You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Show_me_ur_cits

JB and Kaga missions

24 comments in this topic

[MOTHS]
Members
3 posts
446 battles

I got the JB and the Kaga in the black friday containers and with them came missions, that once your get 5 victories then you get 2500 dubs, but none of my victories are being counted towards this. Ive tried clicking on them, ive tried changing game modes, nothing works. anyone have any ideas how i can get the wins counted?

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
3,887 posts
14,029 battles

The missions are compensation for owners of the regular versions of those ships.

You need the JB and Kaga non-B versions.

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,569 battles

Yes.  Buy the regular JB and Kaga.  The missions that came with your Jean Bart B and Kaga B are not for those ships.  They are for those who also own the regular versions.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
313 posts
8,294 battles

What you got in the Black Friday Containers were JB-Black and the Kaga-Black, which are different ships from the JB and the Kaga. The missions are, as others have said, for the normal ships - JB and the Kaga.

[FORM]
Members
1,959 posts
12,598 battles
1 minute ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

thanks for the replies, but i cant help but feel somehow cheated.

Every one of us who goes through the realization of a mission we can't complete popping up goes through the same feelings. I went through it in 2018 with my Asashio... every year it happens again with more folks.  The stupid missions will eventually age out and disappear and the annoyance will fade... have fun with the ships, they're both very solid.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,365 posts
22,158 battles
1 hour ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

I got the JB and the Kaga in the black friday containers and with them came missions, that once your get 5 victories then you get 2500 dubs, but none of my victories are being counted towards this. Ive tried clicking on them, ive tried changing game modes, nothing works. anyone have any ideas how i can get the wins counted?

IT SAYS RIGHT IN MISSION REQUIRING REGULAR JB and Kaga....

English so hard, considering this is the 100th thread since black friday on sane subject for the third year in a row.....

Reading apparently isn't required. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Members
474 posts
10,083 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes.  Buy the regular JB and Kaga.  The missions that came with your Jean Bart B and Kaga B are not for those ships.  They are for those who also own the regular versions.

There's no "regular JB" anymore, but thanks for the misinformation.

• Meh 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,166 posts
19,116 battles
2 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

The forums aren’t just a place to gripe, they’re a place to learn a thing or two.  Every year, for the *past 3 years* these threads crop up around these black ships, and you would have known exactly what you were getting into.

• Cool 1

[APEZ]
Members
9 posts
4,017 battles
9 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

ur the one who is spreading misinformation genius.

The regular JB still exists.  I have one sitting in my port in fact.  

*suprised pikachu*

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,569 battles
12 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

LOL, OMG, literal much?  Yes, you are correct, the regular Jean Bart is not currently available to purchase.  I feel you need a cookie for that.  :Smile_medal::Smile_smile:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

Members
474 posts
10,083 battles
19 minutes ago, kitty_cat_swag said:

ur the one who is spreading misinformation genius.

The regular JB still exists.  I have one sitting in my port in fact.  

*suprised pikachu*

I meant the regular JB wasn't available for purchase anymore. Did you not read the part that said "Buy the regular JB and Kaga" I was replying to?

Edited by Singularity_invader
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,158 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

IT SAYS RIGHT IN MISSION REQUIRING REGULAR JB and Kaga....

English so hard, considering this is the 100th thread since black friday on sane subject for the third year in a row.....

Reading apparently isn't required. 

Posts like this are getting old (about that required reading***)...

STOP CAP SHOUTING AT 1ST TIME POSTERS!!! (***Maybe try reading how many posts a person has before you start screaming like a lunatic).

HInt: Probably means that he hasn't seen any of the 100 threads you are referring to & are obviously so upset about.

Is it really so important to you that you need to post about it...& IN ALL CAPS!!! (Apparently it wasn't important enough for WG to post in all caps in the articles...instead they misworded the intro to the article & waited until the end to eventually clarify it).

Why can't you people just let it go...or at least check to see if the poster has even been around the forums long enough to have the slightest idea what you are even talking (re: ranting) about.

I can see going off on veteran players for not realizing that WG intentionally miswords articles at the start & only clarifies details at the bottom of articles & that the veteran player should understand this by now...

Or that WG will invariably say that something obviously got lost in translation because they're a Russian company &... Oops...did it again...after 2 previous years of doing it in a row...oops...did it again.

There are plenty of Russians people that speak perfectly good English...& w/$90M last year they can afford to hire at least 1 of them. (In case you missed it...this is hyperbole...WG has many employees already that speak perfectly good English [& always has...since day 1]. The misleading information is no accident...it is 100% intentional & working as INTENDED...to mislead new players into buying & then running the ship to do the mission only to be told they can't get a refund because they already ran the ship in battle. The discount compared to be regular price is irrelevant to the deception).

23 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The forums aren’t just a place to gripe, they’re a place to learn a thing or two.  Every year, for the *past 3 years* these threads crop up around these black ships, and you would have known exactly what you were getting into.

Account started 1 month & 5 days ago...how dare he hasn't read every single thread in the forums for the last 3 years...

He's definitely the 1 in the wrong here.

Disclaimer: OP is definitely a reroll...so he probably is aware of it & just trolling.

But this is not the 1st thread w/a 1st time poster getting attacked by veteran players that are 100% aware of WG's deceptive & underhanded ways & assuming the 1st time poster is supposed to have the whole past contents of the forums memorized.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
3 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

2 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

As people have stated, the missions are for the "normal" non-"B" ships.

I'm not sure what you paid for the containers.  So, I ask you, did you pay more $$ or doubloons than the cost of the Kaga-B and Jean Bart-B?  
You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to.
But if you paid less than the straight-up cost of those "Black" ships, which are already lower priced than their "normal" counterparts, then you got a good deal.

The Jean Bart-B is the only version of Jean Bart available recently.  Jean Bart was removed from the premium shop and the armory.  And Jean Bart-B performs as well as Jean Bart.

So, aside from the mission conditions, you've got two very popular ships that should serve you well (as long as you play them properly).

I got the Scharnhorst-B during a previous year's event and she arrived in a container.  She was a pleasant surprise and I'm glad to have her in my port.
But, the cost of purchasing the "normal" Scharnhorst would have been counter-productive for my wallet.  So, I decided to enjoy the tuxedo version of Scharnhorst without worrying about getting her "normal" sister.
No regrets.

Congratulations on your new ships.  I hope you'll enjoy playing them for years to come.

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,569 battles
20 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

you've got two very popular ships that should serve you well (as long as you play them properly).

That's kind of the big kick.  If I see a "B" ship on my team recently, I can't help but to groan a bit.  Nearly every time, they play like newbies.  In my last game, the JB-B skirted the edge of the map, chatted his dissatisfaction with his team's performance, and demanded assistance...from the outskirts of the rest of the team.  From my perspective, there are obviously a lot of new-ish players who recently acquired high-tier B ships...they have no idea how to play them, but think having them instantly turns them into salty veterans.

Finding a player in a B ship that actually understands how to play recently has been, for me, a precious rarity.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
271 posts
5,019 battles

Read the many threads about the subject.The devil is in the details.  As in read the fine print! 

4 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

I got the JB and the Kaga in the black friday containers

You got he JB B and Kaga B.  The missions are for the JB and Kaga.  Missions are for the normal JB and Kaga, not the "B" versions. Welcome to wargaming

[ARGSY]
Members
22,351 posts
16,264 battles
4 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

No, you got the Black ships at a substantial discount from what the ordinary ones would have cost you, and there is no justification for that feeling.

The missions are to compensate owners of the originals for having bought/won a duplicate of a ship they already have. 

I bought Asashio Black last year, and Kaga Black and Atago Black this year, because all three were substantially discounted over their normal comrades. I KNEW, because the main news page TOLD me so, that these missions were not for the Black ships - just as they were last year and the year before that. I know I will NEVER be able to run those missions. AND I DON'T CARE.

So much trouble would be averted if people came here first to ask rather than coming here afterwards to complain.

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

That's kind of the big kick.  If I see a "B" ship on my team recently, I can't help but to groan a bit.  Nearly every time, they play like newbies.  In my last game, the JB-B skirted the edge of the map, chatted his dissatisfaction with his team's performance, and demanded assistance...from the outskirts of the rest of the team.  From my perspective, there are obviously a lot of new-ish players who recently acquired high-tier B ships...they have no idea how to play them, but think having them instantly turns them into salty veterans.

Finding a player in a B ship that actually understands how to play recently has been, for me, a precious rarity.

I have several "Black" ships in the Fleet of my Port.
Should we meet in battle, I shall try not to disappoint you.  :cap_tea:

[MOTHS]
Members
3 posts
446 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As people have stated, the missions are for the "normal" non-"B" ships.

I'm not sure what you paid for the containers.  So, I ask you, did you pay more $$ or doubloons than the cost of the Kaga-B and Jean Bart-B?  
You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to.
But if you paid less than the straight-up cost of those "Black" ships, which are already lower priced than their "normal" counterparts, then you got a good deal.

The Jean Bart-B is the only version of Jean Bart available recently.  Jean Bart was removed from the premium shop and the armory.  And Jean Bart-B performs as well as Jean Bart.

So, aside from the mission conditions, you've got two very popular ships that should serve you well (as long as you play them properly).

I got the Scharnhorst-B during a previous year's event and she arrived in a container.  She was a pleasant surprise and I'm glad to have her in my port.
But, the cost of purchasing the "normal" Scharnhorst would have been counter-productive for my wallet.  So, I decided to enjoy the tuxedo version of Scharnhorst without worrying about getting her "normal" sister.
No regrets.

Congratulations on your new ships.  I hope you'll enjoy playing them for years to come.

i got the whatever the conatainers that looked like sea mines are called. i got 8 of them for 40$ i think, got a lot of flags, camo, 2500 dubs, and those 2 ships, i was very happy with that, considering the JB alone is like $77 in the shop.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,878 posts
7,366 battles
7 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

What you got in the Black Friday Containers were JB-Black and the Kaga-Black, which are different ships from the JB and the Kaga. The missions are, as others have said, for the normal ships - JB and the Kaga.

Well they have different names on them, they're the EXACT same ship however. 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,878 posts
7,366 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

B ships are a very good deal, but all ships are still available for money regardless.  My anniversary happens to occur 10 days before the BF stuff usually shows up.  Using a 30% off coupon to buy doubs followed by ships that are 30% off ends up making something like the Mass end up costing the equiv of ~6k doubs.

Now an ARP Yammy OTOH, you're likely going to be short a viable BB if it's on your team. 

[LWA]
Members
1,195 posts
8 hours ago, Show_me_ur_cits said:

It looks like the only way to get the Jean Bart is from the Santa Crates

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,365 posts
22,158 battles
21 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Posts like this are getting old (about that required reading***)...

STOP CAP SHOUTING AT 1ST TIME POSTERS!!! (***Maybe try reading how many posts a person has before you start screaming like a lunatic).

HInt: Probably means that he hasn't seen any of the 100 threads you are referring to & are obviously so upset about.

Is it really so important to you that you need to post about it...& IN ALL CAPS!!! (Apparently it wasn't important enough for WG to post in all caps in the articles...instead they misworded the intro to the article & waited until the end to eventually clarify it).

Why can't you people just let it go...or at least check to see if the poster has even been around the forums long enough to have the slightest idea what you are even talking (re: ranting) about.

I can see going off on veteran players for not realizing that WG intentionally miswords articles at the start & only clarifies details at the bottom of articles & that the veteran player should understand this by now...

Or that WG will invariably say that something obviously got lost in translation because they're a Russian company &... Oops...did it again...after 2 previous years of doing it in a row...oops...did it again.

There are plenty of Russians people that speak perfectly good English...& w/$90M last year they can afford to hire at least 1 of them. (In case you missed it...this is hyperbole...WG has many employees already that speak perfectly good English [& always has...since day 1]. The misleading information is no accident...it is 100% intentional & working as INTENDED...to mislead new players into buying & then running the ship to do the mission only to be told they can't get a refund because they already ran the ship in battle. The discount compared to be regular price is irrelevant to the deception).

Account started 1 month & 5 days ago...how dare he hasn't read every single thread in the forums for the last 3 years...

He's definitely the 1 in the wrong here.

Disclaimer: OP is definitely a reroll...so he probably is aware of it & just trolling.

But this is not the 1st thread w/a 1st time poster getting attacked by veteran players that are 100% aware of WG's deceptive & underhanded ways & assuming the 1st time poster is supposed to have the whole past contents of the forums memorized.

First clue they should know better, " i got a mission".

Second clue, " they only talk about part of mission"

Then they complain.....