You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SledgehammerLion

Environment Suggestions

5 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,732 battles

I think it would be awesome to incorporate more variation to weather and the environment to the game. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely weather events that can happen on maps right now. We have thunderstorms and snowstorms which are pretty awesome. What I think would be better is if these were enhanced a bit with the lighting and skybox to go with the weather events (no more blue sky cyclones). Additionally, I think night battles would be pretty cool too. The battle of Guadalcanal was fought almost completely at night. Currently, there is one map I believe that has a "night" environment Northern Lights... but let's be honest with the amount of light it might as well be the middle of the day. I took these pictures in port using the port mod Night Ocean... and I think it's a great example of the kind of lighting and environment effects that would make this game a little more diverse and challenging. I realize this probably isn't at the top of the list, but changing lighting and skyboxes doesn't seem like a huge lift compared to other things like... say... a commander rework. :Smile_trollface: 

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,552 battles

I see a lot of full moons and clouds on weekends. It is no wonder the GKs are making out with other BBs.

The ramming on the weekend has to stop!

Someone is going to catch something.

LOL

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles

Night Battles sure would be something different using star shells and flood lights in pitch black darkness . Not counting radar and radio detection finders or sonar  .  A couple of years ago a game called Steel Oceans the graphics were not as nice but the night battle felt real  I passed up an enemy ships barely noticing it.  Anyway in real life  I remember steaming across the Atlantic Ocean on the Destroyer that I was on heading back to the states from the North Atlantic and Med operations back in 1970 , I decided to go topside and take a peak man it was just pitch black you could not see two feet in front of you.    

[CO-OP]
Members
2,342 posts
26,854 battles

Scenarios had some of these:

• Operation: Cherry Blossom had a night engagement. 
  • Operation: Hermes had some interesting storm mechanics.