Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MizzenMast

Unlucky ships?

26 comments in this topic

[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles

I finally got back to the RU DD line & got the Grozovoi yesterday playing 8 matches in it. Overall I like the bote & am mostly doing well in it & yet I cant seem to win a match with it (8 matches in it & a 12% WR (yes 1 match won)). Baring 2 matches where I got deleted (1 focused down by a CV & the other in a crossfire between Moskva & Stalingrad) & I doing no damage, my numbers have been pretty good in it. 

That got me to thinking, was it just a string of potato teams or is the Grozovoi going to be one of my unlucky ships? I'm sure most of you have had similar situations. You have a ship & despite its capabilities & your doing well in matches with it, you just rarely seem to pull off a win. 

I am hoping the Grozovoi is just a fluke but for me the Kremlin & Conqueror are no fluke. I put up good numbers in them & yet still have a significantly substandard WR in them. 

So what are your unlucky ships?

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles

Omaha. Omaha omaha omaha. i hate that bote

Edited by AdmiralFox08

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles

My most Unlucky ship is The USS Puerto Rico which I don't play much so I decided to take her out and play the ship until I got a win and then stop. It took me (9) loss's in a row before I got the win on the 10th try . Dam ! it will be a while before I take her out again the bitter taste from yesterday is still here today .   Dam...............  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,171 posts
22,715 battles
21 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I finally got back to the RU DD line & got the Grozovoi yesterday playing 8 matches in it. Overall I like the bote & am mostly doing well in it & yet I cant seem to win a match with it (8 matches in it & a 12% WR (yes 1 match won)). Baring 2 matches where I got deleted (1 focused down by a CV & the other in a crossfire between Moskva & Stalingrad) & I doing no damage, my numbers have been pretty good in it. 

That got me to thinking, was it just a string of potato teams or is the Grozovoi going to be one of my unlucky ships? I'm sure most of you have had similar situations. You have a ship & despite its capabilities & your doing well in matches with it, you just rarely seem to pull off a win. 

I am hoping the Grozovoi is just a fluke but for me the Kremlin & Conqueror are no fluke. I put up good numbers in them & yet still have a significantly substandard WR in them. 

Grozovoi is unlucky for me, too. She was my last T10 (that I have in port) that needed her UU finished. I just gave up after losing around 74% of my games. No UU for her...

[KOTOR]
Members
68 posts
5,116 battles

Colorado. and Kirov when she was tech lines. took her out one time, just started into a match, got spotted, then instantly blapped by a New Mexico at full range. not even a detonation. just regular pen. I sold it after that.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,426 posts
16,285 battles

Lion (sigh, that grind started spectacularly well and then fell straight in a hole), and Parseval.

Both ships seem to be a guarantee for teams that either fold hard and die quick or start out strong and then try too hard to win and die quick.

Parseval seems also to guarantee an almost automatic trip to Tier 10, which is very painful when two out of your three flights are biplanes. At least I have finally struggled through to the upgraded torp bombers and now have three torps per drop.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,202 posts
1,505 battles
1 hour ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

In before MAKAROV!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Depends though did you get Makarov from a free container or a paid one because if got it from a free one then it's a lucky ship :fish_cute_2: Now if you got from paid container well :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

[_BDA_]
Members
429 posts
6,990 battles
24 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

Can't for the life of me get wins in my Tallinn, then again I hear that it is one of the weaker ships in the RU CA line.

The Russians have a weak ship?

[RBMK2]
Members
349 posts
7,062 battles
2 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I wouldnt say its weak, it is deff squishy though!!

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Right now, Roon. Once I got used to the gun layout and preference for kiting in front of an enemy push or flanking wide with your team’s push, I really started to enjoy the ship and was consistently getting great stats (very high average damage, pretty high average base xp and team position, and a good k/d and survival ratio), but no matter what I did I couldn’t seem to win. Even playing in three player divisions with good players, we consistently struggled to carry teams enough to win. It’s a small sample size, but for most of the grind I was sitting at a low 40% wr, compared to my 54% cruiser average and upper 50/low 60% wr in most of my other recent cruiser grinds. 

Members
4,328 posts
3,255 battles
3 hours ago, MizzenMast said:

I have the Fujin and the Kamikaze. My stats in the Fujin are better. They have the same setup and same captain. Go figure. 

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,545 battles

Anything I have played for the last two days.

More seriously, the Molotov.  Always a ship I thought I should be able to play better; but can't.

[PVE]
Members
7,314 posts
23,183 battles

Pre buff Myoko...errrrrg.

I had no idea what the Mogami was like while grinding through it to get to Mogami or I would have forced myself to grind through it faster (aka more losses in a row while attempting to get a 1st win).

I always ran whatever ships I was grindng (usually 4-6 lines at a time) however many times it took to get the 1st win...but just the total worthlessness & easiness to be tanked out just made me stop after 1 or 2 battles (or not even run it at all for days) win or lose in that POS.

Even on wins the performance just sucked.

The only T6 or above ship I don't keep in port (not even for snowflakes...the heebie jeebies are that bad).

Don't care that it got buffed...the only pleasurable memories of that ship was how easy it was to tank it out in other ships.

You would think the Mogami was adequate recompense (it really is 1 of the most OP tech tree ships there is) but it just made me angrier that it made me take so long to discover the joy that is Mogami due to how atrocious the Myoko was.

As a comparison...I had 4 T9 DDs (including both of the RU DDs w/their detection) that I was running when 8.0 dropped...& still consider the Myoko grind to be worse than them (Kitikaze was actually fun despite the CV hell & the T9 RN DD...forget which 1 that is presently... wasn't too bad either w/it's multiple smokes...but the RU ones were both kind of a pain...but still not as bad as Myoko).

[TIMT]
Members
1,134 posts
4,496 battles

Riga.

I now hate this ship with a passion, as I can barely get wins in it and if I do, it is the usual steamroll where you might be AFK and still win. Even more infuriating, most of the losses (not all of them, one game I threw in the last seconds by being stupid and unlucky) become apparent after just a few minutes as the teams are bad, really really bad.

Not sure if this is due some external factors, but I have the feeling a lot of normal players have left and the game is filled with potatoes with a sprinkle of unicums. I recently had a game, where MMM (fired it up mid way through the match because I was curious) showed me an avg. account WR of 44% on my team... 44%. You can't make that crapup. The other team was better at 48%.

Things like BBs shooting HE at broadside BBs at 6km ranges, DDs not understanding how their smoke generator works, radars/hydros in spawn. All of it understandable at T5/6 but please, when you reach T9 you should have learned. To me players like these (with 1000s of games, not just recently joined people) appear to be incapable of learning basic game functions,  something I can only explain by people actively trying to not learn anything. The level of ignorance and stupidity is off the charts.

Sorry if this was more of a rant than a funny reply, but stuff like this ticks me off.

Members
1,020 posts
1,413 battles
4 hours ago, MizzenMast said:

HMS Campbeltown: that ship is cursed for me. Most battles I play, it doesn't matter where I go, I die before the match is half over. It's also the only ship I've ever gotten a 5-game pink penalty in.

MN Dunkerque: A good ship, but I blew so many credits putting modifications on it before the free trial expired. Fortunately, I only ever lost once, on Newport.

Valkyrie Domelkairon, a ship I have NEVER won in. Still liked it. @MizzenMast will get the name reference.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

Based on feeling I'd have come up with a different ship instead of what my own statistics say.  I pulled this up from my own profile, with a minimum of 30 battles, sorted this on Battles Played from highest to lowest.  Atago is my unlucky ship, but a lot of this is due to me buying her when I was new.  I bought Atlanta and Atago when my highest level of experience was Tier V Omaha.  I went on to embarrass myself on both Atago and Atlanta, but the difference was that I went back and fixed my ATL performance.  I never went back and fix my Atago stats after I got better.

z-1.jpg

My Nagato and Colorado numbers are awful with a lower WR%, but I failed hard in Atago with more games.  A lot of these numbers are old stats though.

3 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

There's a lot of terrible RU ships, but you guys quickly jumping into "Russian Bias!" don't know what they are.  You guys bark at big shadows cast by little objects.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KRAK]
Members
1,474 posts
15,929 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Riga.

I now hate this ship with a passion, as I can barely get wins in it and if I do, it is the usual steamroll where you might be AFK and still win. Even more infuriating, most of the losses (not all of them, one game I threw in the last seconds by being stupid and unlucky) become apparent after just a few minutes as the teams are bad, really really bad.

Not sure if this is due some external factors, but I have the feeling a lot of normal players have left and the game is filled with potatoes with a sprinkle of unicums. I recently had a game, where MMM (fired it up mid way through the match because I was curious) showed me an avg. account WR of 44% on my team... 44%. You can't make that crapup. The other team was better at 48%.

Things like BBs shooting HE at broadside BBs at 6km ranges, DDs not understanding how their smoke generator works, radars/hydros in spawn. All of it understandable at T5/6 but please, when you reach T9 you should have learned. To me players like these (with 1000s of games, not just recently joined people) appear to be incapable of learning basic game functions,  something I can only explain by people actively trying to not learn anything. The level of ignorance and stupidity is off the charts.

Sorry if this was more of a rant than a funny reply, but stuff like this ticks me off.

I kept Riga and just XP and credit ground into Petro. Petro allows me to realize that Moskva is not that bad actually. Petro AP 20% more powerful, detection is 2 km less, and turrets rotate 360 so you can move side to side target wide much faster. But Moskva is not that much worse. Riga and Moskva are about the same to me, in damage done. Petro is better, but not light and day better. Will eventually take DM to Nevsky land.

[_BDA_]
Members
429 posts
6,990 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's a lot of terrible RU ships, but you guys quickly jumping into "Russian Bias!" don't know what they are.  You guys bark at big shadows cast by little objects.

I like my Russians... obviously you didn't follow my humor, such as it was.

Edited by michael_zahnle

Sign in to follow this