yellow and red signals overhead in the target's text box. It's a nice mod. 

Also, at least for me, that combined with the existing line drawn for the ship really helps you nail down what the target is doing. I noticed most of the misses were close shots where the target was turning in or out. Using those two indicators can really help. 

Do you use the dynamic sights? They too are a huge help. I am also curious - you ever try the free view mode using the right mouse button? Your mains stay where they are pointed when you jump outside the turrets to see what you want to see. Very helpful too. 

Finally, on thoughts, do you use the minimap much? I'm almost to the point where I'm minimapping nearly the entire match except when I'm ready to fire. It doesn't feel right when you first start doing it - like you are missing out on some visual clues - but once you trust it, gosh it makes the game much less stressful. 

Okay now for the match! 

I believe you made the right choice at the end. Your CV offered what's normally considered the correct choice, that being, stay with the carrier for AA. But the way things were panning out, your choice was the best choice. Congratulations you did well. 

This game reminded me of matches I've had - wherein, you look at your final totals and think, "Man, that's the hardest I've ever had to work for that amount of damage!". 

So glad the GC remained the GC. She's a fine ship - I wish more ships had her balance going on. Again, congratulations on a good match. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,102 posts
11,809 battles

I could only watch up till the first 2 kills the zooming in and out was giving me headache but nice game . 

Edited by clammboy

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,174 posts
18,833 battles

Yeah, my zoom in and out is just my play style.  It's automatic now.  I don't even know I'm doing it in game.  Just part of my Situational Awareness technique.  Over the years, I guess  I've discovered being zoomed in too long and you get tunnel vision.  So my adaptation has been to zoom in only long enough to get a bearing.  Then out...then in. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Sign in to follow this