You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dasha_Eyes

BOTS IS THE WURST!

21 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,030 posts
15,791 battles

The bot DD's on my team in Randoms sat like this the entire game.

Meanwhile, the Red Team's DD bots are torpin' er'body up in there....

shot-20.12.14_08.28.29-0642.jpg

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,178 posts
26,825 battles

Bots is the sausage? :cap_wander:

But yeah; the logic decision loops bots get stuck in sometimes can only make you shake your head.

I watched a bot Monarch on (Co-op) Shards get stuck in one of those gaps around C...

...it, FINALLY, managed to work its way out of being stuck, only to immediately start reversing what it had done and get stuck again.

[HINON]
Members
13,829 posts
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

If they get close to each other, they like to stop and talk.

Thus begins the process of how new bots are created . . .

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,495 posts
14,827 battles

There were "smart" bots for a short time once and the uproar was deafening.

• Meh 1

[ROTTN]
Members
56 posts
14,770 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thus begins the process of how new bots are created . . .

OK, that made me make a mess of my keyboard. thank you for that

[PVE]
Members
7,296 posts
23,183 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bots is the sausage? :cap_wander:

I think he meant, "BRAT is the WURST" :Smile_hiding:

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Because all the "smart" bots would do was turn around and run as soon as they were attacked, resulting in co-op games getting needlessly dragged out having to chase bots across the map. At one point they also tested increased bot AI on PTS, but the AI was set so high that you needed a team of really strong co-op mains to have a decent chance of winning (and if I recall correctly that either didn't make it to live at all or was rolled back pretty quickly). Both times the uproar was not about the fact that bots weren't 'easy mode' kills anymore, rather the fact that they weren't "smart" or went from one extreme to the other. Most of the dedicated co-op mains were for an increase in allied and enemy bot AI, but both attempts were sledgehammer changes that resulted in even more problems rather than addressing most the issues co-op mains were pointing out.

• Cool 1

[L-H]
Members
35 posts
20,870 battles

That was a epic weekend with the smarter Botts. Win rates were below 50% for the humans in COOP.   And yes, people were pisses.  Lols :cap_fainting:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,495 posts
14,827 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Because all the "smart" bots would do was turn around and run as soon as they were attacked, resulting in co-op games getting needlessly dragged out having to chase bots across the map. At one point they also tested increased bot AI on PTS, but the AI was set so high that you needed a team of really strong co-op mains to have a decent chance of winning (and if I recall correctly that either didn't make it to live at all or was rolled back pretty quickly). Both times the uproar was not about the fact that bots weren't 'easy mode' kills anymore, rather the fact that they weren't "smart" or went from one extreme to the other. Most of the dedicated co-op mains were for an increase in allied and enemy bot AI, but both attempts were sledgehammer changes that resulted in even more problems rather than addressing most the issues co-op mains were pointing out.

True but if you played the objectives more like in randoms you could easily get 500 base experience for a not much longer match time without being top of the charts.

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts
On 12/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dasha_Eyes said:

The bot DD's on my team in Randoms sat like this the entire game.

Meanwhile, the Red Team's DD bots are torpin' er'body up in there....

shot-20.12.14_08.28.29-0642.jpg

Lol guess the bots needs more ram (not the Random Access Memory kind) for proper functionality.

Granted this personally a tad on the amusing side. Can imagine it being frustrating for you guys/gals in that round if they are the only 2 bots to survive until the end...

Edited by scoots76

[WPORT]
Members
7,174 posts
12,186 battles

"... machines need love, too.  ..."

Sarah Connor's answering machine greeting, from the movie "The Terminator"

Spoiler

Hi, there. Fooled you. You're talking to a machine. 

But don't be shy. It's OK. Machines need love, too. 

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/terminator-script-transcript-arnold-schwarzenegger.html

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Members
474 posts
10,115 battles
On 12/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, BrushWolf said:

The only logical reason is that WG refused to increase rewards for co-op battles and random battles with bots after filling in the "smart" bots. Let's face it: people would accept more difficult challenges if the rewards are high enough. It's part of human nature really.

Edited by Singularity_invader

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,495 posts
14,827 battles
53 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

The only logical reason is that WG refused to increase rewards for co-op battles and random battles with bots after filling in the "smart" bots. Let's face it: people would accept more difficult challenges if the rewards are high enough. It's part of human nature really.

Actually they did increase the rewards because playing the objectives would yield a comfortable 500 or so base, instead of the more typical 300, for a match that was only a couple of minutes longer. The people that continued to play to kill were the ones that didn't get more.

Members
474 posts
10,115 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually they did increase the rewards because playing the objectives would yield a comfortable 500 or so base, instead of the more typical 300, for a match that was only a couple of minutes longer. The people that continued to play to kill were the ones that didn't get more.

Wouldn't scenarios/objectives be another subject matter than co-op and random games though?

[TFFOX]
Members
972 posts
2,157 battles

I was grinding gangut a week ago and there was a bot myogi on my team who rammed an island, reversed, rammed an island, reversed, rammed an island, and reversed. what a moron.

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
7 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Was expecting a pun...(walks away grumbling):cap_viking:

If bots are being brats, are they bratwurst? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
141 posts
16,226 battles

i wish bots were much tougher in co-op then you might see some team work instead of the rush up kill that inindates this mode.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,046 battles
2 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

If bots are being brats, are they bratwurst? :Smile_hiding:

Brats? Even wurst: they're Hakarls!?

• Funny 1